Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Here’s a curve ball I wasn’t exiting hear!! Source tells me Bowler and Savard are at odds and not getting along much. Not willing to share specifics but I completely trust the info! Might answer some questions.
Good win, easily could have had a couple more. Still love to see a complete game from this team, might make them scary to play!! Still have concerns but the wins keep them at a simmer lol.​

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Here’s a curve ball I wasn’t exiting hear!! Source tells me Bowler and Savard are at odds and not getting along much. Not willing to share specifics but I completely trust the info! Might answer some questions.
Good win, easily could have had a couple more. Still love to see a complete game from this team, might make them scary to play!! Still have concerns but the wins keep them at a simmer lol.​

Savard can stay Bowler can go. I can't see Savard winning that battle though. Agreed on your thoughts.

Reactions: member 71782

stips

Apr 3, 2016
Against all the negative on this site.......Maggio has really improved this season!
(Henault is improving as well!)
Possibly Savard is starting to break down the "Old Boys Club", and is teaching hard work really pays off.

Reactions: ohloutsider

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
Against all the negative on this site.......Maggio has really improved this season!
(Henault is improving as well!)
Possibly Savard is starting to break down the "Old Boys Club", and is teaching hard work really pays off.
Have to say, Maggio has really impressed me as well. Those 2 seconds for him are starting to look like a steal to me.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I've read through the thread a bit and watched a couple games this year, but what do you guys think of Zitos play this season?

stips

Apr 3, 2016
Zito has played just fine this year. He works hard to get into scoring positions. He also is dependable on the back check, and a good skater. He also is tough.

The one negative is taking careless suspensions.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I like Zito's game. He's not going to win any scoring titles but he puts up some points, hits, defends teammates, and is a leader. They said he was a Spitfires' kind of player when they drafted him and it's hard to argue that.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Really like Zito. Maggs has definitely improved a bunch! Henault is an ok offensive D man but he’s a D man and makes far to many defensive errors, refuses to clear his net… he would have been the guy I moved to forward when we were short. Frankly he’s a defensive liability.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Really like Zito. Maggs has definitely improved a bunch! Henault is an ok offensive D man but he’s a D man and makes far to many defensive errors, refuses to clear his net… he would have been the guy I moved to forward when we were short. Frankly he’s a defensive liability.

Agree with pretty much all of what you wrote,would have entertained idea of putting Henault upfront when short upfront.

Reactions: Cherrydon

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
OHL player of the month - 2 months in a row - Wyatt Johnston! Congrats!

I remember discussion on here ( including myself) that though the Spits were taking a reach picking him 6th overall. Guess we were all wrong.

Warren Rychel's last 1st rd picks has turned out to be one of his best.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
My hope is that they keep Cuylle/Johnston together the rest of the way and let the magic happen. Next season, Johnston/Maggio/?? and do the same thing.

I would agree,and looking ahead to next year,great line would be Johnston, Maggio and Zito.

Reactions: OHLTG

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Does anyone think Maggio might get a look for the draft this summer. I know it's his D+1 but that kid has speed to burn and he's putting up the points too

Reactions: stips
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad