Confirmed with Link: Wings acquire Robby Fabbri for Jacob De La Rose

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Low risk, high reward. Higher reward than the Perlini trade for sure. De La Rose is a solid fourth line center but theres no upside there and the wings have plenty of guys who can fill that role. Guys like Turgeon and Pearson could be there anytime now as well. Fabbri has the potential to be a scorer if he gets healthy though, or at least a middle 6, PP guy.

Hiroses PP spot might not be his much longer if Fabbri gets his feet under him. He was only getting 9-10 mins a game in St Louis this year, he'll play more than that in Detroit

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I liked Fabbri a lot in his draft year. I think this is a good trade, still some decent upside but ultimately results in a net influx of skill, which is something this organization is sorely lacking.

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Which of course makes zero sense.
I think Svech will be fine, he's played really well in what little we've seen him and I trust anyone to assess talent, it's Yzerman. Hopefully Svech rips it up in GR with out other young studs and has a roster spot with some skilled players next year. It hurts to see him play with Nielsen and Abdelkader. I like the way Yzermans moving this along

Reactions: hkydave04

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Well, if Fabbri doesn't pan out then this is really going to be a one line team.

DLR was the reason why the 4th line was so effective. I know he's a waiver pickup, but he's +3 on a team that's about to set a league record in goal differential. 4th line plug? Sure, but the best one we had.

I remember a lot of people here wanted Fabbri over Larkin in the draft. Worth rolling the dice I suppose, this team needs a scorer, badly.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Explain your thought process.

I already have.
Svech looked better and better as the exhibition season went on.
He finished tied for the team league in points and did it in about 60 percent of the minutes it took Hirose to do it.
He started the AHL with a big game.
He got called up to Detroit. And sat.
And then when he did play a little bit, he looked pretty darn good.

And then he got sent back to GR,
For who? For Erne? Erne's been pretty much useless. His main contribution tonight was a stupid penalty, after he coughed up the puck on a PP, that caused a huge goal against.

Erne. On the f***ing powerplay.
While Svechnikov is in Grand Rapids.

And then we dump Svech even further down the f***ing depth list by trading for Perlini. Four games in, Perlini looks like a guy who can't make an NHL team.

And now, Fabbri.

Frankly, I thought Svechnikov earned a f***ing job with his exhibition season.
Yet, somehow, on this shithole team, he's falling even further down the depth charts.

Maybe he's just not that good. His stride is choppy.
But god damn, I'd have loved to spent these last 15 games finding out, rather than adding all these rejects from other teams.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I already have.
Svech looked better and better as the exhibition season went on.
He finished tied for the team league in points and did it in about 60 percent of the minutes it took Hirose to do it.
He started the AHL with a big game.
He got called up to Detroit. And sat.
And then when he did play a little bit, he looked pretty darn good.

And then he got sent back to GR,
For who? For Erne? Erne's been pretty much useless. His main contribution tonight was a stupid penalty, after he coughed up the puck on a PP, that caused a huge goal against.

Erne. On the ****ing powerplay.
While Svechnikov is in Grand Rapids.

And then we dump Svech even further down the ****ing depth list by trading for Perlini. Four games in, Perlini looks like a guy who can't make an NHL team.

And now, Fabbri.

Frankly, I thought Svechnikov earned a ****ing job with his exhibition season.
Yet, somehow, on this ****hole team, he's falling even further down the depth charts.

Maybe he's just not that good. His stride is choppy.
But god damn, I'd have loved to spent these last 15 games finding out, rather than adding all these rejects from other teams.
So by your own analysis, Svech is NHL caliber & should be up, I agree...however Stevie doesn't want his talented prospects getting torched is my point. I'm surprised Cholo is still up, but the injuries make it mandatory for now.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Wishing Fabbri the best of luck with you guys. Hopefully with consistent playing time he can get back to a level we were getting before his injuries. Even if not, he's still a very fine addition for the Wings bottom 6.

What's the scoop on De la Rose?

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
So by your own analysis, Svech is NHL caliber & should be up, I agree...however Stevie doesn't want his talented prospects getting torched is my point. I'm surprised Cholo is still up, but the injuries make it mandatory for now.

Dude. He's 23. He's been pro for 3-4 years now.
He's not a first-year pro.
And his job is being taken by other 23 year olds.
Hirose.
Erne.
Perlini.
Fabbri.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Wishing Fabbri the best of luck with you guys. Hopefully with consistent playing time he can get back to a level we were getting before his injuries. Even if not, he's still a very fine addition for the Wings bottom 6.

What's the scoop on De la Rose?

De la Rose is a really sound defensive forward. He will fit in nicely with St Louis. Good along the boards, decent skater, not much offense but is responsible and can be trusted. Not a strong faceoff guy but can hold his own.

He's a plus player on the worst team in the league which says something. We wish him nothing but the best.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Defensive minded center/wing that can kill penalties and block shots. Not a whole lot of offence, but he's steady defensively.

De la Rose is a really sound defensive forward. He will fit in nicely with St Louis. Good along the boards, decent skater, not much offense but is responsible and can be trusted. Not a strong faceoff guy but can hold his own.

He's a plus player on the worst team in the league which says something. We wish him nothing but the best.

Thanks. Once again I hope to see Fabbri tear it up again with you guys, despite the injuries, he still has a nice upside if he can hit it.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Worst case scenario; we got a guy for nothing, traded him, then don't re-sign the return. In the end, we loose nothing.

Best case scenario, we are able to flip a waiver claim of a 4th liner, and gain a player who can be top 6, or we can trade that top 6 guy for a pick.
Either way, getting a pick or a top 6 forward for a waiver claim is a win.

Reactions: MoritzSeiderAtSix

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Good trade for the Blues. I think Jacob will fit perfectly on that roster, especially for a team trying to repeat. Fabbri will be a nice project.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I'm not happy to see Fabbs go I think you guys got a gem with untapped top 6 potential, I really do. Fabbri is fast, smart, and has a good wrist shot and is tenacious. I have no idea why Berube wouldn't put in the lineup more consistently other than he's a small forward, he's not the best defensively either but that's been overblown imo, it's not like he's terrible out there and will get better since he hasn't played much. He had 15 points in 20 playoff games as an undersized 19 year old rookie a few years ago, he's a gamer.

I hope has lot's of success for you guys.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad