Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
To me, "consultant" just means he's around to show Bowler a few things until an NHL team comes calling. Then, despite WR wanting to stick around, he'll take off. He doesn't want to but there's not much choice.

One thing that I'm surprised about (and hope there's a reason) - not much from Bowler today.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Lets just hope this circus is nearing a closure and back to decent hockey.

If TL is staying , lets stop the rigid systems and allow for a bit of player creativity to come through and the players own hockey IQ and judgement. Put a little thought process back in the game and less robotic boring hockey.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Not sure why everyone thinks Warren was pushed out. I think Warren had more say in this then people think.

its a debate among a few posters but its not really worth worrying about, doesnt matter long term anyways

Reactions: OHLTG

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Bowler taking over as GM = Worst kept secret in Essex County! As for WR he will land some where. Be it a scouting position with an NHL team, or GM of a AHL team...who know's. Looking forward to the upcoming season.....baseball is just not cutting it !!

Agreed. Bad secret. Unless your head was buried in the sand.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Soooo. The cats outta the bag! This is a move by the savages. It saves them money and frankly gets the other big pain in the ass ( savage isn’t a fan of either BB or WR). Just more proof they are setting up for a sale. Bowler is not ready for this imho but here we go lol. So the team now has some quite good talent on paper but a crap coaching staff and a very green GM.... where will it go is anyone’s guess. Don’t be surprised if the sale is at year end, to a group of nhl guys, and they already have been doing the scouting.... for some time. I’m told Rafkin is coming.

Would not surprise me if team was sold.
Sometimes best to cut your losses.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
When WR and BB put 1000% into the spits at the beginning there was no better ownership.After that initial success things went awry.Rychel held the team together the best he could after the sanctions and he needs a big thumbs up for that.Its too bad this last little while he seemed to be a patsy, with the little he had in shares he should have walked, I hope thats what he did this time.He played tough hockey in his playing days and I want to hope he went out flipping someone the bird.

Bowler is an ex spit and hockey guy.Cant say what will come.I still feel new ownership is coming down the road.The free market always has a way of righting everything and that is the paying customer.Will it be near sellouts or crickets??? Time will tell.

Possibly crickets for thix uo coming season im guessing.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Changes are good & a necessity to evolve. Don't necessarily think these recent changes will improve things much more than if things would have been kept status quo. More likely things will regress on the ice.

Hopefully the team is sold soon to the right group of connected people in the hockey world & the team can return to the stature that they had when BB & WR first took control of the Spits.

Being in liquidation, cost cutting mode to maximize a sales profit margin while trying to mislead a fan base isn't a recipe for much success, long or short term. It's still better however for those still following the team then had the dentist deal went through & being locked into that mess until the youngest boys 21st birthday at best.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Gee I’m sorry but anyone who knows WR knows this wasn’t his decision!!! Watch that video and tell me different!! This is another savage driven decision!!

Agreed.
Things went on that wont be discussed or made public.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
To me, "consultant" just means he's around to show Bowler a few things until an NHL team comes calling. Then, despite WR wanting to stick around, he'll take off. He doesn't want to but there's not much choice.

One thing that I'm surprised about (and hope there's a reason) - not much from Bowler today.

And u expect more?????

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It's not common for a person in a new position to not say something. I realize people may say "but, Bowler doesn't say much", that doesn't mean he should be staying silent now. Even a few words would be normal.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The kid is a scrappy d-man who can put up some points. He's more known for the grit and, for lack of a better word, truculence. Yes, I realize the Spits don't play that style much and, yes, I realize the OHL doesn't fight much, but he's the kind of player you need. He'll bring some offence, speed, good passing, and a willingness to smush you into the glass or the ice if you look at him the wrong way.

Reactions: Teflon

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
It's not common for a person in a new position to not say something. I realize people may say "but, Bowler doesn't say much", that doesn't mean he should be staying silent now. Even a few words would be normal.

don't expect him to say anything.
I don't get the impression he will be anything like Warren in the media.
Not sure what u are actually expecting.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
The kid is a scrappy d-man who can put up some points. He's more known for the grit and, for lack of a better word, truculence. Yes, I realize the Spits don't play that style much and, yes, I realize the OHL doesn't fight much, but he's the kind of player you need. He'll bring some offence, speed, good passing, and a willingness to smush you into the glass or the ice if you look at him the wrong way.

That is not what the coaching style.
Havent guys been given that description before and didn't pan out to be like this?

Reactions: aresknights

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
don't expect him to say anything.
I don't get the impression he will be anything like Warren in the media.
Not sure what u are actually expecting.

I've said what I was expecting. Regardless of how talkative a person is, having a new GM say nothing at all to the media is very, very rare. Almost unheard of. That's why I expect at least a small comment. (whether people like that or not)

Havent guys been given that description before and didn't pan out to be like this?

I remember Sean Allen was described similarly and he didn't... oh, wait, nevermind.

Patrick Sieloff was similar, too, and he didn't... ah, man, nevermind again...

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I've said what I was expecting. Regardless of how talkative a person is, having a new GM say nothing at all to the media is very, very rare. Almost unheard of. That's why I expect at least a small comment. (whether people like that or not)

Guess "you" are expecting a ton....

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Looks like Bowler did speak a bit, saying he's taking the same approach to this as he did as a player - not trying to be anyone else but Bill Bowler. We'll see how that goes.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
On Spits Facebook hes now a consultant...............give me a friggin break.

The lies and deceit continue it seems.Good luck STH ers!!!!
I was in the business world for 40 years. When someone leaves an organization and given a consultant title (especially an ex-part owner of top management), that means it is part of their contract. This is known as a Golden Parachute. The only consulting that I expect WR to do is picking up his monthly check and taking it to the bank.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Looks like Bowler did speak a bit, saying he's taking the same approach to this as he did as a player - not trying to be anyone else but Bill Bowler. We'll see how that goes.
Good luck to Bowler...........but he might just be an interim GM until the right owners are found.Im sure they will install theyre own team in mgmt.

Reactions: windsor7

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I was in the business world for 40 years. When someone leaves an organization and given a consultant title (especially an ex-part owner of top management), that means it is part of their contract. This is known as a Golden Parachute. The only consulting that I expect WR to do is picking up his monthly check and taking it to the bank.

That’s exactly it

Reactions: Sec108
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad