Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I agree. But you’ve seen the team. Its a good sample size.
Unfortunately the pandemic WAS our year. Afanasyev, Angle and Douglas likley returning, maybe even Corcoran. Foudy and Cuylle fresh off their drafts and modivated as ever.

Never know.
Still had the coaching staff...

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

EnjoytheO

Keeping up
Aug 11, 2017
GTA
IMO, if you’re going with the roster as is, you need to create change in the defensive system. It seems the offence is working well when they stay simple and stop trying fancy stuff. I believe the D could do the same. Playing solid D is not some great mystery, just need to have them all buy into it. This is a coaching issue. Solid D and solid goaltending will get you a chance win every night. Otherwise go out and get some new blood.

Travis Bickle 77

Feb 11, 2020
IMO, if you’re going with the roster as is, you need to create change in the defensive system. It seems the offence is working well when they stay simple and stop trying fancy stuff. I believe the D could do the same. Playing solid D is not some great mystery, just need to have them all buy into it. This is a coaching issue. Solid D and solid goaltending will get you a chance win every night. Otherwise go out and get some new blood.

Literally almost word for word what I was just about to post!! Great minds think alike!

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
The coaching staff allows the untimely pinching and poor zone coverage in front of their net. They should have made a statement before the recent injuries and they had 8 D dressed most games. Riding the pine can change attitudes and performance regardless of entitlement. Move on quick from those who cannot adjust. The youngsters do not need to learn bad habits that seem to be tolerated by the coaching staff to date.

Reactions: windsor7

stips

Apr 3, 2016
Stop the puck and the team starts winning! It sounds simple, make a move (Goalie) to give the team the confidence to be successful. Winning makes the fans turn up and feel good about the team.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Two major changes are needed - upgrade in goal and upgrade on defence. If Medina's out another couple of weeks (at least), he might get a game or two in before the break. Can the team afford that? Rychel used to pull off that big deal that was a goaltender + defenceman + forward for several pieces. You can attempt that now, with emphasis on whatever position you need. Bowler's not nearly the same type of GM, but he's more than capable of looking at that.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Two major changes are needed - upgrade in goal and upgrade on defence. If Medina's out another couple of weeks (at least), he might get a game or two in before the break. Can the team afford that? Rychel used to pull off that big deal that was a goaltender + defenceman + forward for several pieces. You can attempt that now, with emphasis on whatever position you need. Bowler's not nearly the same type of GM, but he's more than capable of looking at that.

How do u know bowler can if all he has done is what he has done best. Sit on his hands.
Spits need help. Will bowler do anything? Bowler??

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
How do u know bowler can if all he has done is what he has done best. Sit on his hands.
Spits need help. Will bowler do anything? Bowler??

I'm assuming you know for a fact that he sits on his hands and does nothing all day... or is that just a guess since he hasn't made a dozen trades this season like Rychel would have?

Rychel makes moves - "he paid too much! What are you doing??"

Bowler makes no moves - "DO SOMETHING!!"

Reactions: hockeylegend11

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I'm assuming you know for a fact that he sits on his hands and does nothing all day... or is that just a guess since he hasn't made a dozen trades this season like Rychel would have?

Rychel makes moves - "he paid too much! What are you doing??"

Bowler makes no moves - "DO SOMETHING!!"

I can ask u the same question.
Do u know he has done anything?
Team hasnt improved

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Sloppy period both sides at times. Too many lazy penalties. Missed call on that delay of game. Tovell probably wants that one back. Five hole square to the shooter.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Need to get an OHL caliber goalie ASAP, my goodness. Like I said random wrist shots from the top of the circle going on no problem. The defense sucks but many times goalies help compensate for poor defense in this league.

Spits 113

Dec 2, 2018
Another terrible 2nd. Where’s the D? Same story every game. Give up 4 with one called back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad