Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
For what its worth, there's an article on AM800s site that says WR is done with major deals but a couple minor ones still possible.
What it’s worth is fek all. The Gospel truth is something that flows from GMs lips as often as it does from the mouth of the Donald. If WR sees an opportunity to improve the Spits he’d trade his own son...:nod:

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
I’d hope someone like Stevenson is moved up front and not someone who should be in our top 6 next year. Our D needs all the practise and game situations it can.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
What it’s worth is fek all. The Gospel truth is something that flows from GMs lips as often as it does from the mouth of the Donald. If WR sees an opportunity to improve the Spits he’d trade his own son...:nod:
You mean Maddux is going to be traded!

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Twitter: There is a rule stating that if a player is sent back to his Junior club in February, he can play EVEN IF THAT TEAM DOES NOT HAVE ANY REMAINING CARDS.
Gabe Vilardi is property of the #LAKings

So rumour London will grab Vilardi and he will be able to play regardless of cards.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
That’s what I thought too. Never heard of this rule though. Regardless, I hope we still get our picks once Vilardi is officially sent back if he hasn’t been.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Just being sent back as in Vilardi.....does that mean Spits get those 2 conditional picks??

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Watching the game at home, announcers mentioned Spitfires made a minor move. Assume this is in regards to Campbell. I’ll take it, we need the bodies!

Reactions: OHLTG

member 71782

Adding Campbell is a free, warm body to add to a line up that doesn't have enough depth to put twelve forwards on the ice at this point.

While needed I don't have high expectations. He was just waived, all teams in all three leagues passed on him so Kitchener released him to make room for their youngsters to get icetime. If he can fill some minutes, play a steady role while Windsor's kids keep seeing more icetime there's nothing wrong with the addition. At the same time not having warm bodies within to provide needed depth speaks for itself.

I'm sure we see at least one more addition, maybe two if anyone else is moved. Need to be able to ice a full team every night.

Reactions: windsor7

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Watching the game at home, announcers mentioned Spitfires made a minor move. Assume this is in regards to Campbell. I’ll take it, we need the bodies!
They did mention it was Chase Campbell later in the conversation and said it would be announced in the morning and he would join them for the weekend. He has not been a scorer throughout his career.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
They did mention it was Chase Campbell later in the conversation and said it would be announced in the morning and he would join them for the weekend. He has not been a scorer throughout his career.

2 years ago he had 16 goals
A real solid, gritty defensive type guy that will help.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
There was a group bus in tonight from Germany. They were touring the Great Lakes area for games - Chicago, Detroit, Windsor, etc. Very loud and fun folks. Great European jerseys, too.

Reactions: KyGuy9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad