Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
THIS^

We got Maroon for the tough stuff....or so I was told.
He needs to be put in the best situation for it.... and Bruins will need to accept the consequences and the PK following. Remember Lucic and Thornton. Bruins were accepting and backing up ....

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
sucks but not surprised.
yesterdays game was huge.
i think we are done in 5.
but win tomorrow and you never know.
i would start ullmark tomorrow tho and hooe he catches fire
also wotherspoon should go in for forbort.
the pk sucked yesterday
Forbort has been on the ice for two Florida PP goals against, both in the last game, and one the Rodriquez blast with a minute left after they already got an empty netter

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
THIS^

We got Maroon for the tough stuff....or so I was told.

I’m convinced it’s coming down from the organization. Every “tough guy” or resemblance of a tough guy is instantly neutered once they become a Bruin.

Maroon, Frederic and Peeke have been extremely soft. Last year Hathaway who isn’t the biggest fighter, looked as tough as Danton heinen out there. Forbort used to at least stand up for guys even if he was getting caved in.

Now we are lucky to get a face wash out of any of these guys.

It’s actually embarrassing watching this team have Marchand and pastrnak lead the way in terms of toughness.

Last edited:

False Start

May 8, 2018
My daily Derek forbort sucks post

IMG_3146.png

I know he’s so good on the penalty kill (sarcasm) but when it’s even strength and a guy is routinely caved in from a scoring chance perspective it’s actually quite difficult to actually generate shots and score goals the other way.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
We've got nothing to lose now.

Run their players. I want fists. I want elbows. I want elbows. I want you in their faces. The NHL isn't calling anything for us anyways so take the penalty or punishment. Dish it out.

Our captain was injured by a dirty play that they've BEEN doing. So do the same. I'm over this passive bullshit. Our 4th line needs to take one for the team here.
You might be on to something, if we are going to lose this series and as pissed as I am, I hope not, but screw go after them and let them be banged up for the Rangers, I can't believe I will actually be rooting for a New York team OUCH!!!

Honestly I dont think the Bruins stand a chance of winning this series . Im ok they got this far. Thats me.

But I do want them to kick the shit outta any Cat they can. If youre gonna go out, go out with them paying a price.

View attachment 869004
Good post, I have developed a real hate for this team.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I remember the Blues series in 2019 like it was yesterday. Seems like they were pounding us. Every chance they got. Their lower tier players were quick with the dirty hits to the point of being suspended and always seemed to injure our players. Look how that ended up for them. Toughness still plays a very large part in this league, especially in the playoffs.
Good point 2019, and Sweeney has not addressed that problem, but we got "PTO" Heinen ready to step in. For you Heinen groupies that is more of a shot at Sweeney than Heinen

Reactions: Zillah

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
My daily Derek forbort sucks post

View attachment 869282

I know he’s so good on the penalty kill (sarcasm) but when it’s even strength and a guy is routinely caved in from a scoring chance perspective it’s actually quite difficult to actually generate shots and score goals the other way.

It’s the nature of his deployments. He gets 87% defense zone starts. Obviously he’s going to have vast majority of scoring chances against when his role is purely defense and when they do get it out of the defensive zone, his pairing switches out.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Good points here. I can’t say I’m happy with where we’re at. I want more grit. And I have always hated throwing away first round picks. But aren’t Pasta Macavoy and Swayman star players? Isn’t it hard not to feel good about Lohrei, Poitras and Brorissoit? Personally, I’d like to see a real push to acquire a true #1 centre, but otherwise I think we have a fairly optimistic future to look forward to.
I think we have an optimistic future to be the kind of team we are and stay in the playoff hunt but getting to the top will be difficult unless we start keeping and hitting on some high picks.

I think Dallas has a true shot at the cup. Not saying they will win it, but they could. They have a lot of similarities to us. A star goalie that can turn a game. A veteran core of leadership, and they play a tight checking shutdown style of D first hockey. The difference is they have some young goal scorers added to that mix, and we have Fabien Lysell.

Reactions: khanomcat

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Good point 2019, and Sweeney has not addressed that problem, but we got "PTO" Heinen ready to step in. For you Heinen groupies that is more of a shot at Sweeney than Heinen

Heinen may of been the best value UFA signing of any player this past off-season. League-wide.

Grabbing a guy who played up and down the line-up, produce half-a-ppg, for a mere 775k? There are 31 others GMs who wish they were as fortunate.

Reactions: Bradely

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
U hope, but AM isn't the most competitive player on the Leafs, while #63 is on Bruins.
No, but he is the most talented and skilled. With players like that, sometimes their teammates rely on them a little too much to make things happen, because generally they do make things happen. But when that player is absent, they know they need to step up and play better.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I don't agree that the series is over, so the B's players should just go for revenge. That's actually the weaker response. I want justice as much as the next fan, but if the B's lose focus on the game trying to exact an eye for an eye, they will definitely end up taking more penalties and go on to lose game 4, and then it's virtually over. Self-fulfilling prophesy.

There should be no lack of motivation to win this game, and while doing so, take every opportunity to run their players through the boards. Maybe if the score becomes lopsided, one way or the other, then there's no reason not to make someone like Bennett pay.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
When garbage like Montour is beating you Maroon needs to grab him and remind him he sucks
Garbage like Montour has outplayed #73 2 PO in a row.

There are Canadian posters that think Montour should get Canadian Olympic Team
consideration.

Garbage?...lol.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Garbage like Montour has outplayed #73 2 PO in a row.

There are Canadian posters that think Montour should get Canadian Olympic Team
consideration.

Garbage?...lol.
Who gives a F what Canadian posters think. I hope the idiots put him on the team so the US can mop the ice with them.

Like I said go root for Florida you love your boy so much. Olympic team lolololol

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Who gives a F what Canadian posters think. I hope the idiots put him on the team so the US can mop the ice with them.

Like I said go root for Florida you love your boy so much. Olympic team lolololol
Pay attention to the other team and you might learn something.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Pay attention to the other team and you might learn something.
Take off your Montour PJ's off they must be dirty by now, how did your boy look in game one of the series? -2 dog shit game. Hopefully he goes back to playing great like that for rest of the series. That's reality

Bruins don't have much of a chance but its certainly not because of that stiff

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Heinen may of been the best value UFA signing of any player this past off-season. League-wide.

Grabbing a guy who played up and down the line-up, produce half-a-ppg, for a mere 775k? There are 31 others GMs who wish they were as fortunate.
I am not looking for deals or just regular season players, Bruins need playoff type players and Heinen is not one of them.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Take off your Montour PJ's off they must be dirty by now, how did your boy look in game one of the series? -2 dog shit game. Hopefully he goes back to playing great like that for rest of the series. That's reality

3G 5A 8 Pts in 8 games.

McAvoy 4A in 10GP.

Put down the pipe.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Just saw the best view of the hit on Marchy and there is absolutely no doubt that Bennett punched him on the side of his head. But the league won’t do shit about it as we all know.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I swear every day we inch closer to being the Montreal canadiens fan base complaining the league should do something because our players are too soft to police themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad