GDT: Wings at Bruins - NBCSN Rivalry Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
If holland doesn't completely blow this up he needs to gtfo he ruined this team with his awful contracts so have the balls to make the hard decision and fix it. I'm tired of watching pathetic product

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
our management is more of a problem, but yeah coaching is a major issue too

From an unbiased outsider's perspective, I can't really pin the last few years solely on Holland. The front office did their homework to assemble an AHL caliber champion with guys like Tatar, Nyquist, Larkin, Sheahan, Glendening, Jurco, Smith and Mrazek.

All things considered they did their job. The problem is that none of these guys have taken the passing of the torch with the same success as their predecessors over the last 25 years. It's a lot of good players but they "just weren't good enough" so to speak. Combine that with cap hell and the obvious transition period it's not a wonder you guys have been stuck in almost Whaler-like ".500 hell" for the last 3 or so years.

Chalk it up to: sometimes things just don't work out

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
At least show up in the second. If I were Holland anyone is on the market. Z too. Holland needs to go or find away to get two top three D and a top center and someone who can hit. JA sucks and DK sucks.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Firing the coach is easy

It's a change in philosophy this franchise needs

Starts with ownership/GM

I sort of doubt that, the law of averages had even smart and committed people eventually hitting a tough stretch given how the system is setup to operate.

These people didn't suddenly become idiots, even if that is a popular opinion right now.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Having the puck by yourself in the slot is a good place to start with the show.:laugh:

For as much as people think our team is underachieving.... they have a top 3 d man in the game and an elite winger, and aren't much better.

If I was a TB fan I'd be volunteering to drive him to the airport.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
If holland doesn't completely blow this up he needs to gtfo he ruined this team with his awful contracts so have the balls to make the hard decision and fix it. I'm tired of watching pathetic product

ownership needs to step up and show that they aren't willing to let the team fall into ruin like this. There is a good way to do a rebuild and then there is screwing over the future which is what Holland is gonna do this offseason when he tries to get us back into the playoffs next season

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Looks at box score.

See's Larkin with a -3

giphy.gif

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
At least show up in the second. If I were Holland anyone is on the market. Z too. Holland needs to go or find away to get two top three D and a top center and someone who can hit. JA sucks and DK sucks.

Why is Z on the market???

Unless Zetterberg walks in his office and demands a trade, we should be thankful to have him around. Somebody has to teach these guys how to be hockey players and we have one of the best ones around to do it. Look at how he has played on this sinking ship, very thankful Z is still on this team.

All of those things you listed he has to really do through the draft, we don't have a trade for one of those guys.

I mean you could offer our first, especially if it winds up 2-5 for Trouba, not sure the Jets bite.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

There ain't a player on our team that's retuning that. I suggest you read up on the draft, because it that's what you want that's where you're gonna get it.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
For as much as people think our team is underachieving.... they have a top 3 d man in the game and an elite winger, and aren't much better.

If I was a TB fan I'd be volunteering to drive him to the airport.

Oh I think Tampa has been real bad. Losing Stammer is bigger than anything we lost and Bishop played like booty for most of the first half. Coburn is also just flat terrible which is more of an Yzerman problem moving forward in terms of blame regardless of what happens.

He did go to the Finals and Conference Finals the years before this. Up to them, just would be surprised if he is given his marching orders.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
They are very close friends and run the same system.

I really think of Blashill like DeBoer. He is a good coach in a very bad situation.

I can mostly agree with that but I question his line management the same as I do Cooper. On so many nights I feel like guys like Mantha and AA are not getting a fair enough crack. But meanwhile he'll pop out a stone hands 4th liner every chance he gets

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I can mostly agree with that but I question his line management the same as I do Cooper. On so many nights I feel like guys like Mantha and AA are not getting a fair enough crack. But meanwhile he'll pop out a stone hands 4th liner every chance he gets

It is interesting in maybe their worst period of the year, he basically played the forward lineup we have begged for on here. The kids just got taken to the woodshed in that period.

I don't think he has been perfect. I have found it disappointing to be sure. But the coach is an easy guy to blame. We aren't a very good team and it was bound to eventually happen. There doesn't always need to be an angry movement with torches out. We need lots of help, lets see the steps forward from here. They just aren't a very good hockey team and they have gone from I hope they get aggressive and we should probably do something to we have to, it happens. :dunno:

We will see the steps forward at this point. Holland has earned the chance to have a crack at this through his first 30+ years with the franchise. It might go horribly a look around the NHL says when you bottom out it will. But everyone bottoms out eventually, the system is setup that way.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
No just like Ericsson wasn't. But he isn't a building block, he is an average second pairing D-man that isn't improving. Not just offensively, but he isn't improving defensively. Most of us were willing to see that in terms of him evolving in the corners and in front of his net and becoming a very good shutdown guy. Well that isn't happening either. He has a ton of soul searching to do this summer.

Heck I wouldn't pick him to represent Team USA in the World Championships and that is something I am stunned by.

Why is Z on the market???

Unless Zetterberg walks in his office and demands a trade, we should be thankful to have him around. Somebody has to teach these guys how to be hockey players and we have one of the best ones around to do it. Look at how he has played on this sinking ship, very thankful Z is still on this team.

All of those things you listed he has to really do through the draft, we don't have a trade for one of those guys.

I mean you could offer our first, especially if it winds up 2-5 for Trouba, not sure the Jets bite.
Not that Z is a bad player but a whole philosophical change is needed. I knew when I typed that acquiring two top three D is darn near impossible in one off season. Is trouba the answer? I am not
sure. First round pick should stay with the Wings. Get the best center or d prospect you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad