Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oct 3, 2019
Wow.
Thinking 2 max.
Was he repeat offender?
Selfish play on his behalf.

clean hit. Watch it closely! The other kid had his head down and zito just went through the kid. The league has no choice but to give him 5 games.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The league isn't exactly the best for "is this hit good or not?", regardless of suspension length.

That said, it'll be good to see Miedema on a line with Johnston and Maggio tonight.

Reactions: stips

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Only lineup change dman Bronson Ride in
Zito- out
Spits going with 11F,7D,2G
Mathias Onuska not surprisingly gets the start in goal.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I'm hoping D'amico is moved back down the lineup with his team worst plus/minus. Not fair for Johnston who has been a stud all season be punished with someone who can't keep up. Team owes him a chance to win the scoring title. You don't see McDavid carrying a true 3rd/4th liner all game.

Reactions: stips and windsor7

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Only those who have experienced Covid will realize what I am saying and it matters if a team has been affected, just because cancellations occurred doesn't mean 100% good to go.

I don't think you can make that claim for everyone who has had it. I know a good # that have had and a few didnt even know, some with minor symptoms n no effect physically, some it was tough.
Add in the demographic.......
But ya no doubt some may have not been at 100% but no different than cleared to play after another illness or injury that may be lingering

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferda11

Oct 3, 2019
I'm hoping D'amico is moved back down the lineup with his team worst plus/minus. Not fair for Johnston who has been a stud all season be punished with someone who can't keep up. Team owes him a chance to win the scoring title. You don't see McDavid carrying a true 3rd/4th liner all game.

hey when you’re a stud, you’re a stud. You make everyone else around you better. Should the coaching staff put him with other players to fluff his stats? It’s about winning games.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Damn did someone blow up lol?!?! Sarnia game, Spits forwards didn’t show up for most of this game, going to have trouble in playoffs if a tight checking team smothers you like that! D not great as usual. Onuska ok once he settled.
Tonight’s game. Great hockey first 2. Not so much on third. Onuska will want that one back and they have frankly laid down here so far in third! PP BRUTAL tonight!!
Zito suspension is a joke end of story.

cmon guys 60 min please!!!

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Got closer at the end. Onuska fairly strong game Johnston the beast tonight. Good road win. Game not as close as the score indicated thanks to Bennett. A couple players on the Spits looked lost and uninspired but I'll let you point them out.

Reactions: Teflon

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
3-2 Windsor final. Not a great goal (first) for Onuska but he played well overall. Take the weekend sweep and move onto the next.

Agreed,take the weekend sweep,better team by 2 out of 3 periods, power play struggled for the 1st time in a awhile, no concerns,solid game from Onuska, proving to be a solid addition at the deadline, low cost,good reward.
Wyatt Johnston excellent game after 2 games that were so-. so.
Guelph certainly did not impress me tonight for a team rested and waiting.
Only a strong performance from their goalie 1st 2 periods saved a bad beating.
Spits now 2-0 vs Guelph this year and both games won by backups.
Guelph has only scored 2-5 on 5 goals vs Windsor this year in 2 games.
Liked the game tonight from Abraham, Miedema, Maillet, Christopoulis and Currie, Perrott and Ribau at times struggled again tonight.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor with the 2 points. Get ready for next week.
They won a tight dull game.
Johnston played well.
Forwards came back on defence.
Damico no idea what he was doing.
Henault usual hockey. Wont change. Coaching staff turns blind eye.
Pp stunk up the place.
Guelph missed a lot of shots on net. Either Windsor lucky or thankful.
Windsor was better team tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad