GDT: Wings @ Canes | 7PM ET | FSD

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
people seem to think that every 1st round prospect should have instant franchise changing impacts in their first season. There's a reason why players like matthews and mcdavid are considered generational. They are the exceptions, not the norm

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
people seem to think that every 1st round prospect should have instant franchise changing impacts in their first season. There's a reason why players like matthews and mcdavid are considered generational. They are the exceptions, not the norm

I dont think a single person on this entire website thinks that. In fact there may not be a hockey fan in the entire world that thinks that.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
This whole board seems to be out of touch with what should be expected of 19 and 20 year olds.

Basically if they're not producing at the minimum of Nico Hischier's rookie season level, they're trash and not a core piece.
And the other half of this whole board can have unreasonably high expectations of what a player will be without explaining why.

Right now this conversation has been dumbed down to:
"Hronek does not look good, and I'm worried that he is not good"
and
"I agree, Hronek does not look good, but of course he is going to get a lot better"

Both are valid opinions, but no one wants to discuss their opinion further

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I dont think a single person on this entire website thinks that. In fact there may not be a hockey fan in the entire world that thinks that.

Didn't you just call our teenager a third round pick though?

Look at Mittlestad's numbers. This takes a little bit of time.

Ras and Cholo are developing. Veleno is going to struggle if he makes it next year as will Zadina for a bit. Playing in the NHL is hard and has a steep learning curve. Thus far this season has been what it is supposed to be. Our goalies are playing extremely well which is why our points are a touch higher. But the kids are learning and Larkin has taken a big step and is the future leader. I am actually happy about that. What Rasmussen and Cholo do in the offseason will also be key to this picture. My opinion is we are going to hear a lot about Rasmussen crushing the gym and working on man strength.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I’m happy with Hronek’s development it’s just he’s not NHL ready imo

From the looks of it, I don't think there's a better place for him to develop than in Detroit imo. I think a lot his struggles stem from inexperience at the NHL level more than anything.

Give him a month and I wouldn't be surprised to see a much better player. He just needs to settle in.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Didn't you just call our teenager a third round pick though?

Look at Mittlestad's numbers. This takes a little bit of time.

Ras and Cholo are developing. Veleno is going to struggle if he makes it next year as will Zadina for a bit. Playing in the NHL is hard and has a steep learning curve. Thus far this season has been what it is supposed to be. Our goalies are playing extremely well which is why our points are a touch higher. But the kids are learning and Larkin has taken a big step and is the future leader. I am actually happy about that. What Rasmussen and Cholo do in the offseason will also be key to this picture. My opinion is we are going to hear a lot about Rasmussen crushing the gym and working on man strength.

I did. I never expected him to have instant franchise changing impact though, which is what I was responding to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad