GDT: Wings at Bruins - NBCSN Rivalry Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Well if he wants to sit the kids they are giving him plenty of ammo tonight. Just a horrible night. I know the other guys aren't really pulling on the rope, but the kids are basically lighting the rope on fire instead of pulling on it.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Trashill has completely lost this team. He has no business as a NHL coach and should be fired. This is as bad as rich rod in Michigan.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
What did Larkin do that's earned everyone's wrath tonight? Sounds like there was one play in particular, but I missed the first.

Like I said I would not move a top 10 pick for him. He does not seem to have enough offense RIGHT NOW. Maybe later. Keep the pick and get the best player you can.

Trouba's missed some games this year, but he's pacing for a forty point season, and averaging 24 minutes a night while playing in all situations. If we could draft a guy who could do that, the pick would be a run-away success. Also, we're not going to be able to pull a young D who doesn't have any question marks to his game with a trade based primarily around a pick. The other team just has no motivation to move such a guy.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Wings are just getting thoroughly out-classed tonight. We can try to dissect it, but it's really just lousy hockey running into a good team, and the results are what you'd expect.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
What did Larkin do that's earned everyone's wrath tonight? Sounds like there was one play in particular, but I missed the first.

Trouba's missed some games this year, but he's pacing for a forty point season, and averaging 24 minutes a night while playing in all situations. If we could draft a guy who could do that, the pick would be a run-away success. Also, we're not going to be able to pull a young D who doesn't have any question marks to his game with a trade based primarily around a pick. The other team just has no motivation to move such a guy.

He got to center in the first period with Mantha and Athanasiou (so initial excitement) and they promptly got crushed. Then after an abysmal period was put out 4 on 4 with Tatar and tried a fancy dangle move in his own slot that was just incredibly stupid. One of the worst decisions somebody has made in a season full of bad ones in terms of describing that turnover.

The turnover was bad enough, I wouldn't have said boo if he didn't see the ice the rest of the night or played fourth line winger with Miller and Glenny the rest of the way.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014

Watch the replay of the 4th goal, pretty atrocious turnover. Better yet watch the replays on all of the Bruins first 4 goals and enjoy the lawlz

WxIxNxGxSxFxAxNx26

Mar 11, 2015
AZ From CA
Hoping we can be bad enough for one of the top 3 picks. Geez, it's bad guys. Will be the first time we missed the playoffs since I was 4. Basically my whole life. No matter what, I'm a WING til I die. Have the winged wheel tattoo'd on my forearm.
#Wings4Life

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He got to center in the first period with Mantha and Athanasiou (so initial excitement) and they promptly got crushed. Then after an abysmal period was put out 4 on 4 with Tatar and tried a fancy dangle move in his own slot that was just incredibly stupid. One of the worst decisions somebody has made in a season full of bad ones in terms of describing that turnover.

The turnover was bad enough, I wouldn't have said boo if he didn't see the ice the rest of the night or played fourth line winger with Miller and Glenny the rest of the way.

The dangle was probably the thing the broadcast crew was still lamenting when I tuned in. It sounds stupid, but it also sounds like a typical young/inexperienced player mistake. I can live with those if he learns from it and the effort's still there. Kind of a weird time to throw the kids together, though. Blashill isn't exactly doing them any favors with this match-up.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The dangle was probably the thing the broadcast crew was still lamenting when I tuned in. It sounds stupid, but it also sounds like a typical young/inexperienced player mistake. I can live with those if he learns from it and the effort's still there. Kind of a weird time to throw the kids together, though. Blashill isn't exactly doing them any favors with this match-up.

Mantha's one was a young guy mistake, soft play at the other teams blueline that you hope he learns from.

Larkin's play was forbidden in pee-wee for Pete's sake.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
There are plenty of problems with the concept of the Red Wings "rebuilding on the fly" however the one that says we can just follow the Boston model is that Boston actually drafts and develops skill. We clearly don't. Not for well over 15 years. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad