GDT: Wings @ Canes | 7PM ET | FSD

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Hope we don't have another Kindl on our hands.
Not really possible. Even if Hronek never becomes anything he's a 2nd rounder drafted 53rd overall.

That's much different expectations than being drafted 19th overall. Kindl being the highest pick the Wings had since Marty Lapointe made it especially crushing.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Imagine watching a replay with all goals edited out but you're told goals were, in fact, scored and to guess the score. Wings winning 4-1 would not be my prediction.

The empty net sequence seemed an eternity. Carolina was not messing around and the Wings looked as if they wouldn't control the puck again but, alas, Larkin snips it across almost a full sheet of ice and keeps his points streak alive.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I’m sorry but Hronek is terrible
He has played all of 10 NHL games... he is trending really, really well for his age and draft position.

Hope we don't have another Kindl on our hands.
For reference, Hronek had more points in 20 AHL games this year than Kindl had in 75 games at the same development season. There's absolutely no reason to think Hronek won't have a better career, it's more a question of how much better.

He looks like some random 3rd rounder

Not a top 10 pick
That's how most 18-19 year olds look like in the NHL pretty much. Random 3rd round picks aren't in the NHL this early.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It seems like a lot of Wings fans are out of touch with what most young prospects do in the NHL out of the gate. Y’all are gonna have a tough time with this rebuild if you’re already disappointed with teenagers and 20 year old defenseman in their first NHL stints.
This whole board seems to be out of touch with what should be expected of 19 and 20 year olds.

Basically if they're not producing at the minimum of Nico Hischier's rookie season level, they're trash and not a core piece.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
It seems like a lot of Wings fans are out of touch with what most young prospects do in the NHL out of the gate. Y’all are gonna have a tough time with this rebuild if you’re already disappointed with teenagers and 20 year old defenseman in their first NHL stints.
That is why I find it so amusing that so many people think we are one UFA away from being competitive with this group.

Five years, maybe.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
This whole board seems to be out of touch with what should be expected of 19 and 20 year olds.

Basically if they're not producing at the minimum of Nico Hischier's rookie season level, they're trash and not a core piece.
People overrate prospects in general, but the comment sections of the Red Wings and Griffins Facebook posts are hilarious! I cant tell you how many times I've seen comments with a ton of likes from people demanding that Zadina be called up to the Wings. I swear most people dont look in to prospects, they just see a draft position and a highlight video and demand they be in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad