Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Actually Punch,Saginaw played at home last night,Friday night they were at SSM, but your point is made 3 games in 2-1/2 days with travel is tough,not sure if Perfetti is allowed to play,as this would be 4 games in 3 /1/2 days, and league rules dont allow players to play 4 games straight.
I stand corrected. As you say. This one will be a challenge.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Game notes - a win is a win, they don't all have to be entertaining, take the 2 points and run.

Egor was a passenger last night, wondering if he is hit with a bug or something? Skating everything was off so hopefully he will be ready to go today.

McDonald - pretty goal made up for the penalty and Erie's PP goal while he was in the box. Named him first star which I found odd but picking different players must be good for the dressing room?

Erie - they were the better team, most of the night Spits were hanging on, Erie was the aggressor all night, Spits could not make a move with Erie's forecheck. Difference for me was goaltending. Medina made some huge stops to keep them in the game. Maybe he should have been a "star?

Stevenson - have to give him credit - he has been very steady for the Spits and he is playing against the tougher opponents lines. Players like him never get much credit but he has been a factor in the Spits play this year.

Credit to Erie's Golod for coming out on the ice for the second star. Players like this gain your respect when they come out for a star on a night they have lost on the road. League should make this mandatory or get rid of the 3 star format but it is nice to see players show respect to the out of town fan base.

Saginaw - Spits definitely have the edge on travel/rest for this game but if the Spits assume that they may be surprised. Need to come out hard and wear down Saggy quickly and not give them hope. Saggy is a good team so it will be close but hopefully Spits can get 2 point and not give up a "loser" point in the process.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Bombers birthday today. Age???
Good for the kids at the game to get.
Roughly 500 available. If u want one get early. Not much to go around however for kids.....money pinching.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
This team keeps putting up points in the standings at a clip only behind the 67's. Considering the Eastern conference has 6 teams all below .500, we're hanging tough with a much more competitive conference. Like to see the power play get cracking again Biggest challenge they could rectify is our penalty kill. Sitting in 16th place is not what I would expect from a TL style team. With names like Ladd, Corcoran, Boka, Purboo, Douglas, Playfair, all extremely experienced on the PK, you'd think we be sitting pretty in that category. Maybe try Foudy on the other teams D with all that potential breakaway speed, maybe it would decrease cross ice passing by the opposition. If Douglas or Purboo chip a puck past the D. Chances are they are caught before they reach the opposition blue line. Not really breakaway threats. We we're 7th last season in PK with goaltending almost a full point worse GGA than this season. Just an area I think we need cleaned up significantly before the playoffs.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
This team keeps putting up points in the standings at a clip only behind the 67's. Considering the Eastern conference has 6 teams all below .500, we're hanging tough with a much more competitive conference. Like to see the power play get cracking again Biggest challenge they could rectify is our penalty kill. Sitting in 16th place is not what I would expect from a TL style team. With names like Ladd, Corcoran, Boka, Purboo, Douglas, Playfair, all extremely experienced on the PK, you'd think we be sitting pretty in that category. Maybe try Foudy on the other teams D with all that potential breakaway speed, maybe it would decrease cross ice passing by the opposition. If Douglas or Purboo chip a puck past the D. Chances are they are caught before they reach the opposition blue line. Not really breakaway threats. We we're 7th last season in PK with goaltending almost a full point worse GGA than this season. Just an area I think we need cleaned up significantly before the playoffs.

Better defensively wouod help.
Take your assignments n stick to them

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Spirit could be having a short roster today.
That and traveling helps Windsor.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Game day,Windsor vs Saginaw
Piironen gets the start for Windsor
Purboo and Maggio not dressed for Windsor, Purboo's 1st game missed in 4 seasons, upper body injury.
Saginaw info coming soon.
Not dressed for Saginaw,dmen,DJ King,
Riley Webb and Mitchell Smith,Spirit dressing 4D for today's game.
Believe Lennox gets the start for Saggy in goal,waiting to confirm.

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Game day,Windsor vs Saginaw
Piironen gets the start for Windsor
Purboo and Maggio not dressed for Windsor, Purboo's 1st game missed in 4 seasons, upper body injury.
Saginaw info coming soon.

Maggio sitting.
Interesting....

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I wonder how many here actually know what's going on?!

Also, horrible about Purboo. The streak is done. Gotta feel for the guy.

Bad for the team.
I injuries happen. All teams have them.
Heal up n get back to lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad