Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I said this year if Formenton and Bouchard did not return.
I still say next year and the year after.
While you u are it,care to explain Sudbury and Owen Sound then,especially Sudbury.

So no guess on breaking the drought ;). Never answer questions, just keep spinning your truth.
I showed you the other side of the coin is all. You wanna use losing a good player as a crutch. I showed sometimes teams can overcome that. I admit those other teams have struggled. Can u admit your crutch is a false theory :)

And as far a Bouchard n Formenton go you were pretty sure n vocal they would not be back. You were incorrect and I said at the time it was just wishful thinking on your part. Just as you were incorrect when you stated Spits compete with London over nect 2 years ( and you did so without the qualifier you now wanna use as another crutch or oops sorry "factor" just like you changed it to next 2 years- I sometimes get dizzy trying to follow the spin.
I could post you comments from what we are discussing but you know the truth so no need. If you dont recall you should check it out.

Reactions: windsor7

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Except London 11 years between Cups,Windsor 7,London wins 2 in the last 13 years pretty good I admit,but I will take 3 in 10 even better,London is 2/5 in Mem Cups,not bad,though they hosted 2 of them,Windsor 3/3 with 1 host,12 straight wins too,u got to admit that's impressive.

Yup we all know. I think this is 412th time you have posted the ecact same thing lol.
Got any new material?
Lets look forward shall we as you so often claim you want to do.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
There is often 2 sides to a coin.
How has London done since losing 3 1st rd draft picks lately?
Ya know, that team you claimed Windsor would compete with this year. (And next year)
Kitchener without their best player, I think has won a couple in a row?
Not sure the other teams missing big names have done since missing players also but since you didnt bring them up Ill guess they have done OK.
I said this year if Formenton and Bouchard did not return.
I still say next year and the year after.
While you u are it,care to explain Sudbury and Owen Sound then,especially Sudbury.
Stop with OS. They are 3-3. Had 3 game win streak after they left and now 3 game losing streak. To me that pretty good after losing 2 very good players isn’t it. And obviously when you lose a starting goaltender and have no backup then yes a team will struggle.

Reactions: windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Soooo... very winnable game on Thursday with Sudbury coming in. Two notes about the Wolves: They're a rough squad (most fighting majors in the OHL) and they're also without Luukkonen, who's with Team Finland right now. The Wolves have lost four straight and are 7-9-1-1 on the road.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Soooo... very winnable game on Thursday with Sudbury coming in. Two notes about the Wolves: They're a rough squad (most fighting majors in the OHL) and they're also without Luukkonen, who's with Team Finland right now. The Wolves have lost four straight and are 7-9-1-1 on the road.

a win would do wonders.
hope it happens.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Stop with OS. They are 3-3. Had 3 game win streak after they left and now 3 game losing streak. To me that pretty good after losing 2 very good players isn’t it. And obviously when you lose a starting goaltender and have no backup then yes a team will struggle.

Their backup is 19 year old Jake McGrath former starter with 102 games played with a goals against of 3.85 career wise in the OHL
Piironen in 15 games average is now 4.14.
What do you mean they dont have s backup they do,their starter is a stud,McGrath isn't

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Certainly we have a good shot at beating the Wolves. Then again we will be missing at least one familiar face ourselves according to rumors are us. If so perhaps we see new faces in the line-up,it’s always interesting meshing new lines.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Certainly we have a good shot at beating the Wolves. Then again we will be missing at least one familiar face ourselves according to rumors are us. If so perhaps we see new faces in the line-up,it’s always interesting meshing new lines.

kinda hard to mess lines when the coach changes the lines all the time throughout the game.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Their backup is 19 year old Jake McGrath former starter with 102 games played with a goals against of 3.85 career wise in the OHL
Piironen in 15 games average is now 4.14.
What do you mean they dont have s backup they do,their starter is a stud,McGrath isn't
He was never very good as a starter and even worse as a backup. My point is if your team doesn’t have a good backup and you lose your starter you don’t have much chance for success

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Just in case it's getting lost in the shuffle (because it's a pretty big deal given the topic the last 24-hours)...

To Flint: Cody Morgan

To Windsor: 2nd 2020, 4th 2021

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Cody Morgan has been dealt to the Flint Firebirds for a 2nd in 2020 and a 4th in 2021. Per Jim Parker.

Figured it would picks only.

Didnt work out and we will if it was time and/or environment or the kid just didnt want it.

Going from the major piece in s deal for Villardi? Was it? To flipping himfor this return a year later, althou maybe neccessary, isnt optimal.

But again may have been nevcessary.i dont know.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Yes but it's become a bit of a running joke now. You'll see lines start to form chemistry and really click, then "oh, they changed them up again" within minutes. It's literally becoming a never-ending storyline.

You guys would know better than I

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Cody Morgan has been dealt to the Flint Firebirds for a 2nd in 2020 and a 4th in 2021. Per Jim Parker.

he never got to play regularly here.
Maybe he will get ice time and improve now in Flint.
Good Luck to him.
That trade for Morgan to Windsor did well originally. HAHA
Just another player that supposed to have potential didn't do anything in Windsor.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Not exactly a world beater but sometimes subtraction improves things...The Windsor #Spitfires @SpitsHockey have traded LC Cody Morgan to the Flint #Firebirds for a second-round #OHL Draft pick in 2020 and a fourth-round pick in 2021.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Yes but it's become a bit of a running joke now. You'll see lines start to form chemistry and really click, then "oh, they changed them up again" within minutes. It's literally becoming a never-ending storyline.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad