Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
On a completely different note, I ran across a documentary on Will Cuylle the other night. It was shot about a year ago; goes through his OHL Draft day, his rookie season, and talks about how the adjustment to the OHL has been tough, but doable. The whole thing kind of gives a different perspective on everything and makes you realize how young these kids truly are.

Last edited:

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Without getting into the usual "nobody showed up again, what a surprise!" pointless banter... I wouldn't be surprised if this game has a lower crowd. The snow was ugly last night and the city isn't really cleared up. Probably not the best weather to go out and about in.
Well the main streets are bare and wet from the rain, can't see how this weather would be an issue?

Reactions: TheGremlin

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I would say 9000, as people are eager to get out of the house! (Only Savage cares about how many show up!!!!!!!)

Game night Windsor vs Erie
Starting goalies Medina for Windsor, Campbell for Erie.
Not dressed for Windsor Pasquale Zito and Joseph Rupoli
For Erie dman Drew Hunter and forward Noah Sedore.
Nice to see former Spit,Mathew Macdougall return to the lineup after being out for 2 months.

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
regardless of weather ,
why would you want to go to the game when you can sit at home and watch the game.
remember those words from you not to long ago.
smh

If i didnt have a ticket i gladly stay home n watch it. Easier n cheaper. Not like the game on tape delay.
Most of Windsor does the same thing if they care at all for this team. Dont blame them.
Savages r piching pennies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
What is trevor doing with lines tonite.
Always changing thu out the half a game so far.
Is he drinking??

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
So switching the lines for almost half a game? Erie or Windsor wasn't on the power play for that long.
While the lines were switched up Douglas and McDonald scored.... Did you not see that? Were you not paying attention? Did you not notice Erie had also changed their lines as well? Maybe you should stick to watching at home.... That way the commentaters can keep you up to date.... Just sayin.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
While the lines were switched up Douglas and McDonald scored.... Did you not see that? Were you not paying attention? Did you not notice Erie had also changed their lines as well? Maybe you should stick to watching at home.... That way the commentaters can keep you up to date.... Just sayin.

Why should i be interested in erie lines?
Maybe work on your stand up material. Lol

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Why should i be interested in erie lines?
Maybe work on your stand up material. Lol
I am in no way trying to be funny with you. I am stating the facts.... The truth. You obviously were not paying attention. Why would you be interested in Erie's lines..... Well you watched the whole game live did you not? You said you expected a Spitfire win tonight... Did you not? Well they won!! They gave you what you wanted, there was even a much bigger crowd than you and many others expected. Still you find away to complain, you are worse than a rebellious teen! Nothing is ever good enough and it's always someone else's fault. You say I gotta work on my stand up material.... Well you need to strongly work on your trolling skills..... I mean jeez atleast most trolls can atleast offer some hockey sense and can actually spell words correctly.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I am in no way trying to be funny with you. I am stating the facts.... The truth. You obviously were not paying attention. Why would you be interested in Erie's lines..... Well you watched the whole game live did you not? You said you expected a Spitfire win tonight... Did you not? Well they won!! They gave you what you wanted, there was even a much bigger crowd than you and many others expected. Still you find away to complain, you are worse than a rebellious teen! Nothing is ever good enough and it's always someone else's fault. You say I gotta work on my stand up material.... Well you need to strongly work on your trolling skills..... I mean jeez atleast most trolls can atleast offer some hockey sense and can actually spell words correctly.

Interesting point of view.
Obviously i don't see your point or your view. Carry on.
:D

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Interesting point of view.
Obviously i don't see your point or your view. Carry on.
:D

Well we all see your point of view lol, lets break it down......Anything....and I mean anything that OHTG, Legend, Youngblood, Myself post on here you are going to disagree on.....literally anything and everything. You have somehow made this your life ambition to do so.......as you have literally being doing this since god knows when. You are on here everyday with the agenda to stir the pot and crap on everything certain people post on here. You offer no actual value to conversations. You literally spend your days.....(a grown man I might add) with the soul ambition to log on here and try and argue.....for the sake of arguing. The Spits could win every game 10-0 and you would complain about something, be it the attendance, the price of food, etc. And after every game you will complain about Lewtowski for whatever reason you can come up with. Someone throws a jab at you and you report it to the mods every time. Would be nice if the mods paid attention to what your agenda is here on a daily basis. Hope you had fun at the game tonight!! And by all means the next time you go to a game feel free to try and catch a puck with your face lol......Now that karma would be priceless.:D:D:D

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It's just the way it goes - "nobody is changing my opinion for anything." There's a clear agenda but what can you do?

As for the game...

I thought Windsor played alright for about 40 minutes. They were sluggish midway through and a few of us commented on how the pace was a dull roar at best. Otherwise, the energy was up and the lines seemed alright. I don't like lines being different every game but maybe there's a reason, beyond the "see what works." Frankly, I'd go with what they used during the point streak but, eh...

Also really liked Maggio's game; he was hitting, getting creative offensively, and played like he has been chomping at the bit. Same with Douglas; hitting, scoring, getting helpers, and another really solid outing.

I don't know if they were looking ahead to Saginaw, but Sunday should be a helluva test.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits finish their season series match up with Erie last night with a tidy 4-3 win,took 6/8 points from the Otters.
Thought 5 on 5 Windsor was better then Erie last night outscored them in that category 4-1,while Otters went 2/3 on the PP,Windsor gets only 1 PP opp on the night and goes 0-1.
Very solid efforts from goalie Xavier Medina,who rebounded from his tough third game against Oshawa a week and half ago to gain his 13th win of the season his record now stands at an impressive 13-5-2,with a goals against average of 3.49,Piironen is 13-4-3 with a goals against average of 3.44.
Looks like Windsor can win with either tender in goal, that's a good thing.
Spits are now 7-1-1 in their last 9,and 10-2-1 in their last 13 games.
Also 2-0-1 in the last 3 since the trade deadline.
Spits record at home is 14-3-3 and 12-6-2 fairly impressive I would say.
Team is pretty deep offense wise,case in point last night, your top 3 getters going into the game,Angle,Afanaseyev, and Corcoran go pointless last night,3 players,Foudy,Cuylle and Purboo also go pointless, and you find a way to score 4 goals anyways and going on the PP once for the game.
Tighten up the PK and things are golden.
Thought the Douglas line last night was Windsor's best,Douglas notched 1GA, to lead Windsor, while he,Boka,and Cuylle led the way physicality wise for the Spits.
Rafkin, McDonald and D'amico scored the other goals for Windsor.
Getting back to scoring depth,Erie's top 5 point guys all registered at least a point last night, not much else wise, especially at even strength.
With the win,coupled with Saginaw's win vs SSM,Spits sit 2nd in the division with 57 points one behind Saginaw,with Windsor having 3 games in hand,all important home game today with Saginaw, could pass them with a win today
Also Kitchener has 58 points,so Windsor currently sits 3rd in the conference as a result, though Windsor has 3 games in hand on them too.
Interesting Guelph a couple of weeks or so ago were neck and neck with Windsor, well they have lost 6 in a row,play Kitchener at Kitchener today and now trail Windsor by 8 points.
Going to be an interesting one today for sure vs Saginaw, I expect Piironen to be in the hemp hut today,he has not lost to them in regulation this season, let's hope it stays that way after today.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
The boys were in their snuggies while Saggy has a two hour bus trip to the WFCU. So basically no factor. Spits will be in tough today..

Last edited:
Reactions: windsor7

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
If today’s game vs Saggy isn’t a lock for us I don’t know what would be. The boys were in their snuggies while Saggy was starting the long bus ride from the Zoo to Windsor on poor roads. The fat lady should be warming up in the wings shortly after the national anthem.

Actually Punch,Saginaw played at home last night,Friday night they were at SSM, but your point is made 3 games in 2-1/2 days with travel is tough,not sure if Perfetti is allowed to play,as this would be 4 games in 3 /1/2 days, and league rules dont allow players to play 4 games straight.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
If today’s game vs Saggy isn’t a lock for us I don’t know what would be. The boys were in their snuggies while Saggy was starting the long bus ride from the Zoo to Windsor on poor roads. The fat lady should be warming up in the wings shortly after the national anthem.

Should be a very close game today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad