Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Going into next week, they possibly may be down to 9 Forwards. Garagan and Playfair possibly out with injuries, and Douglas with a possible suspension. Injuries happen, Suspensions happen, 3 game weekends happen, not having replacement players when things happen is ridiculous.

agreed.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor losses 6 to 3.
Spirit with too much offense.
The fin pulled again after 2 periods.
Not good.
Spits pp did score.
Penalty kill wasn't as good.
Defence lousy.
Spirit coasted in 3rd period.
Windsor didn't quit though. Tried till the end.

michael freeman

Dec 6, 2018
This teams D is horrible and nothing has been done to improve it
Why ?

There is a huge talent gap between Saginaw and Spits
Quite obvious tonight

Reactions: windsor7

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor losses 6 to 3.
Spirit with too much offense.
The fin pulled again after 2 periods.
Not good.
Spits pp did score.
Penalty kill wasn't as good.
Defence lousy.
Spirit coasted in 3rd period.
Windsor didn't quit though. Tried till the end.

Not going to fault Piironen no chance on all goals, 2 were PPG.
Proud dispite a short bench,of the effort they didn't quit,Inzce solid in relief,1st game in awhile that Cuylle and Foudy didn't get a point.
Still 2 points behind Sarnia as they were hammered last night 10-2 in Sarnia by Ottawa, and then blitzed again tonight in Flint 6-2.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Not going to fault Piironen no chance on all goals, 2 were PPG.
Proud dispite a short bench,of the effort they didn't quit,Inzce solid in relief,1st game in awhile that Cuylle and Foudy didn't get a point.
Still 2 points behind Sarnia as they were hammered last night 10-2 in Sarnia by Ottawa, and then blitzed again tonight in Flint 6-2.

Short bench is nobody's fault but Windsor's

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
So Douglas goes out and they put Boka with Foudy and Cuylle and you wonder why Foudy and Cuylle did not get any points??? Both Frasca and Campbell sitting on the bench? I think I am missing something with Boka as I don't see him beyond a 4th liner on the offensive side of the puck.

Angle had a nice game and the kids worked hard. But hard work does not always win you games when you play skill that works hard. We don't match up well against the top teams, we just don't have the skill level to compete with them. There is a big gap between the top 4 teams in this conference and the other 6. Saginaw was in 8th last year so there is always hope.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Short bench is nobody's fault but Windsor's

Not surprised you would say that,typical,even though they found out late today about Playfair ,and dont think they knew Douglas was going to be tossed 24 minutes into a game.
I have no problem going into a game with 18 or 19 bodies,dont expect to lose 2 before or early in the contest.
Know for a fact you wont change your rigid way with no room of thinking

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
So Douglas goes out and they put Boka with Foudy and Cuylle and you wonder why Foudy and Cuylle did not get any points??? Both Frasca and Campbell sitting on the bench? I think I am missing something with Boka as I don't see him beyond a 4th liner on the offensive side of the puck.

Angle had a nice game and the kids worked hard. But hard work does not always win you games when you play skill that works hard. We don't match up well against the top teams, we just don't have the skill level to compete with them. There is a big gap between the top 4 teams in this conference and the other 6. Saginaw was in 8th last year so there is always hope.

Agree.
Why was boka on that line.
He keeps getting all these opportunities. But nothing happens.
Just bad coaching.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Not surprised you would say that,typical,even though they found out late today about Playfair ,and dont think they knew Douglas was going to be tossed 24 minutes into a game.
I have no problem going into a game with 18 or 19 bodies,dont expect to lose 2 before or early in the contest.
Know for a fact you wont change your rigid way with no room of thinking

U wont change either.
Why r u calling me out?
U r just as bad.
Whos fault was it they were short?
Was it the spirits fault?
The leagues fault?
Just windsor's!!!

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

michael freeman

Dec 6, 2018
WR is to blame for poor coaching

You really think this team is a top 4 next year ?

Ask all the STH that question

You will get an honest answer

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
U wont change either.
Why r u calling me out?
U r just as bad.
Whos fault was it they were short?
Was it the spirits fault?
The leagues fault?
Just windsor's!!!

Why does it have to blame or fault
I call unfortunate circumstance to get players in.
Playfair thing came up late in day.
Would have been okay with 19 including Playfair for the game,losing Douglas,especially a forward just exacerbated an unfortunate situation.
No question things will be in time for next game.
You would still complain if they won,always got to find a reason to fault coach or management.
Before the last 10 games I would not have put Boka on a line with the kids,but Boka before tonight had scored in the last 3 games ,in other words a hot hand,and with 9 forwards left,with 4 of them rookies,3-16 year olds ,plus Frasca(17),important to put experience with everyone,had no problem tonight with how the 9 forwards were aligned after Douglas got tossed.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Why does it have to blame or fault
I call unfortunate circumstance to get players in.
Playfair thing came up late in day.
Would have been okay with 19 including Playfair for the game,losing Douglas,especially a forward just exacerbated an unfortunate situation.
No question things will be in time for next game.
You would still complain if they won,always got to find a reason to fault coach or management.
Before the last 10 games I would not have put Boka on a line with the kids,but Boka before tonight had scored in the last 3 games ,in other words a hot hand,and with 9 forwards left,with 4 of them rookies,3-16 year olds ,plus Frasca(17),important to put experience with everyone,had no problem tonight with how the 9 forwards were aligned after Douglas got tossed.

I just call it as I see it.
I am not one to spin things...….
Oh boo hoo Windsor is short handed. Unfortunate circumstances. HAHAHA that is something.
They have nobody else to blame.
Windsor will have to grit this out and see how the cards fall come March.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I just call it as I see it.
I am not one to spin things...….
Oh boo hoo Windsor is short handed. Unfortunate circumstances. HAHAHA that is something.
They have nobody else to blame.
Windsor will have to grit this out and see how the cards fall come March.

You do know they have till mid February to bring players dont you know,talking free agents,waived players including Euros.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
You do know they have till mid February to bring players dont you know,talking free agents,waived players including Euros.

Should bring up jr b player or two for the next game just to fill in a hole or two.
don't need to hear the players r tired.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Is coaching not responsible for how bad this teams defense is or do you live in land full of rainbows and flowers

Defense is a team game
How come you said nothing before the last 2 games,4 wins in a row and only 10 goals allowed, and 4 of them were in the 1st win of the 4,next 3 only 6,and only 4 were even strength
I wait for your excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad