Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
At least we get the draft picks....Anyone care to wager a $$ or two that he'll get sent here. (I thought not)
Perhaps before the shenanigans but .....
oqZYl3Wj

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
It wouldn't be the first time a Muskegon player left for the OHL - Svechnikov with Barrie, though that was via the CHL Import Draft.
Correct me if I’m wrong but depending on who picks him and what they think of his development, he could end up playing in the OHL, AHL USHL, or elsewhere. Unless things firm up here soon my guess is the Spits are at the low end of the totem pole...

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
(sweet nachos that irony)

Silence is boring. Hence why I tried talking about Piiroinen and the U18s. I mean it IS a discussion board, right? (so I'm told, at least)

He didn't play against Belarus. Finland was dominated by them shots for Belarus 62 and shots for Finland 18.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Correct me if I’m wrong but depending on who picks him and what they think of his development, he could end up playing in the OHL, AHL USHL, or elsewhere. Unless things firm up here soon my guess is the Spits are at the low end of the totem pole...

He has multiple options, but that wasn't the point of the post.

He didn't play against Belarus. Finland was dominated by them shots for Belarus 62 and shots for Finland 18.

Given how Taponen has struggled a bit, wouldn't surprise me to see Piiroinen get a shot soon.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
If Kari is the beat goalie in age group then why hasn’t he started a game yet?? Did we wreck his confidence that bad?

That was just Warren pumping the tires of his guy.

“Those two guys are the goalies of the future,” Rychel said. “We can’t give up on Kari. It’s a learning experience and I know he struggled a little after Mikey left, but you can’t give up on the best goalie (in his age group) in Europe.”

One thing I won't miss about Warren is the pumping of players tires who don't have the resume.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
So looks like Saginaw could be in some trouble if Prosvetov gets suspended for his toss the puck in the air and batting it into the crowd tonight. Some players have gotten 5 games. This could be interesting.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
If it indeed went out of play, it's 5-games, which is really unfortunate. I get the frustration but you can't lose your cool to that extent; any suspension could cost the Spirit the series.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
That was just Warren pumping the tires of his guy.

“Those two guys are the goalies of the future,” Rychel said. “We can’t give up on Kari. It’s a learning experience and I know he struggled a little after Mikey left, but you can’t give up on the best goalie (in his age group) in Europe.”

One thing I won't miss about Warren is the pumping of players tires who don't have the resume.
rychel is getting boring too
I mean they won but all the spits did was gouge the fans
alot of hype with rychel cant seem to hire the right coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad