Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
It still begs the question - why would you say that about someone on your own team? Seriously, I don't get the logic or the rationale. I know that you like to criticize and stir/troll, but "happy meal for participation"? I'd love to hear the reasoning behind thinking this is acceptable.

Who are you to decide what's acceptable??? Like he said it's his opinion. If you don't like it get out.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
He probably won’t respond. I’m still waiting to see how he knows there is great chemistry in the room and why he doesn’t want to ruin it if it helps team next year.

The biggest reason the chemistry is great is because maybe one of his favorite all time Spits players is still on the team in Boka. I mean Oshawa trades their captain and assistant captain last year at the deadline but Windsor has to be that special snowflake that keeps that chemistry going because.....

Reactions: windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Who are you to decide what's acceptable??? Like he said it's his opinion. If you don't like it get out.

So, you think it's acceptable to say a member of our own team should get a happy meal for a participating at the World Juniors? Come on lol

He probably won’t respond. I’m still waiting to see how he knows there is great chemistry in the room and why he doesn’t want to ruin it if it helps team next year.

Hi. How's it going? Sorry, lots going on here. *shrug* As for your comment... do I need to say how I know there's chemistry? Nope. I know there is, though, so I'll leave it at that. No, I don't want to ruin it. None of us knows what'll happen next season, so why ruin it now while we have it?

The biggest reason the chemistry is great is because maybe one of his favorite all time Spits players is still on the team in Boka.

All time favourite? Nah. In terms of "favourites", he'd be top 15 or 20, maybe? I like the kid, but out of 30 years of players...

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
So, you think it's acceptable to say a member of our own team should get a happy meal for a participating at the World Juniors? Come on lol

Hi. How's it going? Sorry, lots going on here. *shrug* As for your comment... do I need to say how I know there's chemistry? Nope. I know there is, though, so I'll leave it at that. No, I don't want to ruin it. None of us knows what'll happen next season, so why ruin it now while we have it?

All time favourite? Nah. In terms of "favourites", he'd be top 15 or 20, maybe? I like the kid, but out of 30 years of players...
Since you don’t know how great the chemistry is how do you know it won’t get better after a trade? How do you know it will be ruined? Do you think this team as it is will win the Championship? If not then what are the Spits playing for? Not like it should matter since a lot of people feel this team is being sold in offseason anyways.

Oct 3, 2019
Spits beat NB in OT. Foudy with the goal, D'Amico the helper. 3-2 final.

The tying goal, btw, was a short-handed penalty shot.

That's a six-point weekend for the Spitfires.
Another ugly one. Sell sell sell

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Since you don’t know how great the chemistry is how do you know it won’t get better after a trade? How do you know it will be ruined? Do you think this team as it is will win the Championship? If not then what are the Spits playing for? Not like it should matter since a lot of people feel this team is being sold in offseason anyways.

I know the chemistry is good so why mess with it? That's my point. If you have it good now, both in the standings and in the room, why mess with it? Everything is clicking, the team is in first place, and they've got a chance to do something. Pardon the cliche but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
NB commentators just said that four Spitfires were on the bench in the second intermission watching the Canada/Russia game on the big screen hahaha

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I know the chemistry is good so why mess with it? That's my point. If you have it good now, both in the standings and in the room, why mess with it? Everything is clicking, the team is in first place, and they've got a chance to do something. Pardon the cliche but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

You never answered my question in why Windsor should keep the chemistry as it is because it's good but Oshawa can trade their captain and assistant captain and still be a very good team.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

As long not sold to a dentist. Lol

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
I’m sure back in 09 and 10 the chemistry was good but they made changes and it didn’t seem to “ruin” things did it. If you want the team to get better whether its this year or next you can’t just stay pat and hope. You don’t just settle for good. You strive to be great. 1 step back to take 3 forward. Good thing you are never going to be a GM of anything. Things would never get done.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I’m sure back in 09 and 10 the chemistry was good but they made changes and it didn’t seem to “ruin” things did it. If you want the team to get better whether its this year or next you can’t just stay pat and hope. You don’t just settle for good. You strive to be great. 1 step back to take 3 forward. Good thing you are never going to be a GM of anything. Things would never get done.

They didn't trade any of the cores, though. Maxwell (never played), Lalonde, Johnston, Brassard, Bezzo... those weren't key guys. No comparison to dealing Angle, Boka, Afanasyev, Douglas, Corcoran, etc.

I'm not in the "stand pat" group, but the "tweak it" group.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Agreed

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
They didn't trade any of the cores, though. Maxwell (never played), Lalonde, Johnston, Brassard, Bezzo... those weren't key guys. No comparison to dealing Angle, Boka, Afanasyev, Douglas, Corcoran, etc.

I'm not in the "stand pat" group, but the "tweak it" group.

Uhhhhh they had to trade Jesse Blacker/Garrett Wilson/Austin Watson/Andrew Yogan. The 4 players I just mentioned were more talented than this group you mention for Windsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad