Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
How do u even compare draft positions to playoff wins??! Talk about always moving the stakes. On a side note. Mark Hunter is back to the knights as GM.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
#64 featured on the "opening night" VIP contest flyer - me thinks there is a message in that.
Me thinks the underlying message is they will use whatever or whoever to bring in the $$$. I may be wrong but if I may hazard a guess, I suspect 99% of the STH have already put their money on the line....

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Well, this is interesting...

NA Central Scouting‏ @MarkSeidel 1m1 minute ago
DT: Michael DiPietro may be too good & it may end up hurting Windsor. Ideally, Warren Rychel would keep him until January & flip him to a contender for a huge return but I’m hearing rumblings the Canucks are seriously contemplating keeping him in the NHL if he has a good camp.

I don't see it happening.

Reactions: webegtodiffer

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
We've seen strange stuff happen over the last few seasons (Sergachev/Murphy). Do I expect it to happen? No. Is it possible, and make you think now that the tweet appeared? Yes.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Neither do I. No way Jose. I’d be very surprised to see him get much work in training camp. Time for a cup of coffee & hopefully a part of an exhibition game...

That is all I c.
They could hold him for the 9 games but he wouldn't play. Just get a lot of practice with the canucks. Good experience but I see him back.

Puckit97

Apr 8, 2017
Like everyone said I would be surprised if he made the NHL. Canucks have Markstrom and Nilsson on the roster. Not elite prospects but factor in Thatcher Demko who they see as a potential Elite goalie. If anything one of the two from last year start and Demko is the backup.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
We've seen strange stuff happen over the last few seasons (Sergachev/Murphy). Do I expect it to happen? No. Is it possible, and make you think now that the tweet appeared? Yes.

Seidel's tweets are meant to create conversation and you fell for it. There's a better chance Clayton Keller has an OA year in Windsor than DiPietro sticking with Vancouver.

Reactions: webegtodiffer

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
I don’t really consider what happened to these 2 strange. I’m sure they’d take Demko over Dipietro at this point and allow Mikey to be somewhere to play and not sit as a backup.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Sergachev making the NHL at 19 is pretty strange. It's not common, especially having a regular role. Murphy leaving was also a surprise to most Spits fans.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Seidel's tweets are meant to create conversation and you fell for it. There's a better chance Clayton Keller has an OA year in Windsor than DiPietro sticking with Vancouver.

It's generated a lot of talk on Twitter so if you're trying to imply it was only me who "fell for it", nope. I've also read his stuff for a while and I trust him with info more than a lot of others. Hence why my ears perked when he said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad