Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
It's no secret in hockey circles that he is expected to by pass Michigan State to play here.
Barring something unforeseen, such as making the NHL team that drafts him I expect Afanaseyev here.
Don't know why you just wont say he would be a great addition period.

haven't players passed on coming to Windsor before?

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I think last night pairing Boka and Campbell for a power play shift was to prevent the all too common short handed goal we've seen this year. Yes Staios can skate however is position is defense which is non existent lately. Looking like a mini Starikov.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I see Afanayesev as picks. If he doesn’t show up, we get picks/high end young player. If he shows up, I expect him to play with us until the deadline and then moved to a contender.

(Let’s say he comes here)
Personally, I don’t see him here in 2 years, since he’s not being drafted out of the OHL. If his production is good next year, he’ll end up in the AHL the following. IMO Not worth the picks to bring him here for a season, as although Windsor will be good, I don’t think next year is the year to go all in. I think Afanayesov would be a one and done, and if he produces well, he could fetch us some players for the run.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I'd rotate goalies until one wins and stick with that goalie till next loss. Piiroinen still a rookie. No need to keep burying him. Just a young kid that needs to gain his confidence. Hopefully Inczes good play of late will rub off on him.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor at Saginaw
Incze gets the nod in goal for the Spits.
Spits dressing 20 players for the 1st time in awhile.
Chris Playfair back after a 3 game absence due to upper body injury, Ben Garagan makes his Spitfire debut tonight, returning from a wrist injury suffered with his old team Hamilton prior to being dealt here on deadline day.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor at Saginaw
Incze gets the nod in goal for the Spits.
Spits dressing 20 players for the 1st time in awhile.
Chris Playfair back after a 3 game absence due to upper body injury, Ben Garagan makes his Spitfire debut tonight, returning from a wrist injury suffered with his old team Hamilton prior to being dealt here on deadline day.

good to see a full lineup.
more players for the coach to juggle lines now. lol

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
4-1 Saginaw final, empty net late. Not from a lack of effort on Windsor's part. Ivan Prosvetov stood on his head for the Spirit. Sometimes, you gotta give props to the goaltender.

This game could have gotten really ugly at the end. A hit in the corner had everyone pile in. I believe it was D'Amico who was tangled up with a Spirit player, but D'Amico was on the ice. Incze came in and wanted a piece of the Spirit player. That brought Prosvetov to center ice. Shades of Engelage/Pasquale here. Nothing doing (fortunately or unfortunately), but it definitely heated up.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Yeah another loss. Big kudos to Colton for sticking up for a teammate. Staios stupid penalties and poor play again. Yes their goalie was fantastic but a lot of our shots were right in his chest or closed pads making it look better than what it was. Douglas non existent again. Wtf is going on with him.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
4-1 Saginaw final, empty net late. Not from a lack of effort on Windsor's part. Ivan Prosvetov stood on his head for the Spirit. Sometimes, you gotta give props to the goaltender.

This game could have gotten really ugly at the end. A hit in the corner had everyone pile in. I believe it was D'Amico who was tangled up with a Spirit player, but D'Amico was on the ice. Incze came in and wanted a piece of the Spirit player. That brought Prosvetov to center ice. Shades of Engelage/Pasquale here. Nothing doing (fortunately or unfortunately), but it definitely heated up.

sure that is all Windsor needs,
a goalie suspension.
if the fight happened.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Yeah another loss. Big kudos to Colton for sticking up for a teammate. Staios stupid penalties and poor play again. Yes their goalie was fantastic but a lot of our shots were right in his chest or closed pads making it look better than what it was. Douglas non existent again. Wtf is going on with him.

what is that? 4 out of 5 games?
for losses.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere

Incze went after the Spirit player O’Grady i believe after he gave Henault a shot that dropped him (not sure if Henault embellished or not). I like what Colton did there. Hopefully he gets the start on thursday. He has been the better of the 2 right now.

Reactions: KyGuy9

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
I didn’t watch much of the game. The parts i saw i tried watching Staios more and it seems in the defensive zone he just goes thru the motions. Not sure if he is unhappy or what. Hopefully he picks it up or i won’t be disappointed if he got moved after the season. If he is unhappy and Starikov, Kut, morgan and macdougall all were the same then you have to start to wonder if it a coaching thing. That’s a lot of kids to be unhappy.

Windsor should almost give up on pulling goalie. Seems like they give up the puck shortly after pulling the goalie and get scored on.

Thursday will be a tough game.

Reactions: aresknights

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
O Grady got a match penalty at end of game,no penalty to Inzce.
And I agree Inzce deserves the start on Thursday vs London.
Inzce played well tonight and the Saginaw goalie the difference in this one.
Best road game in awhile.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Incze went after the Spirit player O’Grady i believe after he gave Henault a shot that dropped him (not sure if Henault embellished or not). I like what Colton did there. Hopefully he gets the start on thursday. He has been the better of the 2 right now.

agreed.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I didn’t watch much of the game. The parts i saw i tried watching Staios more and it seems in the defensive zone he just goes thru the motions. Not sure if he is unhappy or what. Hopefully he picks it up or i won’t be disappointed if he got moved after the season. If he is unhappy and Starikov, Kut, morgan and macdougall all were the same then you have to start to wonder if it a coaching thing. That’s a lot of kids to be unhappy.

Windsor should almost give up on pulling goalie. Seems like they give up the puck shortly after pulling the goalie and get scored on.

it is almost automatic that when the spits pull the goalie a goal happens.
odds r for sure in the other teams favor for sure.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Spits need to find their next DJ Smith on the coaching staff, it isn't Weber that's for sure. The "unhappy" players I think is just a red herring. I am sure there are players on every below average team that aren't happy. If all the players were happy on a team like that there is a problem. I don't believe those players being unhappy is as big of factor as people want to believe. The coaching staff is probably the larger factor imo.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

That's who it was! Incze did what he had to do. If Prosvetov wanted some of the action, he had plenty of time to skate down and join in. Heck, I was surprised he didn't. Center ice is good but when the camera was on him, looked more like he was either waiting for instructions from the bench or going to the bench itself.

Reactions: hockeylegend11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad