Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
I'm rooting with you guys tonight.

Hope you don't mind.

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Blashill is probably praying his other eye gets swollen shut somehow so he doesn't have to watch Boston score a touchdown.

LionsFan01

Jan 10, 2016
No just like Ericsson wasn't. But he isn't a building block, he is an average second pairing D-man that isn't improving. Not just offensively, but he isn't improving defensively. Most of us were willing to see that in terms of him evolving in the corners and in front of his net and becoming a very good shutdown guy. Well that isn't happening either. He has a ton of soul searching to do this summer.

Heck I wouldn't pick him to represent Team USA in the World Championships and that is something I am stunned by.

If this season is any indication, he's looking at "average second pairing D-man" in the rear view mirror. He's getting worse at literally everything.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If this season is any indication, he's looking at "average second pairing D-man" in the rear view mirror. He's getting worse at literally everything.

We will see, I am really hoping the Michigan contingent that we know hangs out a decent amount of ice is taking this personally. They have been terrible as a group and since Sheahan and Smith were the guys they folded into that group it isn't good for them either. Well at least Smith looks pretty good in NY.

In any event I am curious to see what Abdelkader, Larkin and DK do in the off-season. I know the first two are hard workers and I hope DK is as well. He is going to need to be.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lightning fan just chiming in to say it's time to fire Blashill and just totally hit the reset button for a couple of years. Pierre can defend the coaching staff all he wants but it's clear as day they've given up. Not unless this is a deliberate tank. Once the team gives up on the coach you gotta let him go. I say that as a Lightning fan who saw his team get reduced to an AHL lineup and refuses to die for the increasingly unpopular Jon Cooper.

I'm not saying that to rub things in but rather to say I know how it goes and to wish you good luck going forward.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
It's like a competition between the two goalies on who can suck the most.Coreau is not NHL material. Any game he is in equals an auto loss. But then mrasuck leaked in so many bad goals this year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Lightning fan just chiming in to say it's time to fire Blashill and just totally hit the reset button for a couple of years. Pierre can defend the coaching staff all he wants but it's clear as day they've given up. Not unless this is a deliberate tank. Once the team gives up on the coach you gotta let him go. I say that as a Lightning fan who saw his team get reduced to an AHL lineup and refuses to die for the increasingly unpopular Jon Cooper.

I'm not saying that to rub things in but rather to say I know how it goes and to wish you good luck going forward.

Careful what you wish for, I can guess where he winds up if we do let him go. With Cooper in Tampa.:laugh:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

our management is more of a problem, but yeah coaching is a major issue too

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
"Its a 2% league. We need to be 2% better"

LOL. Holland better hit the door after his contract is done

That statement is really true of pro sports. You can take it or leave it, but at that level it is fairly true. What it doesn't really make clear is how often that 2% difference proves out though. This is especially true over a long haul.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I considered that but I don't think that's gonna happen. Bowness and Richards are getting it done well enough. No one has figured out what Brad Lauer does either so maybe that's Blashill's opening?

They are very close friends and run the same system.

I really think of Blashill like DeBoer. He is a good coach in a very bad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad