Confirmed with Link: Wings acquire Robby Fabbri for Jacob De La Rose

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
I’m liking these type of low risk high upside trades. Too bad DLR is going the other way because I think he’s arguably been our 4th best forward (Yikes). DLR is what he is though and Fabbri had top 6 talent/production. In the meantime I suppose it helps the tank. I like the Bertuzzi link. I’m all for helping morale in whatever form to ease the pain in the locker room. Keeping BLM optimistic and motivated is crucial.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I already have.
Svech looked better and better as the exhibition season went on.
He finished tied for the team league in points and did it in about 60 percent of the minutes it took Hirose to do it.
He started the AHL with a big game.
He got called up to Detroit. And sat.
And then when he did play a little bit, he looked pretty darn good.

And then he got sent back to GR,
For who? For Erne? Erne's been pretty much useless. His main contribution tonight was a stupid penalty, after he coughed up the puck on a PP, that caused a huge goal against.

Erne. On the ****ing powerplay.
While Svechnikov is in Grand Rapids.

And then we dump Svech even further down the ****ing depth list by trading for Perlini. Four games in, Perlini looks like a guy who can't make an NHL team.

And now, Fabbri.

Frankly, I thought Svechnikov earned a ****ing job with his exhibition season.
Yet, somehow, on this ****hole team, he's falling even further down the depth charts.

Maybe he's just not that good. His stride is choppy.
But god damn, I'd have loved to spent these last 15 games finding out, rather than adding all these rejects from other teams.
I look for him to end up with his brother and the goalie dumbass let go.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
i dont care about his defense. we have enough guys who dont have talent to score. Great trade!!

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Love this trade. I have always been a fan of Fabbri the injuries have just slowed his career. He did play center in junior and a bit in the NHL. I would put him at center between AA and Perlini to see if we can finally create a decent 2nd line.

Reactions: lilidk

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
This trade is honestly genius.

A good defense-only forward doesn’t do us much good when they’re still being outscored 5-1 every night. I like DLR, but he’s redundant on this roster. Not to mention we got him for free essentially so no harm done. He’ll do well in STL.

Even if these past two trades fail, there wasn’t a whole lot lost in the process. We should’ve been making moves like this for years now. Even when we were competitive.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
At least he's making moves! LOL

Oh wait, that's not how this works. Good to see fans are sill living in the honeymoon phase with Stevie

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
The logic of this trade is the exact same as the Perlini deal, but this one has way more going for it considering what we are giving away. JDLR has been a good player for us, but we have way too many 4th line defensive types.

Honestly, it feels like Yzerman is having his very own expansion draft just picking off the high upside outcasts of other teams for middle of the road prospects and cheap depth players. The way he brought in Erne, Perlini, and Fabbri are all similar capitalizing on other teams roster situations.

My only concern is how the knee injuries have impacted Fabbri’s explosiveness. I recall his skating being important to his game during his draft process, but admittedly haven’t followed him much at all in his professional career.

Reactions: Ricelund

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
STL wouldn't trade the kid away for JDLR if they believed he had a shot to come back even 80% his pre-injury form. This is STL getting a fourth liner for him and Yzerman taking a very long shot on the kid - who needs a good 4th liner on a really bad team anyways. I get why Yzerman made the trade, but don't expect it to pay off in any appreciable way.

Reactions: izlez

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
Thought I was dreaming when I woke up and seen this. I forgot he had injuries though, I liked him a lot.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
I'll be watching Wings games a bit more because of this deal. I've always had a soft spot for Fabs. Take care of him boys.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Are you saying this was a bad trade for Yzerman to make?
Well, Fabbri doesn't look to be a good NHL player by any means. I don't expect to help us win in the short term or the long term.

And I don't agree with celebrating moves for the sake of moves that seems to go on around here. If we had another GM that had been around for a few years, and he made 3 trades that combined for a total of 21 games played, 0 points, and -11... those would be viewed as failures rather than celebrated

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
At least he's making moves! LOL

Oh wait, that's not how this works. Good to see fans are sill living in the honeymoon phase with Stevie

Yeah, look at that amazing scoring depth he inherited!
Helm: 5 points
Hirose: 5 points
DLR: 4 points
Glendening: 3 points
Abdelkader: 3 points
Neilsen: 0 points
Ehn: 0 points

Even if Erne, Perlini and Fabbri do nothing they are all on cheap contracts and easy to move or waive. Abby, Helm and Neilsen are owed a combined $13.4 million per year. These are low risk moves to try to add some skill and youth to our old, overpriced, low skill lineup. I haven't seen anyone overstate the potential impact of any of these guys Yzerman has acquired.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Well, Fabbri doesn't look to be a good NHL player by any means. I don't expect to help us win in the short term or the long term.

And I don't agree with celebrating moves for the sake of moves that seems to go on around here. If we had another GM that had been around for a few years, and he made 3 trades that combined for a total of 21 games played, 0 points, and -11... those would be viewed as failures rather than celebrated

You also have to take into account what was traded away and the thought process. In this case DLR is a nothing player that the Wings got for free. Even if Fabbri busts out this was a good gamble to make and we really lost nothing to do it.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

The team has spiraled over the last several games. DLR was a consistent, but unimpactful player who was in no way helping the team win games. Fabbri has been plagued with injuries but has more talent than DLR and could potentially give the Wings some semblance of offense if he can get it going. No, it isn't the move that suddenly makes the team a contender, but sometimes it is the little moves that can potentially make an impact (as small as it may be) and improve the team in meaningful ways. It remains to be seen whether that is the case, but I am at least more optimistic about the Wings getting better offensively with Fabbri on the roster than just keeping DLR.

I also find it very strange that you would categorize this as the "Yzerman honeymoon phase" when we have Blues fans also saying that this was a good deal on Detroit's part. Are Blues fans also experiencing this honeymoon phase?

Do you think Yzerman has done a bad job as GM thus far?

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
DLR is one of the only reliable guy defensively on this roster and I started to appreciate him, but yeah, he has almost no offence to speak of. I'll miss him but this is a good trade. We need to find some offensive talent. And it's harder to find than defensive talent that's for sure.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Why would the Blues do this? I don't get it from their perspective?
It sounds like Fabbri wasn't a fit for what Berube is doing. DLR is a very solid defensive forward who I imagine would fit in as 4th liner and be very responsible. That probably makes sense for a team in win-now mode. Fabbri was having trouble getting ice time from what I've read. It could be that his knee injuries have reduced his overall explosiveness and skating but I haven't seen enough of him to say for sure.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->