Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
At 19 years old. Big difference from a 17 year old rookie to a 19yr old. Got another one?

Yes he hadn't played a game in 2 years before this year.
Tovell didn't even dress for an exhibition game this year
1st career start always a big deal regardless of age.
If u didn't play the game you wouldn't know.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
1st start is big. Lot easier on a 19 yr old then 17yr old tho. Grover also missed time. Just face it. Windsor caught a break last night. Maybe Tovell need to feel like he did his first game in every game since it was by far his best game.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
1st start is big. Lot easier on a 19 yr old then 17yr old tho. Grover also missed time. Just face it. Windsor caught a break last night. Maybe Tovell need to feel like he did his first game in every game since it was by far his best game.

Tell that to 10 or 12 players for Windsor last night that were sucking wind by the end of the night they caught a break that Sarnia starter was a rookie.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
If Sarnia had their goaltenders, they may have won. If Windsor had a full, healthy roster, they may have won by more. When it all came out in the wash, Windsor wins 4-2. Does debating the little intricate details really matter at this point?

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
If Sarnia had their goaltenders, they may have won. If Windsor had a full, healthy roster, they may have won by more. When it all came out in the wash, Windsor wins 4-2. Does debating the little intricate details really matter at this point?
Windsor pretty much did have full roster minus medina. Sarnia losing both goalies much bigger then windsor not having medina.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
HL

Like someone said earlier. These are kids missing a few days of practice shouldn’t get you winded. If that’s the case they aren’t in very good shape to start with.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Windsor pretty much did have full roster minus medina. Sarnia losing both goalies much bigger then windsor not having medina.

Having everyone dressed and having a full roster are two different things, especially with COVID around. Like I said, both teams had issues and, if either one was at full, healthy capacity, the score could have been much different (in either direction). As it stands, Windsor took a 4-2 win. The back-and-forth minor stuff feels rather moot.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Always something.
Windsor got a break.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Agreed Windsor was a healthy team. Do you really think with that many players in protocols the doc wouldn't allow them to play if they didn't clear protocol?? They were good to go and played.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
HL

Like someone said earlier. These are kids missing a few days of practice shouldn’t get you winded. If that’s the case they aren’t in very good shape to start with.

Not if some had covid symptoms I know I am living it,even if not severe.
Maybe you should go to Spits website and listen to Savard presser.
If Windsor wasn't dealing with Covid I get the rookie thing, Covid changes the complexion no doubt.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Agreed Windsor was a healthy team. Do you really think with that many players in protocols the doc wouldn't allow them to play if they didn't clear protocol?? They were good to go and played.

Razor that's a stretch even for you
Just because one clears protocol doesn't mean an effect could be had.
Didn't realize you would be heartless to make a point

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Razor that's a stretch even for you
Just because one clears protocol doesn't mean an effect could be had.
Didn't realize you would be heartless to make a point

I never talked about the effect it matters if the doc cleared them. You can't say the team wasn't healthy if all the guys were playing is my point. This isn't being heartless at all it's more about the protocols involved for players to clear. If covid hit them harder obviously they wouldn't be playing. My point is either covid matters or it doesn't you can't pick and choose when you want to bring it up.

Reactions: windsor7

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I never talked about the effect it matters if the doc cleared them. You can't say the team wasn't healthy if all the guys were playing is my point. This isn't being heartless at all it's more about the protocols involved for players to clear. If covid hit them harder obviously they wouldn't be playing. My point is either covid matters or it doesn't you can't pick and choose when you want to bring it up.

Only those who have experienced Covid will realize what I am saying and it matters if a team has been affected, just because cancellations occurred doesn't mean 100% good to go.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Imagine being bothered that they broke up the top line and scored 4 goals (ignoring EN). Johnston might have been the one most bothered by it or should be because he had to try to carry D'Amico. Like I said they aren't going to be able to just roll their top line out in the playoffs expecting them to just dominate. People forget you're seeing the same opposition every game for a of best of 7 (or most likely a best of 5 in round 1).
No doubt that was designed to get D'amico going other than his shootout success

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Not if some had covid symptoms I know I am living it,even if not severe.
Maybe you should go to Spits website and listen to Savard presser.
If Windsor wasn't dealing with Covid I get the rookie thing, Covid changes the complexion no doubt.
I don’t really listen to what coaches have to say. They don’t really say anything that people don’t already know. I just doubt half the players that had it really felt any affects from it.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
If they arnt go to go.
Dont dress them.

You will think what you want,showing little to no empathy to those affected ,why change now
Thankfully most don't think rigid black and white, I allow for Grey,always have, always will,I am not surprised there were several players that struggled through,they get my admiration and understanding.
Humanity is ok in sports

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
You will think what you want,showing little to no empathy to those affected ,why change now
Thankfully most don't think rigid black and white, I allow for Grey,always have, always will,I am not surprised there were several players that struggled through,they get my admiration and understanding.
Humanity is ok in sports

Now we arnt both surprised.
Great we have that solved.
Some things r simple.
Dont have to move goal posts for them.

Oct 3, 2019
Losing Zito for five games hurts, but it's a chance for others to step up.
Zito, Cuylle and Perrot are going to be the players that you will need to depend in playoffs. There’s no players that could replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad