Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
U think that it have to be more than just Abraham n picks. Have to be another player too. Maybe maggio involved.

member 71782

For McTavish

(04) Abraham
(03) Jodoin
(03) Peer
OTT 2ND 23
KIT 2ND 24
KGN 3RD 23
KIT 3RD 23
WSR 4TH 25 conditional on the full regular season being played
WSR 6TH 25 conditional on the full playoffs being played

A second deal in the offseason

TO WSR
(04) Konnor Smith

TO PTB
WSR 6TH 24
WSR 8TH 24

PTB looks to be building mainly around their 03s and 04s. They get 1st rnd 04 Abraham who will contribute right away plus 2 depth 03s in Jodoin and Peer.

In the offseason WSR gets in a second deal 9TH rnd pick Konnor Smith. An 04 WSR kid who is a 6'05" 205 shutdown D.

With a McTavish deal and losing Abraham plus depth up front while I still think WSR needs another D who can play a shutdown role I go to NIA for Gushcin and deal a 2nd, 2x 3rds and a conditional 4th based on the league playing a full playoff schedule.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Who do you think starts in goal today? If Medina then his health is not an issue. If it is Onuska then is it a health issue for Medina or is it just a chance to give Onuska a start and get him involved with the team?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Who do you think starts in goal today? If Medina then his health is not an issue. If it is Onuska then is it a health issue for Medina or is it just a chance to give Onuska a start and get him involved with the team?

I would go with Onuska this afternoon vs the Hounds.
Get him involved with the team.
Back to Medina vs Guelph Thursday
regardless what happens today.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
If Windsor goes with Medina I am fine with that,just think I want to bring Onuska in right away

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I'd start Medina today.
As I mentioned last night, Medina's save at 4:48 (2nd period) was phenomenal, but I think it would be insulting to the Spits who dominated every facet of the game to even imply that Medina was the difference. In fact, it would be a backhanded compliment. The Spits out-chanced, controlled most of the play, forced turnovers, dominated the Hounds physically, and in the words of their own broadcaster, it was "a shooting gallery".

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I'd start Medina today.
As I mentioned last night, Medina's save at 4:48 (2nd period) was phenomenal, but I think it would be insulting to the Spits who dominated every facet of the game to even imply that Medina was the difference. In fact, it would be a backhanded compliment. The Spits out-chanced, controlled most of the play, forced turnovers, dominated the Hounds physically, and in the words of their own broadcaster, it was "a shooting gallery".
Be careful Nelli, your coming over to the "Dark side"! ;)

Reactions: member 71782

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
What was sent back for Mctavish?
Faub to many pieces would have gone for your deal imho. I like the idea tho. Big fish. Don’t think there’s any chance he plays O hockey next year tho. Kids a beast.

member 71782

What was sent back for Mctavish?
Faub to many pieces would have gone for your deal imho. I like the idea tho. Big fish. Don’t think there’s any chance he plays O hockey next year tho. Kids a beast.

Still waiting on the picks but looks like

05 1st rnd Pharand
04 2nd rnd Melee
2x2nds
3x3rds

Picks aren't confirmed yet.

Reactions: three dog night

member 71782

I was told the deadline wasn't going to be busy due to covid..... :laugh:

Everyone that didn't get McTavish will be looking to out do what Hamilton just did between the moves they've already made, if they've made any and who made be left of the big names.

McTavish set the high bar and took one buyer off the market except for maybe a goaltender. Now the race is really on.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
McTavish isn’t worth the price, unless the team gets gets traded to is in our conference.

I look at the OHL Championship this season more like the Mem Cup in the sense that youre going to be playing a team you’ve never seen.

there are players worth acquiring, and at this point I wouldn’t be willing to pay their cost… unless the other team that would acquire him would be a direct threat to our chances of making the OHL Finals.

I’m content with either goalie. Medina looked good last night, but a 22 hour round trip bus ride without getting on the ice doesn’t put confidence in a new acquisition.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
It sounds as if the Spits were trying for McTavish but now he that has gone elsewhere the Spits have to realize they won't have the horses to compete. Question is do they let things play out or do they switch direction and deal their top player(s) to build for next year. With only two cards remaining their possible returns would need to be mostly draft picks. I'd still deal Cuylle for the boatload of picks he would garner but odds are the best you might expect them to do is a waiver pick up.

member 71782

Just saw that O'Flaherty received a 2 game suspension from last night's game. Eligible to return January 14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad