Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 71782

Once this season is complete Windsor will have one conference final in the last 10 seasons and one Memorial Cup, unless they get beyond the first round this year.

OSH - 5, Tomasino GWG/3 points total
WSR - 2

I'm usually wrong if I bet against WSR so maybe that helps.

I guard the door

Sep 16, 2019
Piiroinen may be gone next year true. The Spits can only hope he reports. If he stays home we get nothing in the way of trade value. If he shows it will probably be with the understanding that they trade him. Both he and Medina would look better in a different system.
As Cfaub points out there are a lot of factors at play on the team.
A solid group of new owners will go a long way in making this into an elite team. If it remains the way it is we are headed towards the bottom and not the top.
I would think that the Spits should make a decision on Piiroinen before the European draft. With both import spots taken, the Spits won't be able to participate... unless one of their imports is a first round pick... which.....

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Solid 2nd period, Windsor the better team 5 on 5 so far tonight, just not on the scoreboard
Tied at 1 at end of 2
Goal by Cuyelle for Windsor.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Great offence, no goaltending... great goaltending, no offence... same story. I missed most of the game, but Beller said they played well. Now they get some rest, which could/should help.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Great offence, no goaltending... great goaltending, no offence... same story. I missed most of the game, but Beller said they played well. Now they get some rest, which could/should help.

They get rest after every weekend, why is this any different?

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
The biggest issue might be not having much to play for. They aren't catching a 4th seed. Windsor can't even really dictate who they can play in the playoffs. Horrible week

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
They didn't have any after last weekend; right back at it the next day.

Oh boo hoo.
They had a ton of rest the 1st half of season.
Now they have to make up the games.
U werent saying anything when they played 2 games a week .
I guess only when its convenient?
They agreed to this schedule.
Man up.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
IMHO the Spits lost because of a hot goalie. That’s two games back to back where they should have won. Not often you get beat two nights in a row by goalies having career nights. Sooner or later we’ll win a game like tonight’s...it evens out. We have a stretch of home games coming up against poorer teams. If we win 2-3 in a row the last few games will just be a bad memory.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Hahaha... man, it's so easy to say this stuff when you're not involved.

Did i say something that wasn't true?
The lighter schedule?
They agreed to the schedule?
None of this talk was being used 1st half of season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad