Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Just curious but since both teams are owned by the same group why wouldn’t Lasalle keep more spots open at least until training camp when things firm up.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
They are allowed 2 16 year olds. WR prefers to send kids back home if they don't make it. Easier on them. Not many make the jump back to A unless it's in the plan. Let's be honest other than your top 3 picks most don't make it long term into A. There are exceptions but it's not a high percentage.

Reactions: punch1943

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Haven't seen this posted in awhile - does anyone think DiPietro gets traded this year? :):popcorn:

I legit laughed.

As for LaSalle - my "thinking out loud" guess is that Windsor is going to sign someone who can't go to Jr B, so they're asking LaSalle to keep an option open for another player they like but who can go to Jr B. The "we like you both, but can only keep one" situation. I could be way off...

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
I legit laughed.

As for LaSalle - my "thinking out loud" guess is that Windsor is going to sign someone who can't go to Jr B, so they're asking LaSalle to keep an option open for another player they like but who can go to Jr B. The "we like you both, but can only keep one" situation. I could be way off...
If I had to hazard a guess I'd say they figure on getting Spencer Evans and putting Dylan Robinson with the Vipers. He could move up and down.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
If I had to hazard a guess I'd say they figure on getting Spencer Evans and putting Dylan Robinson with the Vipers. He could move up and down.

It's not a bad guess considering Robinson while born in Brantford,has Windsor connections,his mother was born here, grandparents are here,aunts and an uncle are here, pretty easy for him to settle in,I know the family,some of them season ticket holders.
He had a nice rookie camp got better as the scrimmage went on,has upside needs like most 16 year olds to get stronger.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
With all the rumors etc I do think its likely something is coming between the the Spits/Poles. Too many stars are llining up.

Reactions: punch1943

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Haven't seen this posted in awhile - does anyone think DiPietro gets traded this year? :):popcorn:

Who cares?!?!

I am more interested in getting into discussions about real fans vs bandwagon jumpers....

Hell, I’d even get into a discussion about the Knights and how they operate in the shadows!

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Sorry for my 2cents but hockey is 3weeks away from training camp or so. I am with OHLTG some action from any team is what us die hards live for. I am retired and love the OHL so how I or anyone else chooses to use their time is up to them. Not for anybody to criticize it's summer enjoy it. I am but how I do it is my business. Go for jog in 44 degree weather. What ever blows up your skirt as the saying goes it is none of my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad