Windsor Spitfires 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Glad there is now a mask requirement starting Fri, the sooner all the idiots get real, the sooner we can return to hockey with fans in the stands. Without fans the OHL will remain suspended indefinitely. It feels like a year already without hockey, anybody feel the same?

Reactions: OHLTG and OHL 17

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Glad there is now a mask requirement starting Fri, the sooner all the idiots get real, the sooner we can return to hockey with fans in the stands. Without fans the OHL will remain suspended indefinitely. It feels like a year already without hockey, anybody feel the same?

The sudden/unexpected halt didn't help anything, either. When you're in the post-season, or even if miss the playoffs, you know when the season COULD theoretically end. This was 9pm on a Wednesday when it all hit the fan, then the snowball effect, and 4pm Thurs "we're done..." Barely three hours before the game! Yes, there were precautions put in place a few days prior to that but a full halt... nope.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
The sudden/unexpected halt didn't help anything, either. When you're in the post-season, or even if miss the playoffs, you know when the season COULD theoretically end. This was 9pm on a Wednesday when it all hit the fan, then the snowball effect, and 4pm Thurs "we're done..." Barely three hours before the game! Yes, there were precautions put in place a few days prior to that but a full halt... nope.

Season done. Long forgotten for most....

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

I have been fine. Gotten more done around the house and outside over the past 8-9 weeks than I would have if other stuff was going on. Hockey is the last thing I think of. I want small businesses to open and get off the mat. I am watching to see if there's anything on the horizon that would set the economy back before hockey in the late fall.

Oldbarn Newhay

Mar 31, 2016
Idiots??

Compiled the stats from June 19 - 23 from WECHU website. Would like to have used a longer term but WECHU fails to provide numbers on some days. In this time period there have been 100 confirmed COVID cases. 87 are Agri related. Therefore, in 5 days Essex county has 13 COVID cases or 2.6 cases per day.

Are the idiots you mentioned the Agri owners because it is not the residents of Essex County.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Idiots??

Compiled the stats from June 19 - 23 from WECHU website. Would like to have used a longer term but WECHU fails to provide numbers on some days. In this time period there have been 100 confirmed COVID cases. 87 are Agri related. Therefore, in 5 days Essex county has 13 COVID cases or 2.6 cases per day.

Are the idiots you mentioned the Agri owners because it is not the residents of Essex County.

It was a loaded comment but lets remember this same health officer a couple months ago said masks weren't necessary as an all out precaution. Now we have our lowest community spread(non agri farms) numbers in weeks and weeks but now bring out the mask. That's like a 5 alarm fire going and the firefighters coming out 3 weeks later. Places will refuse people that wear a mask that's fine but if they're looking for the police they won't be writing up any tickets for obvious reasons.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The masks should have been around since nearly the start; get ahead of the curve as much as possible, even if you're not 100% certain that's how the virus spreads. I know some are against the idea but if me wearing a mask in a store for 10 min (which I've done a few times already in the last week) helps moves this thing along... let's do it.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Idiots??

Mainly the Agri owner's and the government/health unit. They say they can't force testing on the farm workers but they did with all long term care residents and health care workers. How does that make sense. Test every worker same day , isolate the infected and move on.

Reactions: Oldbarn Newhay

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
The benefit with a mask order in place is we will be able reopen sooner even if the farm outbreaks continue. As long as community spread stays low, we're good to go.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
When you're struggling financially, two days makes a big difference. Any revenue is good. I'm glad things are opening up; now, to keep the numbers down and get to stage three at some point.

Reactions: Cherrydon

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
When you're struggling financially, two days makes a big difference. Any revenue is good. I'm glad things are opening up; now, to keep the numbers down and get to stage three at some point.

I guess u personally r going to go out n spend spend spend your money now.
Me i dont see any rush to go out. Will continue to stay away.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I've been spending money locally since this thing started. That's how you help keep businesses afloat. If you prefer to stay away, that's your choice. No sweat.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
It was a loaded comment but lets remember this same health officer a couple months ago said masks weren't necessary as an all out precaution. Now we have our lowest community spread(non agri farms) numbers in weeks and weeks but now bring out the mask. That's like a 5 alarm fire going and the firefighters coming out 3 weeks later. Places will refuse people that wear a mask that's fine but if they're looking for the police they won't be writing up any tickets for obvious reasons.

For once I agree with you on something, Windsor going into phase 2 should be called modified phase 2 because Windsor is the only region of
the 34 in the province under medical health units that has mandated mask wearing,not a provincial order but local.
I feel Windsor is being kicked in the teeth for flattening the curve by our local health unit
Pretty bad Friday one can to go Tilbury,Chatham and go inside a Timmy's and get a coffee to go and not wear a mask. Unbelievable!

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Yes two days is better than being closed but that's barely a ripple in the ocean. Still relegated to patio service only. Some places unfortunately don't have a patio built in or will need streets to shutdown in order to have that in place. Eg. a place I frequent a fair bit has lost so much money and all they will be able to get is a 4 table patio out of I believe 95 max occ inside. This isn't even accounting for patios not being able to operate if they don't have an awning or being shielded from the rain. With no inside dining the patios will still close 10pm or so as I have seen elsewhere in the province. Yes it's an improvement but you will see far more places that open and eventually shutdown than open up and flourish. Stages for these type of businesses will help keep the lights on for a bit but for a lot it won't be a lot.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
For once I agree with you on something, Windsor going into phase 2 should be called modified phase 2 because Windsor is the only region of
the 34 in the province under medical health units that has mandated mask wearing,not a provincial order but local.
I feel Windsor is being kicked in the teeth for flattening the curve by our local health unit
Pretty bad Friday one can to go Tilbury,Chatham and go inside a Timmy's and get a coffee to go and not wear a mask. Unbelievable!
But if this region wears masks the odds are much better we don’t end up like the states and have their cases start going up a lot. Rest of ontario could see the same but our region just may stay down cause of masks.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
But if this region wears masks the odds are much better we don’t end up like the states and have their cases start going up a lot. Rest of ontario could see the same but our region just may stay down cause of masks.

Thats if its followed...

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
So, this is interesting... Windsor is marked as "PASS" for pick #100. Does Bowler have something in mind? Simply not making the pick? It raises some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad