GDT: Wings at Bruins - NBCSN Rivalry Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Guess it's a good thing I couldn't watch the game tonight. Anyone playing well? What are the positives?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
He got to center in the first period with Mantha and Athanasiou (so initial excitement) and they promptly got crushed. Then after an abysmal period was put out 4 on 4 with Tatar and tried a fancy dangle move in his own slot that was just incredibly stupid. One of the worst decisions somebody has made in a season full of bad ones in terms of describing that turnover.

The turnover was bad enough, I wouldn't have said boo if he didn't see the ice the rest of the night or played fourth line winger with Miller and Glenny the rest of the way.

Larkin's a good skater and a hard worker, but I've yet to see anything from him where I'm like "yeah, you got some hockey IQ."

And without hockey IQ, all those physical gifts are nothing.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Mantha's one was a young guy mistake, soft play at the other teams blueline that you hope he learns from.

Larkin's play was forbidden in pee-wee for Pete's sake.

I think it's being a bit harsh. It was stupid. It also isn't the first time I've seen a young guy get too cute and stupid where he shouldn't be.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
There are plenty of problems with the concept of the Red Wings "rebuilding on the fly" however the one that says we can just follow the Boston model is that Boston actually drafts and develops skill. We clearly don't. Not for well over 15 years. :help:
Had we put money into good players this would not be happening. No Ericson no helm no **** hands sheham. Getting good players like yandle jagr.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think it's being a bit harsh. It was stupid. It also isn't the first time I've seen a young guy get too cute and stupid where he shouldn't be.

Winger all I can say is catch the first period again. It wasn't even the first or second time he was doing something stupid in his own end.

I agree it is the worst turnover I have seen him make. But it was a cap to what he had been doing all period as well, it was just the most emphatically bad of a series of pretty bad reads and attempts.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Games like this disabuse the Holland defenders of the idea we're "just a few pieces away" from being good. :shakehead

I don't care what the Holland defenders think, they don't decide anything. Unfortunately the man at the top is under that delusion and thinks he can make this team a playoff team again next year.

Seems like Holland is right, a rebuild takes 10-15 years. But that's only when you waste 5 of those years attempting to re-arrange the deck chairs on the Titanic as if that will make any meaningful difference.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I don't care what the Holland defenders think, they don't decide anything. Unfortunately the man at the top is under that delusion and thinks he can make this team a playoff team again next year.

Seems like Holland is right, a rebuild takes 10-15 years. But that's only when you waste 5 of those years attempting to re-arrange the deck chairs on the Titanic as if that will make any meaningful difference.

I don't think that it's rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic, it's more like rearranging deckchairs on the Hindenburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad