Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread, Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
They got Perrott to replace Ladd, which has been beneficial at both ends, but who else would you have added? Strangely, the team itself has said they're not doing their own jobs, so it looks like it's more "the systems work and we're just not doing what we need to" instead of "yeah, we need help."
They did half of it.
A guy that clears out the opposition infront of net be nice.
Goalie can make more saves if they actually see the puck.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
You do know it takes 2 to make a trade
dont you?
How do know they didn't try but found the price to pay was too high, ie mortgaging the future.
Unless you were in on the calls you dont know.

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
They did half of it.
A guy that clears out the opposition infront of net be nice.
Goalie can make more saves if they actually see the puck.

Perrott is as "crease clearer" as you'll get. The only other guy I would have really wanted as Xhekaj, but he went home to Hamilton. Who else would you have targeted?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
You do know it takes 2 to make a trade
dont you?
How do know they didn't try but found the price to pay was too high, ie mortgaging the future.
Unless you were in on the calls you dont know.
My my my how attitudes change. So critical when other teams don't go for it but when it comes to the Spits. Whoops no surprise.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Regarding the McDonald trade, how can anyone have an issue with that trade when the team is the highest scoring in the entire CHL?

Don't like when they do the 11 forwards because they usually have Johnston centering the 4th line. That's fine in theory but it's too much ice time and fatigue becomes a factor. It will be difficult to win today and tomorrow on the road, I'd be content with one win.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Regarding the McDonald trade, how can anyone have an issue with that trade when the team is the highest scoring in the entire CHL?

Don't like when they do the 11 forwards because they usually have Johnston centering the 4th line. That's fine in theory but it's too much ice time and fatigue becomes a factor. It will be difficult to win today and tomorrow on the road, I'd be content with one win.
Especially when Johnston on penalty kill, pp and his normal many shifts.
Plays a lot

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Having a questionable +/- doesn't mean you're not a crease-clearer :laugh:

That said, we could go back-and-forth all day, but the club's in first place with back-to-back in SSM heading into the last weekend in March. How many predicted that? I'm guessing not many. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of this success.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
People can downplay +- but when you're a -9 and the only guys worse are Ribau and Peer you're not a crease clearer.
Perrott is a -3 when Medina has been goal and a -6 when Onuska has been the goalie.
Regarding Medina,he has played 12 games since Perrott arrived.
In the 1st ten games Medina was in goal Perrott was a 0 re plus minus.
Then in Medina's 11th game the 7-1 loss at Guelph Perrott finished -3
The last game where Onuska got pulled Perrott was a -4 on the night in the 1st 31 minutes, when Medina came in and allowed no goals Perrott of course not ice for any goals for or against.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The first one was a defensive breakdown. Second one looked screened.

Worth noting - SSM TV says the Hounds had three days off this week to heal/rest up before resuming practice on Wed. No games since Sat. Even THEY said this is a well-rested team.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad