Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread, Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oct 3, 2019
You can go by stats but not for 1 game sample,3rd goal terrible play by Perrott to allow opponent to shoot,grant it a bad goal,but what I have been saying all along is Onuska allowing more then 3 per game and he did it 6 of the last 7 starts,Medina doesn't do that and his goals against average last 2 appearances is 1.50 and save percentage of .917.
Is there something we don’t know about you and Medina?

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
You can go by stats but not for 1 game sample,3rd goal terrible play by Perrott to allow opponent to shoot,grant it a bad goal,but what I have been saying all along is Onuska allowing more then 3 per game and he did it 6 of the last 7 starts,Medina doesn't do that and his goals against average last 2 appearances is 1.50 and save percentage of .917.
I’d love to see where you got those numbers from last 2 appearances. From the parts of the game i saw Medina wasn’t really challenged tonight at all. Team finally played a decent defensive game. I’m just waiting to see how Medina reacts to poor defensive game and will make a big save when it is needed

Reactions: ohloutsider

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Why
Because I stick up for a player
and post indisputable numbers to illustrate my point.
You noticed I said he allowed one bad goal tonight didn't you
He is 4-0 vs Hounds this year with a goals against of 2.06 and save per centage of .912 averages per game against them.
What's your problem posting positive info.

Reactions: OHLTG

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015
LOL you are so ridiculous it's funny.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Did you ever consider the fact that, regardless of your meaningless stats, the team is just more comfortable with Onuska? Maybe the players just put forth a better effort with a team player instead of a prima dona? Just sayin....
Yes the team seemed very uncomfortable tonight with Medina in goal tonight as they really cut down on scoring chances for the opposition,especially on the PK,with Windsor finally allowing PP goal.

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
Yes the team seemed very uncomfortable tonight with Medina in goal tonight as they really cut down on scoring chances for the opposition,especially on the PK,with Windsor finally allowing PP goal
Cherry pickers like you were prized at one time in Niagara.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Good to get another 2 points. Medina not really tested this game. Windsor showing there are a deeper team then Soo and most teams for that matter. This should be the year the team breaks playoff drought. I don’t think it will matter which kid is in goal either. They win with both.

Last edited:

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Realistically, we have... Zito, Perrott, Renwick, Currie, Sobolev, De Angelis, Ride, Ribau, and Jodoin... and maybe even Cuylle (to a lesser extent) that can (or have) gone this season. I'm one of the biggest fight supporters you'll meet and there's zero reason for Johnston to need to drop the gloves. If people aren't happy about that, it's their issue, not Johnston's.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor now 16-4-2-2 vs the top 3 teams London, Flint,Soo in the conference so far this season
after last night's win in the S00.
Even more impressive they are 13-1-0-1 vs Flint and SSM,and that single game regulation loss occurred Nov 13 when the Hounds defeated Windsor and third goalie Kyle Downey 4-3 in Windsor.
Downey and the Spits would get that back with a 4-3 win over the Hounds in the 2nd last game before the Christmas break.
Anyone who has said that Windsor is not a contender in the conference is clueless.

Oct 3, 2019
Realistically, we have... Zito, Perrott, Renwick, Currie, Sobolev, De Angelis, Ride, Ribau, and Jodoin... and maybe even Cuylle (to a lesser extent) that can (or have) gone this season. I'm one of the biggest fight supporters you'll meet and there's zero reason for Johnston to need to drop the gloves. If people aren't happy about that, it's their issue, not Johnston's.
I’m just saying grow a set. They throw him around like a rag doll

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits OA winger Dainiel D'amico who scored last night's come from behind game winner at the Soo continues his excellent play of late.
Spits now have won 6 in a row,D'amico has scored 9 goals in those 6 games with at least 1 in everyone one of those games.
As well only 2 overage forwards in the entire Western Conference have scored more then D'amico 's 24 goals this season,Kitchener 's Mike Petizan(30) and Soo forward Ty Kartje(36) both 1st line forwards for their respective teams.
One poster on here once wrote that D'amico was one of the worst oa plus_ minus wingers in the league.
He is a +2 in this category, earlier in the season he was a -12 ,also was playing alot on 3rd line and alot of those guys tend to be more minus then plus especially if team is struggling, now he is up to the 2nd line impressive results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad