Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I saw the "T" and my mind went to Teflon. Sorry about that lol agreed on the linesmen, too. I dont think he intended contact, nor did he make any, but more of a gesture. Janssen did it often.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
One thing not discussed which bears mentioning is no Playfair last night. Missed the game against Saginaw due to concussion symptoms and missing another game and just coming back from a concussion missing over a month. Obviously you want him healthy but this is probably going to be a concern going forward with him.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Good point... Playfair was discussed a fair bit at the rink but I forgot to bring it up on here after. I don't know whether he's out long-term or if he came back too soon.. not sure what the deal is. What's most important with him is to get healthy.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Good point... Playfair was discussed a fair bit at the rink but I forgot to bring it up on here after. I don't know whether he's out long-term or if he came back too soon.. not sure what the deal is. What's most important with him is to get healthy.

Actually I spoke to both Playfair and newcomer Ben Garagan last night,Garagan hopes to play tonight at Kitchener, Playfair feels he might be ready for Sunday, apparently not concussed but an upper body injury

Reactions: OHLTG

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Otters fan here. Were they pretty good fights, and how would score them (objectively). Great pics!

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I thought the Douglas fight was better, in terms of willingness throughout. Duff was a very willing guy, which surprised Douglas the start. We all kind of chuckled because, when we saw Douglas get challenged, his eyes kind of went to "are you sure?" That fight was all Douglas. Duff tried and got in a couple of shots, but Douglas swung the right to hurt and, best guess, throw a half dozen or so big rights. To Duff's credit, he didn't go down. They fell at the end because of slipping. I'd definitely score it a win for Douglas.

Allen and Henry - not sure how that started, but they squared-off. Allen threw a LOT of left jabs, which you could tell affected Henry a bit. He kept putting his chin down and protecting while still trying to throw. Allen was much more open and waiting. Not a ton of shots thrown in this one, at least not to the extent of the Douglas fight. Henry got one really good uppercut in that caught Allen, but Allen shook it off. It didn't seem to phase him a whole lot. The linesmen went to separate them, for some reason, and Allen gave them the "back off" motion. They didn't listen and separated anyway. I'd give Allen the edge for sure; he was more in control, had his head up for the majority, and landed more. Henry did land the uppercut, which prevents this from being a bigger win for Allen.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor at Kitchener for their final meeting on the regular season.
Piironen and Richardson are the starters in goal.
Not dressed for Windsor,Chris Playfair, Ben Garagan, and Sean Allen.
For Kitchener, Eric Guest and Carter Tresoor forwards.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
You know it's a weird game when the Kitchener TV announcers are saying Piiroinen isn't getting any puck luck. 4-2 Rangers, but the bounces... oh those bounces!

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
You know it's a weird game when the Kitchener TV announcers are saying Piiroinen isn't getting any puck luck. 4-2 Rangers, but the bounces... oh those bounces!

So bounces r going to be what happened.
Sure

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Congrats to Mikey!! Well deserved and glad he was able to get it before the season ended.

7-4 loss tonight in Kitchener. A couple of late goals made it respectable. The old cliche "puck bounces" was the story tonight. I'm sure there were a couple that Piiroinen would like back, but that puck was ugly.

Damiani had five points (first career five-assist game) to put him over the century mark as a Ranger. Foudy and Frasca had a pair of points for Windsor.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Congrats to Mikey!! Well deserved and glad he was able to get it before the season ended.

7-4 loss tonight in Kitchener. A couple of late goals made it respectable. The old cliche "puck bounces" was the story tonight. I'm sure there were a couple that Piiroinen would like back, but that puck was ugly.

Damiani had five points (first career five-assist game) to put him over the century mark as a Ranger. Foudy and Frasca had a pair of points for Windsor.
I'm sure if you ask Piirionen he would want all 7 back.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

So when Windsor losses it bounces.
When the bounces go windsors way its a good win. Hmmmm

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Kari should have had firstb2 goals. I have no clue what Staios was doing on the 3rd goal but kari made big save and staios stood there and watched the guy guy score off of rebound. And he was standing right next to the guy.

Game was total opposite from last night it seemed. Must have been a cute girl sitting by penalty box cause Douglas made that his 2nd home tonight.

Hope to see Incze start against saginaw and hope the boys have a little better effort on the backend.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad