Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Not surprised you rear your holier and thou attitude on this forum, people ask me all time why does he do this,and attack when I dont go on his team forum and raise hell.
Go ahead and stick up for the most negative poster on these boards who attacks posters,but you turn a blind
eye,rather weak
As for back door,your team had its chance before Windsor and failed miserably as I predicted then.
Dont know why you feel the need to fuel the fire here must be bored.
Windsor didn't make the rules re hosting only followed them.

So you're telling me people actually ask you about other posters when those posters just could ask the person??? :huh::huh::huh::huh:

I am sure your story is 100% correct. :thumbd:

Reactions: windsor7

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
So you're telling me people actually ask you about other posters when those posters just could ask the person??? :huh::huh::huh::huh:

I am sure your story is 100% correct. :thumbd:

Think what you want I could care less
And it's not posters who ask but readers who dont partake.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I agree that any move they may be willing to make won't change their destiny this year and as my other posts have stated I think they can potentially upset someone in the first round even if they sell off a couple of pieces. The problem is any move they make this year to add in a worthwhile way will affect their ability to do things in the future unless they are willing to move both in and out without hurting their assets they have available.

I don't see the sense in adding for a second round exit while diminishing their ability to compete next year and beyond with a better roster. An addition for this year and next year won't be any cheaper if it's a worthwhile addition so while making them marginally better this year and hopefully much better next year your making next year even more difficult to contend in with fewer assets. If any of the players people want to keep (Corcoran/Angle/Douglas/Afanasyev) don't come back that's creating another hole to fill without the ability to fill it.

Looking at any team that's gone on a run they've added pre season, early in the season and even the season before but they've all added at the deadline as well and while adding pieces for next year is a great idea and one I think should be considered you can't add for next year if you still won't have the assets because they were spent this year.
I was using the D scenario as an example - it could have been a winger or center. In reality I'm not expecting much action from the Spits, buy or sell. I'm at the point that I wish the trade deadline was behind us and we can all just focus on hockey. I look at the conference standings and I see the Spits in first place. Maybe it won't last but tonight they are in first place. Kids have worked hard to get there - I give them credit for being where almost no one thought they could be. Go Spits Go!

member 71782

I was using the D scenario as an example - it could have been a winger or center. In reality I'm not expecting much action from the Spits, buy or sell. I'm at the point that I wish the trade deadline was behind us and we can all just focus on hockey. I look at the conference standings and I see the Spits in first place. Maybe it won't last but tonight they are in first place. Kids have worked hard to get there - I give them credit for being where almost no one thought they could be. Go Spits Go!

I get the example part, was doing the same. I as well don't expect much from Bowler at the deadline, maybe he'll surprise us one way or the other or in a way no one expected. They are in first and that's why it's frustrating for me to see them in that spot but not in a position to support it. Would like to see them in a position to go all in but since they're not I simply want to see them put themselves in that position when it becomes available again without having to move out everything that's not nailed down. They did it in 2007/08, still had a solid season and the three that followed were worth it. That's what I want to see again, to be in a position to take advantage of those opportunities when they come while not having to rebuild the next year.

Get this deadline over with, regardless of what happens will be pulling for the best results for the team but my opinion will always be what brings long term success and stability is what's best for the team and fans in the end.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Not surprised you rear your holier and thou attitude on this forum, people ask me all time why does he do this,and attack when I dont go on his team forum and raise hell.
Go ahead and stick up for the most negative poster on these boards who attacks posters,but you turn a blind
eye,rather weak
As for back door,your team had its chance before Windsor and failed miserably as I predicted then.
Dont know why you feel the need to
fuel the fire here must be bored.
Windsor didn't make the rules re hosting only followed them.

As usual you wont address the content of my post. I wonder why lol ;)
Can you explain the difference between you calling out other GMs in the past but yet insulting others when they do the same?

I am far from holier than thou. Self admittedly.
How often is all the time as you claim? You called it. Just curious if its hyperbole on your part yet again. And you are not the only one who gets PMs.

You are welcome to post on the London forum anytime. And feel free to call me out for hypocritical comments if you choose. No issues here. I just got a feeling you wont find me jumping back n forth over fence playing both sides as you do.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Think what you want I could care less
And it's not posters who ask but readers who dont partake.

Feel free to invite them to ask myself. via PM and they will get the answer to the question you claim is asked all the time.
I eagerly await. If they are as curious as you claim Ill be glad to answer them.
Hopefully I have time to reply. Since it happens all the time.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Feel free to invite them to ask myself. via PM and they will get the answer to the question you claim is asked all the time.
I eagerly await. If they are as curious as you claim Ill be glad to answer them.
Hopefully I have time to reply. Since it happens all the time.

I doubt you can explain to those who ask why including me why you turn a blind eye to others who attack and criticize alot of the time, and you know who I am talking about and not once have you publicly done like you post on here about me.
Double standard and you don't realize it

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I’m off the boards for a few hours and come back to 4 new pages. I thought we traded Foudy and Cuylle for a pair of 6th round picks in 2025.

I’m not the GM, but I’m happy with how this teams performing. 6/6 points over the weekend. Canada wins Gold, Karis coming back.
I think Windsor’s in a good spot, to buy, sell or tweak. Glad I’m not Bowler right now, but looking to forward To seeing how this week plays out!

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
I have several comments on items that I have seen on this Board in the last few days. I don't have any inside information, I only know what I read on the Internet, and we all know how reliable that can be.

1. I see three teams in the West trying to beef up for a run this year: London, Kitchener and Saginaw. I don't believe Guelph will beef up. In fact, I have read where they may try to trade Nico Hawes. Guelph, like Windsor has overachieved. I think both teams will be passed by the other 3 teams.

2. Bowler is a rookie GM, and has no track record. I would assume that he won't break up the team that is currently first in the Conference. That means he stays pat or tries to beef up. Since there are rumors that the team will be sold, possibly to NHL players (or retired players), his tenure may be short lived. They pattern is when retired NHL players buy a team, they make themselves Coach or GM. If that happens, Bowler doesn't want to dismantle the team and maybe fall to 6th or 7th and lose in the 1st round. That would look bad on his limited resume. If he were guaranteed to be GM for 5 years, he might have a longer view and trade the veterans.

3. I think everyone agrees that this team has overachieved. This is team, so far, is a case of 1 plus 1 equaling 3. The teams performance is much higher than the sum of the individual players. So, what makes the difference. Is it team chemistry, coaching, hard work or just plain luck. There are some that will say it is luck, but luck doesn't happen for half a season. The breaks even themselves out. Most people (including myself) aren't wowed by the coaching. But the success is happening.

4. The Goaltending has become a pleasant surprise. Early in the year it looked like we had 2 backup Goalies. Now it looks like we have 2 starters. While Piironien was gone Medina went 8-2-1 for 17 points out of a possible 22. While neither goalie can be compared to DiPietro, thay have both become reliable, if not solid. During the offseason, if any team needs a starting G, and has 2 open Import slots, Piironien is there answer. He would definately be better than anybody they could pick up in the 2nd round of the Import Draft.

5. The Spits totally outplayed North Bay today. It was there best game of the trip. They had well over 40 shots on goal. NB's Goalie played outstanding. The two goals that the Spits gave up were on terrible defensive lapses.

6. I am hoping that the Spits can hang on and finish no worse than 4th, have the home ice in the first round and win there first series in 9 years. I would love to have them playing in April.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
I've been of the thinking that they needed to upgrade for some consistent goaltending. But Medina really impressed over the last stretch.

Although he handled the workload no problem, one concern I'd have is burning out a young goalie. If they can find that balance of having him stay in his groove while keeping him sharp I think they ride with this duel & he's earned the crease for the bigger games ahead. Although I'm in the camp of having a 3 or 4 year vet for a playoff run, I don't think they can find a big enough upgrade for the price they'd be willing or needing to pay.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I doubt you can explain to those who ask why including me why you turn a blind eye to others who attack and criticize alot of the time, and you know who I am talking about and not once have you publicly done like you post on here about me.
Double standard and you don't realize it

Sorry you are incorrect, I realize it :) and exactly what I've done,
I will have no problem explaining myself so your doubts are unfounded.

And yet again you didn't respond to the content in my original post. Only look to shift focus, deflect, move goalposts....Hhmmmmm. Must be a reason for that I guess ;)

The Spits are doing well, better than almost any1 expected, enjoy it. I would under the circumstances of the past decade and many on here are.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Game notes - Canada wins gold! Spits win in OT! Hard to watch both games but I sure tried.

Spits played like a team playing 3 games in 2 1/2 days, man did they looked tired. Not a crisp game for sure. The good thing was this road trip ended against a team that has struggled so playing down a few notches did not hurt them in the end.

Lamour - so this kid seems to play his best games against the Spits. I recall him beating us a rookie. He kept his team in the game and worked them into OT and a point.

6 point road trip on 1 of the toughest road trips of the year kids have to be proud.

Looking ahead Windsor with 3 games this weekend. I actually think this weekend will be harder. Home Thursday, off Friday, play in Flint Saturday night and then a 2 pm game in Kitchener on Sunday. That is one tough turn around and Kitchener is tough to play against at the best of times. Not expecting 6 points this weekend.

Reactions: member 71782

member 71782

Has anyone seen how Jodoin has been doing in LaSalle? I don't think he's supposed to be a big offensive force so stats wouldn't give a true picture of how he's been developing if that's the case.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Folks here know there is an ignore function here right? This board seems to be 75% bickering between the usual suspects - nothing constructive between them, just dick measuring arguing for the sake of arguing. Just put each other on ignore and move on with your lives. Sure I could ignore folks myself, but that is only half the battle if the guys I want to keep reading keep responding to the shots fired at them by the folks I don't.

Subtract the bickering posts from new and old grievances and the Spits board is probably only on it's second "part". Yes it is that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad