Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread, Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
The first one was a defensive breakdown. Second one looked screened.

Worth noting - SSM TV says the Hounds had three days off this week to heal/rest up before resuming practice on Wed. No games since Sat. Even THEY said this is a well-rested team.
Medina just beat on 2nd shot.

• Haha
Reactions: oldPeng and OHLTG

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I want to mention that this may be the best announce crew all season. Can we get these guys to do the Windsor games in Flint and London as well 😂

I’m not blaming Medina for either of the first two. However on Cuylle’s goal, Tynan looked lost.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I want to mention that this may be the best announce crew all season. Can we get these guys to do the Windsor games in Flint and London as well 😂

I’m not blaming Medina for either of the first two. However on Cuylle’s goal, Tynan looked lost.
Announcers r very good.

Reactions: oldPeng

spits

Jul 24, 2013
That's some terrible defense by Perrot and brutal goaltending by Medina on that 3rd goal lmao. I think it's time to start limiting Perrot's ice time, the dude is a liability on the ice, he literally let Kerins skate by him.

Reactions: oldPeng

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Johnston cross-checked after the whistle and somehow Cuylle gets 4 min for roughing? Terrible reffing.

What an outstanding display of forechecking by Johnston on the empty-netter, up to 110 points now.

Flint loses to Saginaw (lmao). Spits lead now up to 5 points on Flint, 4 on London, and 7 on the SOO.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
One of the better team defensive games mostly based on the forwards defending as a group. Holding them to like 18 shots. Medina gets the win although the 2nd and definitely the 3rd goal sketchy to say the least. Perrott needs to turn his chirp into better play. Luckily the Hounds looked rusty and not crisp in their passing, spits tied up their lanes and kept them mostly to perimeter shots. Definitely not complaining though, a big road win. 60 million dollar question who is starting tomorrow and will the team play the same defensive game.

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015
Definitely not the run and gun game people were expecting tonight. Solid road game I thought as they really shut the Soo down from getting anything started. Nice 3rd period to pull away and get the win despite the incredibly poor goaltending by Medina who was a lousy .833 save percentage. Just kidding HL, just showing how you can't go by stats alone. Thought Medina had a decent game, poor goal on the 3rd but then did what he needed to rest of the way. Sure that win feels good for him. Penalty calls were a bit weird tonight I thought but for both. Tomorrow should be a doozy.

Oct 3, 2019
Johnston cross-checked after the whistle and somehow Cuylle gets 4 min for roughing? Terrible reffing.

What an outstanding display of forechecking by Johnston on the empty-netter, up to 110 points now.

Flint loses to Saginaw (lmao). Spits lead now up to 5 points on Flint, 4 on London, and 7 on the SOO.
In my opinion Cuylle turned soft. He should of dropped the gloves and did what the Rangers drafted him for. If he thinks that he will play for the Rangers as a skilled guy, boy he’s wrong

Oct 3, 2019
In my opinion Cuylle turned soft. He should of dropped the gloves and did what the Rangers drafted him for. If he thinks that he will play for the Rangers as a skilled guy, boy he’s wrong
Or better yet, how about Johnston grow a set and defend himself.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Definitely not the run and gun game people were expecting tonight. Solid road game I thought as they really shut the Soo down from getting anything started. Nice 3rd period to pull away and get the win despite the incredibly poor goaltending by Medina who was a lousy .833 save percentage. Just kidding HL, just showing how you can't go by stats alone. Thought Medina had a decent game, poor goal on the 3rd but then did what he needed to rest of the way. Sure that win feels good for him. Penalty calls were a bit weird tonight I thought but for both. Tomorrow should be a doozy.
You can go by stats but not for 1 game sample,3rd goal terrible play by Perrott to allow opponent to shoot,grant it a bad goal,but what I have been saying all along is Onuska allowing more then 3 per game and he did it 6 of the last 7 starts,Medina doesn't do that and his goals against average last 2 appearances is 1.50 and save percentage of .917.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland