Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Not saying he is incorrect. I agree even. But u do not throw players under the bus, ever! Teams struggling right now is enough. Team chose to go with a rookie tender and dealt for a mediocre back up they gotta ride the storm out with them. This will cost him credibility in the room without question.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Safe to say the goaltenders know that they need to play better & be better prepared. I don't think anyone goes out there to embarrass themself.
Why doesn't he call out the players who make lazy line changes or go off side chronically, or who will be making the same mistakes Thursday night that they have made sense the pre-season?
That stuff is just as obvious to any one who watches this team as the sub par goaltending of the last few games.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Do I agree that Piiroinen and Incze need to be better? Yes. Kari looks like he's fighting the puck and that's a mental thing. He hasn't looked the same since DiPietro left but he still has TONS of potential so I'm not worried. That said, Incze, while decent, isn't what the team needs. They need a guy who's been around for a few years with playing time (he had 41 career games before trade). This way, if Piiroinen struggles, the backup can take him aside and calm him down.

With that being said, calling out the goaltending in the media wasn't the right move. Even if you're asked "what's the top issue with this team?", you say "there isn't one thing that's a problem. It's a team-wide issue. We need to be better from top-to-bottom. You don't win individually and you don't lose individually."

It wasn't the way go go about it.

scokan

Nov 23, 2009
southern ontario
throwing players under the bus happens all the time and at all levels of play.. look no further then the dallas situation. so imo letowski comments aren't really concerning to me, as I stated before they were warranted. what does concern me though is how this team is playing in front of them, it seems like they got so use to being bailed out my MD that they forgot how to play defense. what's also concerning is I dont remember seeing too many players skating over to the goalies after goals for a little pick me up pad tap, have some of the players checked out with MD gone? how can the goalies have confidence in themselves when there seems to be less confidence in them?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Safe to say the goaltenders know that they need to play better & be better prepared. I don't think anyone goes out there to embarrass themself.
Why doesn't he call out the players who make lazy line changes or go off side chronically, or who will be making the same mistakes Thursday night that they have made sense the pre-season?
That stuff is just as obvious to any one who watches this team as the sub par goaltending of the last few games.

I would agree with this. He was probably asked about goaltending but instead of just talking of the goaltending he should have made this a whole encompassing issue. Yes the goalies need to make saves, yes the D has to stop pinching repeatedly giving up great chances the other way and the forwards need to start generating better chances. Even if Letowski had mentioned he needs to do a better job of putting players in better situations to succeed I would like it. Of course Letowski isn't going to do that though.

Reactions: OHLTG

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Go Mikey!! You use the Dallas situation as an example?!?! You sure know your hockey!!

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Cody Morgan has an assist on Flint's only goal tonight,as Flint plays Saginaw and is losing 4-1 with 5 minutes left in the 2nd.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
One of the weirdest bounces you'll ever see ties it up for Finland with 46s left. Tolvanen off the side of the net, off Heponiemi at the side of the net, and under DiPietro's blocker far side. Nothing DiPietro could have done.

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Luukkonen absolute class act the way he reacted with Mikey . Mikey is simply not as good as Ukka at this point unfortunately

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Finns win 2-1 in OT; broken stick in front of Luukkonen, Finns come the other way, and a wrist shot hits a stick and goes over DiPietro's glove. Heartbreaking loss but Mikey did everything he could.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Sudbury fan was bitter with your earlier comment clearly. Maybe they are Finnish citizen living in Sudbury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad