Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Why don’t we ban all contact sports??? Seriously, after all, more concussions from contact/impact then from fighting now. If you argue that narrative you should be on the side of non contact. It’s truly just another way for you to stir the pot that’s a fact. Now I’m mad at myself for even entertaining your shtick!! So 7. Why no response to this honest question? You razz others for non answers??

Reactions: randomhero4life

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Why don’t we ban all contact sports??? Seriously, after all, more concussions from contact/impact then from fighting now. If you argue that narrative you should be on the side of non contact. It’s truly just another way for you to stir the pot that’s a fact. Now I’m mad at myself for even entertaining your shtick!! So 7. Why no response to this honest question? You razz others for non answers??

Talk about stirring the pot. Haha

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

What is this even about? It's possible to like contact sports but find fighting barbaric or to the point that it hardly serves the purpose it once did? I don't mind fighting but I grew tired of it when Bilcke turned it into a sideshow pretty much fighting for the sake of fighting. I for one give the thumbs up to windsor7. Great poster.

don-cherry.jpg

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009

I replied in the last thread. It comes down to intent. League cracks down on head shot checks and predatory hits - checking isn't supposed to be intent to injure but to separate the puck from the player. Fighting is about trying to knock out the other guy while he tries to knock me out.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
So now that we’re back on track. Who thinks moves are coming, who do ya think is going, where do ya think they’ll go and what do u think they will get us in return? WR has a few cards left and he usually spends them all.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

member 71782

So now that we’re back on track. Who thinks moves are coming, who do ya think is going, where do ya think they’ll go and what do u think they will get us in return? WR has a few cards left and he usually spends them all.

Purboo to Oshawa. 2nd, 4th, 7th. Adds size, scoring depth, net front presence and PK. Oshawa adds for this year and next and he returns as an OA.

Boka to either Saginaw. 2nd, 5th. Adds strong defensive play, PK and maturity and experience to a young line up. Also two year window for Saginaw and Boka returns as an OA.

Or

Boka, Corcorran to Guelph. 3 x 2nds, 3rd, 4th. Corcorran adds strong, responsible two way game plus emerging offensive game from blueline, can play in all situations. Both are tradeable assets next year if when Guelph sell off.

Values probably off but teams make sense.

Any other moves are likely insignificant unless an 01 gets moved. Playfair and Angle are potential moves but doubtful if Boka and Purboo move.

Corcorran I can only see moved as a multi player package.

Don't think any significant players come back in those deals but a warm body would make sense, maybe an underperforming 00/01.

Reactions: OHLTG

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I would have a hard time seeing them move Corcoran. Only because they have 1 D that certainly won't be back next year in Allen, another guy in Stevenson who's not OA caliber and Starikov who has regressed and they should look to utilize an open import slot. Your other 3 Corcoran/Ladd/Staois probably will be sticking around just based on need.

It will most likely be a 3 year rebuild to get to the point of contending for a title so around the 21/22 season. This year their OAs and 19 year olds aren't good enough and a big reason for their struggles. If their 19 year olds are an issue this year it won't really change next year. You either need to use more assets to get better OAs next year or sit pat take your lumps try and build up more picks in the cupboard.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
cfaub I like the Guelph trade most and would settle for the 3 2nds but I suspect WR will keep Corcoran and deal Purboo to a GTA team and Boka to Saggy as you suggest.
Question is do they do a deal before the XMass break which starts somewhere around dec 17 and ends after Christmas. We are not limited by the World juniors because we don’t have anyone involved in it and shouldn’ t expect to be trading for anyone involved so in effect when the trade window re-opens WR can go to work early. I still expect us to end up with 3 O/A one way or another...

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I would think at this point Warren will sit tight and wait for the offers to come to him. He has already moved his key piece and any other offer would have to be good enough to make it worth while. There is no need to move anyone at this point. Boka and Purboo can both be moved next year for likely around the same as you would get for them this year. Only time I would consider a move would be if 1 of them has indicated they won't be returning and will move onto school next year. The rest you don't move, let them develop ( unless the offer knocks your socks off).

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I don't see many things happening until the deadline, if at all. You'll be in tough to convince this team that Purboo, Boka, and Corcoran all should/could be dealt. Maybe one "couldn't resist" deal but...

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
After today's announcement that Harold Baines was selected to the Hall of Fame, anything is possible! I think Boka could be of interest to contending teams, a depth move--adds energy and good on the PK.
Purboo is expendable but I'm not sure what the return would be.
Future looks bright with Cuylle and Foudy leading the offence.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The weird thing with Purboo is he has talent, but production comes-and-goes. He has just three games without a point since Nov 3, but went pointless in six-of-seven before that. He has value but the question is what is it?

Any trades have to bring value to both teams. If they don't, what's the point?

Reactions: nelli27

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Update on @Gabe_Vilardi13 situation...
Told Vilardi is good to go. LA Kings will assign him to Team Canada for WJC camp later today.
Via twitter 1 hour ago..the Mayor John Hoven..

Reactions: OHLTG

Oldspitsfan

Nov 24, 2013
Villardi has allowed to play for the world juniors by the doctors. Can anyone tell me the years of the two second round picks the Spits receive once he is returned to the OHL? Thanks for the info!

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
From Windsor Star - If he does return to the OHL, Windsor will also get Kingston’s second-round pick in 2027 and 2028.

I'd imagine Windsor couldn't deal them until 2024 given the new rules.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Hope V comes back to the O. Needs to see if that back will handle playing reg. I think it’ll take some real picks to see WR trade any of the three mentioned and I’m not sure any of them are worth as much as u guys are hoping. I know he’s tinkering, hell lets be clear, he’s gonna try and get creative. I like having a full roster of OA’s imho it only helps the team. The rumor mill is still. lol over but I’ve heard nothing I’m confident in retelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->