Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Rayzor

Not surprised you would slag the Windsor organization, unlike the classy Morgan and his remarks.
Bottom line you produce you get the ice time, no coach would sit an unproductive player.
He didn't belong in the top 6 ,Foudy,Cuylle,and D'amico surpassed him on depth by their performances
It's too bad,I was hoping he would work out like Mcmichael but he didn't.
Players have to take ownership.
That lip service you talk about has brought in or up 4 good ones,in fact Cuylle,Foudy,and Frasca are in the top 20 for rookie points,plus McDonald more goals and points then Morgan.
I will take that kind of lip service every time out.
And sometimes trades dont work,nobody but nobody scores 100 % all the time,you expect it but everyone doesn't.If you did u would not b i t c h all the time.

Teenagers have to take ownership but not the coaches since you don't like the criticism Letowski receives? Trades don't always workout but that doesn't mean you throw out the baby with the bath water. You have preached patience and want to give up on a 17 year old less than a year after you acquired him? Heed your own advice because you just keep spinning.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Here's the issue I see... if they keep him around, and he continues to struggle, it's not good for anyone. Right? While he hasn't had top-line minutes, you don't notice him out there when he plays. That's really unfortunate, too. Compare him to other third/fourth liners we've had just this season - namely Foudy, D'Amico, Cuylle, and McDonald. They've all been very noticable at times.

If you trade Morgan, you'll hear "why give him up so young??" The team is basically between a rock and a hard place. Ideally, you want him to develop properly but that's not always going to happen. They were patient with him and gave him opportunities. It simply didn't work out. For all we know, he goes to Flint and does well, and the picks we got in return turn out to be solid additions. Maybe the player who takes his spot is even better and helps us now and down the road.

Yes, it's not much fun to say we dealt Morgan this quickly but sometimes it's for the best.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
You guys miss the fact he asked for a trade?? Kid doesn’t wanna be here he’s not gonna play well. He thinks he has far more to give, no one here was seeing it, so a mutual agreement is good for both. I believe there’s more to come stay tuned. Hearing nothing on WR having feelers for a coach could be a dead issue, could be he’s shopping quietly. I do know he’s seething mad and frustrated. He cares a ton and he sees the mess.

Reactions: OHLTG

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Here's the issue I see... if they keep him around, and he continues to struggle, it's not good for anyone. Right? While he hasn't had top-line minutes, you don't notice him out there when he plays. That's really unfortunate, too. Compare him to other third/fourth liners we've had just this season - namely Foudy, D'Amico, Cuylle, and McDonald. They've all been very noticable at times.

If you trade Morgan, you'll hear "why give him up so young??" The team is basically between a rock and a hard place. Ideally, you want him to develop properly but that's not always going to happen. They were patient with him and gave him opportunities. It simply didn't work out. For all we know, he goes to Flint and does well, and the picks we got in return turn out to be solid additions. Maybe the player who takes his spot is even better and helps us now and down the road.

Yes, it's not much fun to say we dealt Morgan this quickly but sometimes it's for the best.

Seems like a lot of posters on here only focus on what a player does on game day!! Practice, and day to day dealings with players have a lot to do with game time decisions, and when setting lines. I totally agree with Teflon, Morgan imho did not want to be here, it showed a lot!! The issues that Morgan has fall on him to get right not the coaches. I wish him the best!

Last edited:

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
You have to do right by the kid. It wasn't working out here. Windsor likes to "recruit" defected players - convince the player, his parents and advisers that we're a good situation for them - we need to show that if it's not working out that we'll do what's in the kids best interest and move them to a better situation rather than try to force things or make the player play a lesser role with limited minutes.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
You have to do right by the kid. It wasn't working out here. Windsor likes to "recruit" defected players - convince the player, his parents and advisers that we're a good situation for them - we need to show that if it's not working out that we'll do what's in the kids best interest and move them to a better situation rather than try to force things or make the player play a lesser role with limited minutes.
I agree - what most are missing here is the other influences on the kid - Parents, agents, girlfriends etc. Never always just the player issue. Real tough on these kids considering how they get it from every direction. Most learn to deal with it and understand part of that is evolving to be come a pro.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
With the deadline looming I am a fan of making moves for the future. Not interested in fighting our way into the playoffs only to be swept in 4 games. Much rather slide to a higher draft pick. Not the best move for an organization money wise but it would help fill the coffers in a couple of years if done right. Really don't want to blow future picks to try and buy our way into the playoffs. I know others question the "free" OA thing but I see that as a route to the future.

Reactions: OHLTG and punch1943

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
With the deadline looming I am a fan of making moves for the future. Not interested in fighting our way into the playoffs only to be swept in 4 games. Much rather slide to a higher draft pick. Not the best move for an organization money wise but it would help fill the coffers in a couple of years if done right. Really don't want to blow future picks to try and buy our way into the playoffs. I know others question the "free" OA thing but I see that as a route to the future.
I can envision accepting an O/A as an add-on in a trade. If for instance you want to trade a guy to Kitchener for a pair of 3rds and the Rangers say OK but you must accept O/A player in the deal to allow us to room to bring in a different O/A. Other than that I'd be happy to get an O/A FA or someone off waivers without burning picks.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
I think Trevor is feeling the heat now! For him to throw his goalies under the bus was brutal!!! Shouldn’t happen in the press EVER!! Those defending him please explain how this isn’t what it looks like??
I have never defended Letowski, but I will comment. To me he was probably answering a question about "what is wrong with the Spits." He gave an honest truthful answer. The only other thing he could have said is "no comment." Yes, he threw the goaltenders under the bus, but in this case, they deserved it.

I attended both the London and Mississauga games and can honestly say the Spits would have won both with Mikey having an average day, nothing spectacular. He would have had the same offense and defense. Just stop the routine shots. Actually an average performance by an average OHL Goaltender would have won both. Brock Baier would have probably performed better.

Reactions: hockeylegend11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad