Windsor Spitfires 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Let's surmise for a little..... with people here calling for Letowski's head, and the events happening in Buffalo and Rochester, what are the thoughts of replacing him with Chris Taylor who was Rochester's head coach? Would he come? Other than the final year of Letowski's contract, what would it cost?

The Spitfires have some connection to the Sabres' organization so it's an option. Do I think the team will buy-out Letowski? I'm not sold on that.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Let's surmise for a little..... with people here calling for Letowski's head, and the events happening in Buffalo and Rochester, what are the thoughts of replacing him with Chris Taylor who was Rochester's head coach? Would he come? Other than the final year of Letowski's contract, what would it cost?

I don't see why Taylor would have interest in Windsor. Taylor would want over 6 figures, Spits would have to buyout the last year for Letowski as well. Not to mention Windsor doesn't have the greatest ownership situation right now. A coach would want long term and would want full backing from ownership and they don't seem that committed for the long term.

Reactions: windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
How would Weber's connections to Buffalo help with Chris Taylor?? They just broomed 22 employees, since Weber last played there about 3 to 4 coaches, couple GMs. Yeah not seeing it.

I'm not saying Taylor would, could, or wants to come here, but there is a connection there. At least as of recently.

Last edited:

the dog

May 16, 2014
Maybe the farmers that got them here should be responsible for them hear there are 8 thousand WORKERS

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
During peak season, anywhere from 8,000 - 10,000 on over 150 farms. There has to be a solution.

The solution was to be proactive 5 weeks ago. The damage has already been done it will cripple the small businesses here MPP's finally speak up after the there was a blazing inferno 2 weeks ago. Too little too late guys and we won't make this a political discussion but look at the colors of Windsor-Essex and this isn't hard to figure out.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'm not debating whether something should have been done weeks ago. That's clear; we should be well into stage two, if not nearly stage three, at this point. I was simply saying that, given our current state, the Provincial Gov't, the municipalities, and the WECHU need to find a solution.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I'm not debating whether something should have been done weeks ago. That's clear; we should be well into stage two, if not nearly stage three, at this point. I was simply saying that, given our current state, the Provincial Gov't, the municipalities, and the WECHU need to find a solution.

Patience.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
The solution was to be proactive 5 weeks ago. The damage has already been done it will cripple the small businesses here MPP's finally speak up after the there was a blazing inferno 2 weeks ago. Too little too late guys and we won't make this a political discussion but look at the colors of Windsor-Essex and this isn't hard to figure out.
What colors are Windsor now? Did we go back to the compuware orange and brown when i wasn't looking?

upload_2020-6-23_8-49-12.jpeg

Thanks for looking out for us captain.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Do you think GM will use Import picks on Dmen or 1 and 1?

Is there any chance that Luke Tuch may sign with Windsor?

I would assume Angle and Douglas will be back and Playfair will be out.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
While Tuch would make a great addition I seriously doubt he would want to come here. If he wants to play in the OHL, my guess it would be with a top contender. It would be great if we could end up with 2 Import D-men but I’m thinking that the Spits might end up passing on the 2nd pick and trading for an import who is already playing in the OHL. I think it would be the cheaper way to go.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
While Tuch would make a great addition I seriously doubt he would want to come here. If he wants to play in the OHL, my guess it would be with a top contender. It would be great if we could end up with 2 Import D-men but I’m thinking that the Spits might end up passing on the 2nd pick and trading for an import who is already playing in the OHL. I think it would be the cheaper way to go.

Cheap. Hmmm

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

I am guessing the family really values education his brother went to Boston College and Alex is committed to BU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad