GDT: Wings at Bruins - NBCSN Rivalry Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
This season was good for me. I have become desensitized to losing. I used to feel upset whenever we lost - now I don't particularly care.

Maybe its because with every loss i am happy that we're potentially closer to an awesome draft pick. That never really was the case earlier.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This season was good for me. I have become desensitized to losing. I used to feel upset whenever we lost - now I don't particularly care.

Maybe its because with every loss i am happy that we're potentially closer to an awesome draft pick. That never really was the case earlier.

Next year will probably be the moment where you realize not all high draft picks are really game changers... That is when that next stage hits you probably. :laugh: In this draft year in particular that is likely to be true.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not that Z is a bad player but a whole philosophical change is needed. I knew when I typed that acquiring two top three D is darn near impossible in one off season. Is trouba the answer? I am not
sure. First round pick should stay with the Wings. Get the best center or d prospect you can.

Trouba is worth everyone not named Nolan Patrick to me in this draft.

There is a reason I qualified that statement with I bet Winnipeg isn't interested in that deal.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Next year will probably be the moment where you realize not all high draft picks are really game changers... That is when that next stage hits you probably. :laugh: In this draft year in particular that is likely to be true.

I don't think the Wings should expect any 2017 draft pick to play in the 2017-2018 season.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey I am disappointed as anyone with Larkin. However, his future is not set in stone. Especially not by the guy that told me he would be a dominant defensive matchup center and future captain in the league. One bumpy year and Pierre is off the bandwagon.:shakehead

Bothers me that you could expect him to say the polar opposite without even the hint of humility about it if he bounces back next year. What a clown.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Don't think they've won a battle or foot race all night. Team is so weak on the puck

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
Trouba is worth everyone not named Nolan Patrick to me in this draft.

There is a reason I qualified that statement with I bet Winnipeg isn't interested in that deal.

I don't see Troua as being a savior of the Wings D. Too me he is better than DK but he is a 4. I like his physicality. That is about it.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
For as much as people think our team is underachieving....

This team isn't underachieving. A team headlined by Abdelkader, DeKeyser, and Neilsen is lottery pick city.

Zetterberg has been as good as we could ever expect, too. God forbid he got hurt you'd be worse than Arizona. Maybe they can trade us back Datsyuk's rights.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't see Troua as being a savior of the Wings D. Too me he is better than DK but he is a 4. I like his physicality. That is about it.

Trouba is at worst for me a #2.

No he is not the savior, but you wanted one of those addressed and realistically if the Jets would take it moving our top pick might get us Trouba, probably not though.

I like him more than Liljegren

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I really do think Larkin just lacks hockey IQ. All he ever does is chase the puck at full speed, he has 0 ability to anticipate plays. We'd be in such a better position if he had continued to improve from last season. I'm not giving up hope yet but watching him out there is just painful at times. I want him to turn into a great player for us sooo badly but I just cant see it right now :(

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
Trouba is at worst for me a #2.

No he is not the savior, but you wanted one of those addressed and realistically if the Jets would take it moving our top pick might get us Trouba, probably not though.

I like him more than Liljegren

Like I said I would not move a top 10 pick for him. He does not seem to have enough offense RIGHT NOW. Maybe later. Keep the pick and get the best player you can.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Wow 4-0. Did Coreau start? Or were we stupid enough to play Mrazek back 2 back?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You know you have reached new lows when Eddie O starts pointing out that we are getting jobbed by the officials. :laugh:

A day I never thought I would see.... I figured the hate would be strong with him if we became Edmonton for the next decade.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
You know you have reached new lows when Eddie O starts pointing out that we are getting jobbed by the officials. :laugh:

A day I never thought I would see.... I figured the hate would be strong with him if we became Edmonton for the next decade.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

HF can shut down now, you win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad