Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
The players you are comparing on here are 19 year old draft picks in London/Guelph to 16-17 rookies in Windsor - how can you come to that conclusion when everything is not equal? - it is the old apples and oranges thing. Throw out numbers and "facts" that suit your narrative but this argument holds as much water as an already wet paper bag. Please show us comparable numbers before I for one will buy into your justifications.

No what I am saying is those 4 teams are thought to be contenders in this conference. Nowhere did I say Windsor should be in that group. How about this since you think it's such a narrative and you took this tone I will take those 4 teams and you get the rest of the western conference in the playoffs. I also wasn't comparing players I mentioned a few prior posts earlier the Spits had 8 draft eligible players going into this year now they only have 6. How many of those 6 get drafted? How many in the first 3 rounds?

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
No what I am saying is those 4 teams are thought to be contenders in this conference. Nowhere did I say Windsor should be in that group. How about this since you think it's such a narrative and you took this tone I will take those 4 teams and you get the rest of the western conference in the playoffs. I also wasn't comparing players I mentioned a few prior posts earlier the Spits had 8 draft eligible players going into this year now they only have 6. How many of those 6 get drafted? How many in the first 3 rounds?
What you said was Windsor is lacking in elite game changing talent. But your comparison is the 4-5 kids that might be drafted to the NHL in Windsor to draft picks on other teams who are 19. You are going with the assumption that these 16-17 are not elite talent. You can drawn these lines only after all these kids are 19 so why the comparison now? You are or sure look like you are comparing 16-17 struggling rookies to NHL talent. I see the 16-17 kids on the Spits as talent that will be real good when they are 19 but not really going to draw that line until then. If you want to compare the Spits that are 19 now to the other teams players that are 19 now then yes that would be a different conversation.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Ohloutsider. I agree cant compare 19 yr olds vs 16/17 yr olds.
I would like to see how Windsor and London stack up next year in 1st and 2nd year talent, draft picks ect...
Both sold off heavy last year. Vilardi, Brown, Day, Stanley, Luchuk, McEneny(?) Vs Pu, Militec, Thomas, Jones,...
London flipped the squad and a year later is looking to compete with a healthy group of youth and picks comoarable if not ahead of Windsor ( debatable i know, well the future picks arent)
London will still have Dunkley, McMichael, returns from Popov deal plus the picks from the sell off. Windsor will have Douglas or McDougall(?) And I'm not sure who else, maybe someone can fill in the blanks for me. My ignorance. Plus the picks from their sell off.
Add in Di Pi sold this year while London bought players.

Windsor by next year should be far ahead in the rebuild just at a quick glance.

Stranges, Panwar, Evangelista, Keane plus upcoming draft vs. D'amico, Cuylle ( I said this was a good move by Windsor and last time I oimped a Spits pick or pick up pre OHL playing time was DiPi so I know you got a good one) Foudy et al plus whatever each adds this draft n off season.
Should be an interesting comparison.
Im not interested in current stats as Windsor 16 yr old crew has gotten far more opportunity. And as a case with McMichael, Thomas before that its year 2 thats the big year.
Next year should show a more accurate picture of how the rebuilds went.

Last edited:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
What you said was Windsor is lacking in elite game changing talent. But your comparison is the 4-5 kids that might be drafted to the NHL in Windsor to draft picks on other teams who are 19. You are going with the assumption that these 16-17 are not elite talent. You can drawn these lines only after all these kids are 19 so why the comparison now? You are or sure look like you are comparing 16-17 struggling rookies to NHL talent. I see the 16-17 kids on the Spits as talent that will be real good when they are 19 but not really going to draw that line until then. If you want to compare the Spits that are 19 now to the other teams players that are 19 now then yes that would be a different conversation.

I don't think it's an assumption to say these 17 year olds aren't game changing talents. Keep in mind one of the draft eligible's is 18 in Angle so he's not part of the 17 year old group. The 17 year old group is Staois/D'Amico/Ladd/Frasca/Piroinen. We all hope one of them is a game changing talent but that's all it is at this point. All we can do is look at what they have done to this moment. In fact you could make the case if one became that game changing talent this year they probably would be in a better situation than they are now.

I don't think it's far fetched to seeing signs of guys being a game changing talent. Let's keep in mind as well there are probably only a handful to begin with. Out of those 5 for Windsor who is showing signs to possibly being that? Maybe 1? A push of 2?

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I don't think it's an assumption to say these 17 year olds aren't game changing talents. Keep in mind one of the draft eligible's is 18 in Angle so he's not part of the 17 year old group. The 17 year old group is Staois/D'Amico/Ladd/Frasca/Piroinen. We all hope one of them is a game changing talent but that's all it is at this point. All we can do is look at what they have done to this moment. In fact you could make the case if one became that game changing talent this year they probably would be in a better situation than they are now.

I don't think it's far fetched to seeing signs of guys being a game changing talent. Let's keep in mind as well there are probably only a handful to begin with. Out of those 5 for Windsor who is showing signs to possibly being that? Maybe 1? A push of 2?
It is an assumption because neither of us know what will happen when they are 19. Safe to say that kids change a lot as they grow and kids that are good now could get better or take a dip, heaven forbid we have already seen that this year. So your assumption is just that, a guess and yes you are one who will lean toward it "not turning out well". I have said on here that Ladd is a player that will be real good by the time he is 19 - that is my assumption and my guess. Does it make me right or wrong? We need to wait a couple of years to find out. My beef with your point is you got to compare things that are equal before you claim defeat.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Ohloutsider. I agree cant compare 19 yr olds vs 16/17 yr olds.
I would like to see how Windsor and London stack up next year in 1st and 2nd year talent, draft picks ect...
Both sold off heavy last year. Vilardi, Brown, Day, Stanley, Luchuk, McEneny(?) Vs Pu, Militec, Thomas, Jones,...
London flipped the squad and a year later is looking to compete with a healthy group of youth and picks comoarable if not ahead of Windsor ( debatable i know, well the future picks arent)
London will still have Dunkley, McMichael, returns from Popov deal plus the picks from the sell off. Windsor will have Douglas or McDougall(?) And I'm not sure who else, maybe someone can fill in the blanks for me. My ignorance. Plus the picks from their sell off.
Add in Di Pi sold this year while London bought players.

Windsor by next year should be far ahead in the rebuild just at a quick glance.

Stranges, Panwar, Evangelista, Keane plus upcoming draft vs. D'amico, Cuylle ( I said this was a good move by Windsor and last time I oimped a Spits pick or pick up pre OHL playing time was DiPi so I know you got a good one) Foudy et al plus whatever each adds this draft n off season.
Should be an interesting comparison.
Im not interested in current stats as Windsor 16 yr old crew has gotten far more opportunity. And as a case with McMichael, Thomas before that its year 2 thats the big year.
Next year should show a more accurate picture of how the rebuilds went.
Yes - again a little hard to compare this year as London players playing with some higher skilled guys but next year as some of the London players graduate I could see a good chance for parallel comparisons. A little harder to compare same age D to offensive players of the same age but I think this will be real interesting to watch.
And fyi MacDougall traded to Erie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad