Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nofriendsinhockey

Aug 31, 2018
1st goal was the result of DiPietro's poor stick position
Why D men try and get their sticks in front of shots is beyond me. Mike had no chance on the 2nd

US will win this tournament

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
They won for a change over an injury riddled team,this coming from a guy who made up excuses for Sudbury.
As for Owen Sound even a blind squirrel catches the odd nut.

Will similar reasoning apply in a Windsor W without DiPi?
Im sure it will be different factors but ya never know.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
They won for a change over an injury riddled team,this coming from a guy who made up excuses for Sudbury.
As for Owen Sound even a blind squirrel catches the odd nut.
Yet their record is 4-3 since their players left. Didn’t make excuses for sudbury. Their back up goalie just isn’t very good. Kinda like our goalies. Can’t win when getting no goaltending.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Yet their record is 4-3 since their players left. Didn’t make excuses for sudbury. Their back up goalie just isn’t very good. Kinda like our goalies. Can’t win when getting no goaltending.

So,you admit Sudbury has missed their goalie,which is what I said,I know is what it is but teams miss star players in key positions all the time,its okay to say it's a factor if they lose or go in a slump right?
Teams dont like it but it's a fact.
Look no further then last year in League finals SSM best dman missed last 3 games of series Timmins,if you dont think it was a factor then u dont know the game.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
So,you admit Sudbury has missed their goalie,which is what I said,I know is what it is but teams miss star players in key positions all the time,its okay to say it's a factor if they lose or go in a slump right?
Look no further then last year in League finals SSM best dman missed last 3 games of series Timmins,if you dont think it was a factor then u dont know the game.

Everything you said is contrary to the point you have made constantly. You don't care about other teams only Windsor. Why do you care now how OS did after Christmas? Never mind we already know the answer to that. You're trying to correlate the trade of DiPietro to a team losing players at the WJ which doesn't make any sense. Moving DiPietro and being outscored 48-29 has nothing to do with any other and how they have played after Christmas.

Pick a 7, 9, 0r 12 game sample size to show how much better Windsor is than their record shows. Or better yet waste a lot of time typing up a 430 word soliloquy dedicated to me trying to get some laughs. Or try your best to stick up Letowski as if he's some type of tragic hero. Or better yet tell us how 3 Memorial Cups in 10 years make up for any drought of playoff success. Or tell us that it doesn't matter if you get the edge in calls by the officials it only matters if you take advantage of them.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
I’ve never disagreed about Sudbury. I stayed away from that cause goalies are much harder to overcome the loss of. And you can’t use a 3 game sample size when your argument is losing players to WJC tourney when they have played 7 games (6 or 5 when you started discussion). Lot easier to lose a forward and or Dman and over come it then it is losing a number 1 top of the league goalie. If you don’t think so then you don’t know the game.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Also if the Soo had above average goaltending they would have won probably won that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad