Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
If it indeed went out of play, it's 5-games, which is really unfortunate. I get the frustration but you can't lose your cool to that extent; any suspension could cost the Spirit the series.
A 5 game suspension in the playoffs is much different than 5 games in the playoffs. I could see one or two playoff games.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Playoff games generally have a different weight to them given the shortness of a series. If you're suspended two games in the reg season, no sweat. If it's two playoff games, that could mean the series. No, it's not "officially" a different weight, but it's a well-known "unwritten" thing (and, if you don't agree, go on Google or Twitter... this is a real thing). I really have no idea how the league will handle this.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Whats the difference
The regular season is 68 games and a 5 game suspension would be less than 8 percent of the season. The playoffs are a maximum of 28 games. A 5 game suspension would be at least 18%.

I remember Stolarz tomahawking Ho Sang in the back and only getting 7 games. Then Branch pardoned his last two games because it would have been in the Mem Cup.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
lol ahhhhh... getting on WR's case after two (2) U18 games. "Kari hasn't started so WR must haven been all wrong on him." I missed this...

Most of the time he wasn’t the best goalie on a very average Spit team let alone one of the best in Europe. I too won’t miss the WR bull..

even wr will tell you that he goes a bit over the top sometime with hype. this was one of those times along with many others. give the kid another year, well see but thus far im not sure the hype was warranted.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
WR is now that hockey guy thats over stayed his welcome, everyone has tuned him out and knows he's mostly full of sheet.

Heres' what we know .......

New ownership on horizon.

1st rd pick AWOL

couple wasted picks

TL staying at the moment

our high end guys, agents and parents not happy over situation

we have a lot of holes in lineup

we have 2 tenders, one with OHL exp the other not.

russian prospect ????

STH unsure of buying again or not

anyone have anything to add to list???...............

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, the playoffs are a different animal. I, too, think that suspensions should be the same whenever they occur whether it be the season or playoffs.

Reactions: windsor7

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Playoff games generally have a different weight to them given the shortness of a series. If you're suspended two games in the reg season, no sweat. If it's two playoff games, that could mean the series. No, it's not "officially" a different weight, but it's a well-known "unwritten" thing (and, if you don't agree, go on Google or Twitter... this is a real thing). I really have no idea how the league will handle this.
5 for Prosvetov. Big blow for saginaw

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Tough blow for Saginaw. Honestly may be better to lose a couple this series... wouldn’t look good for Saginaw to go into a series with (likely) Ottawa without their #1 goalie. Especially considering Ottawa hasn’t lost yet in the playoffs this year, 11-0

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Dating back as far as the OHL site will let me (2007 playoffs), No team has swept their way through the Semi-Finals and won their first 12 in the playoffs. Ottawa has that opportunity tomorrow.

Definitely pulling for Ottawa this year, and being a Michigander, I'm more likely to catch some finals games if it's Saginaw/Ottawa.

My predictions Saginaw in 7, Ottawa in 5. Anyone else want to weigh in and try and forget all the mumbo jumbo with the ownership for now?

Would love to see Mikey get an OHL title and another potential Mem Cup Run.

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
Dating back as far as the OHL site will let me (2007 playoffs), No team has swept their way through the Semi-Finals and won their first 12 in the playoffs. Ottawa has that opportunity tomorrow.

Definitely pulling for Ottawa this year, and being a Michigander, I'm more likely to catch some finals games if it's Saginaw/Ottawa.

My predictions Saginaw in 7, Ottawa in 5. Anyone else want to weigh in and try and forget all the mumbo jumbo with the ownership for now?

Would love to see Mikey get an OHL title and another potential Mem Cup Run.
1987–88 Windsor Spitfires
Defeated Kitchener Rangers 4 games to 0 in first round.
Earned bye through quarter-finals. 1st place in Emms division.
Defeated Hamilton Steelhawks 4 games to 0 in semi-finals.
Defeated Peterborough Petes 4 games to 0 in finals. OHL CHAMPIONS

Due to the limited number of teams back then, the two top teams advancing from the Division Quarterfinals were given a bye in the Quarterfinals.
Had there been enough teams to eliminate the bye that special group probably could have won 16 straight.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Slight rule changes 2 days ago in the NCAA recruiting restrictions. They can no longer speak to a player until Jan 1 of their grade 10 year and no verbal offers/commits until Aug 1 beginning of their grade 11 year. Prior to this there were no age limits. Will make the priority draft even dicier as you won't publicly know their intentions prior to being selected.

Reactions: aresknights

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Here's the new timeline for the NCAA

Attachments

• ncaa-rule-changes-to-slow-recruiting2.jpg
    ncaa-rule-changes-to-slow-recruiting2.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: TheGremlin

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Well it has been way too quiet for way too long. Usually by now you are hearing something about some potential signing or something. I would guess the lawyers have clamped down and all are in zipper lip mode.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Well it has been way too quiet for way too long. Usually by now you are hearing something about some potential signing or something. I would guess the lawyers have clamped down and all are in zipper lip mode.

u have to have actually something to report to not be quiet.
Nothing new has come out or is available to discuss at this time.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
We've got months to sign players, so little doubt there's a bit of a hold until off-ice stuff is sorted out. No biggie. It's still April, lots of time.

With that being said, and I realize this is a long shot, but are there any names coming out regarding the CHL Import Draft?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
We've got months to sign players, so little doubt there's a bit of a hold until off-ice stuff is sorted out. No biggie. It's still April, lots of time.

With that being said, and I realize this is a long shot, but are there any names coming out regarding the CHL Import Draft?

always lots of time for Windsor.
They are done by 1st week of April the last 8 years. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->