GDT: Wings @ Canes | 7PM ET | FSD

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Not sure of the reasoning / logic behind it but getting a bench minor for losing a challenge on a play for offsides just seems odd

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Not sure of the reasoning / logic behind it but getting a bench minor for losing a challenge on a play for offsides just seems odd

To deter coaches from challenging on borderline scenarios, to help uphold the spirit of the rules

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I do think it was inconclusive, maybe the toe of his skate was on the ice

Regardless thst should have been a goal in the spirit of hockey. The offsides rule wasn't implemented to prevent goals like that lol. Also having your skate in the air but bring behind the line should absolutely mean you are on sides.

Agreed. Should be a rule change

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
It's supposed to keep teams from challenging everything without consequence. You'd better be sure.

I think they need to deal with pucks over the glass like an icing. Same with losing any challenge, offsides or goalie interference. Still a negative consequence but not as harsh.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

If it’s “inconclusive,” you shouldn’t get the bench minor IMO. Unlike Blashill’s usual challenges, this was a smart move to make.

No complaints about the call though. That was a sick shit by Svech. He deserved it.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Am I crazy or is this like 3 games in a row I'm bored shitless. Red Wings looks slow and soft as Charmin and heavily outshot...

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Am I crazy or is this like 3 games in a row I'm bored ****less. Red Wings looks slow and soft as Charmin and heavily outshot...

You're right we've been absolutely terrible for the third or fourth game in a row now

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You know it's going to be a long night when Ehn and de la Rose are the only guys that look dangerous offensively

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Amazed how many times Wings stay level or take a lead when giving up nearly double the shots. Imagine the scoring once they find a way to put shots on net.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Can Rasmussen do something? I'm getting a little bored of him/weary...

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Wow the hockey gods are letting us win for once. Broken clock is right once in awhile.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Judging by how everyone on the telecasts talks about Mrazek, anyone else get that feeling that Mrazek had no issues burning a ton of bridges on his way out?

I'm not saying a lot of what they say is false...or true...but they have no qualms letting viewers know about it.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
What makes Carolina so good at getting shots? Don't they still lead the league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->