Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - WCQF Game 2: NSH @ ANA | 9:30 pm CT (7:30 PM Local)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Great job, Preds!!!!!! This is awesome!!! :yo:

Some huge saves by Pekka. Great, TIMELY goals!

I am just so proud of the guys for being smart and not falling into Anaheim's crap. I feel like we are getting into their heads, and they are falling for everything. Have to capitalize on the pps and really hurt them.

Stats were pretty even, except for faceoffs. Our wingers need to get in there and help out the centers if they can't win the draws. Playing with the puck is so much better than chasing it around!

Can. Not. Wait. For. Tuesday. :yo:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I know you are getting tired of my comparaisons with my home team Bern ...

who finished last of the teams qualifying for the playoffs and who became champions writing history about the first and only team who ended up last in the playoff places and became champion.

... but they played like the preds are playing ... back checking ... always in the face of the other team ... good goaltending ... all the team very "solidaire"(don't know the english word) ... and very aggressive on the game... very disciplined ... few (relative to PO average) penalties.

I am proud of the Preds !!! yoh ! hai ! hi ! hai ! hi ! hai ! hoooooo !

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
No, you didn't see that coming. After that Silfvernerg penalty we played a heck of a defensive game for 6 minutes. Even that goal wasn't a defensive breakdown. It was all on Rinne. So had Rinne stopped such a easy puck the game would've (should've) ended 3-1.

Someone has probably already told you by now but the shot deflected off of Josi. Nothing easy about it. Did Peks steal your girlfriend in high school or something?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Someone has probably already told you by now but the shot deflected off of Josi. Nothing easy about it. Did Peks steal your girlfriend in high school or something?

Yeah, I didn't know it got deflected so that's why I jumped on Rinne. It seemed like such an easy goal at first sight. With the deflection, a hard, nasty shot.

And no, but I'm having a hard time trusting after the horrible reg season where the other team delivered but he was the reason we lost on so many nights. I'm starting to gain more and more trust on him game by game.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yeah, I didn't know it got deflected so that's why I jumped on Rinne. It seemed like such an easy goal at first sight. With the deflection, a hard, nasty shot.

And no, but I'm having a hard time trusting after the horrible reg season where the other team delivered but he was the reason we lost on so many nights. I'm starting to gain more and more trust on him game by game.

to be honest, he had a horrible two months, from Thanksgiving to just before the ASG. Before and after, he's been pretty much great

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
to be honest, he had a horrible two months, from Thanksgiving to just before the ASG. Before and after, he's been pretty much great

He still had the occasional bad game here and there (although every player will have a bad game here and there). The fact that he was pulled twice in a week with less than 2 weeks to go in the season I think kinda tarnishes his great play and dependability for some fans. He hadn't been pulled all year and then Lavy pulls him there. I understand why (I think part was to keep his confidence up + rest), but I don't get why Lavy trusted him enough earlier in the year in those same settings and not that week.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
I'm so sick of the Ducks antics. I do love that despite how often they literally ran over Rinne that we didn't stoop to their level. Just shrugged it off and kept playing our game. Other than Neal tapping Gibson's mask (which I was not happy about) we've pretty much left Gibson all alone, oh I suppose that's because we don't need to run him over to score goals. I mean, that Ekholm goal today was so beautiful especially the work Wilson did surrounded by 3 Ducks just to get the puck to Ek.

Don't let up, keep the Ducks fuming and complaining about this and that and just play our game in front of the home crowd.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Seriously. The reason we are winning right now is our ability to get the Ducks off their game. We have to keep at it and frustrate them more. They are not a good 5v5 team. We have to continue to exploit that.

PeterLax

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think our series hinges on the play of Rinne, and so far we can see how that's been going. He's making some great saves, and is definitely the x-factor going forward. If he can keep up this play, I could see us going far.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
I think our series hinges on the play of Rinne, and so far we can see how that's been going. He's making some great saves, and is definitely the x-factor going forward. If he can keep up this play, I could see us going far.

Doesn't hurt that for the most part our D is suffocating the Ducks, especially when they try to enter the zone.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
You have to wonder how much the coaching staff has been preaching to the guys to not retaliate when the Ducks go full Ducks on them. Boudreau even knows his team is playing like idiots.

"We were just stupid out there," Boudreau said in a postgame press conference. "The penalties we take sometimes are just so selfish and so dumb."

"It was disappointing to us," Boudreau said when asked about the team's frustration level. "That's why we didn't get any power plays - because we're doing stupid stuff and they're just smiling and having a good old time."

Lightningbolt

Oct 24, 2014
Why the hell doesn't lavi scratch gaustad and bass for sissons and watson, that 4th line would be brilliant and the preds would have 4 solid lines all capable of scoring. Gaustad especially doesn't do anything positive on the ice, no skill whatsoever and is such a liability on offense. So annoying.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
You have to wonder how much the coaching staff has been preaching to the guys to not retaliate when the Ducks go full Ducks on them. Boudreau even knows his team is playing like idiots.

Its an obvious part of the Preds gameplan. Staying 5on5 is a huge tilt towrads us and we gotta keep it that way, while getting a PP here and there.

I feel like Boudreau is losing the locker room and the leadership guys in that Ducks locker room -cough PerryGetzlaf cough cough - are not doing their job to lead

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
bass has been good. i like his game with how Anaheim has played. gaustad has experience and can drop the gloves if need be I guess are the reasons. I'd like to see sissons over gaustad too.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Its an obvious part of the Preds gameplan. Staying 5on5 is a huge tilt towrads us and we gotta keep it that way, while getting a PP here and there.

I feel like Boudreau is losing the locker room and the leadership guys in that Ducks locker room -cough PerryGetzlaf cough cough - are not doing their job to lead

Oh they are leading by example :laugh:. That's the kind of example I'd like them to keep up as others may follow suit.

Lightningbolt

Oct 24, 2014
bass has been good. i like his game with how Anaheim has played. gaustad has experience and can drop the gloves if need be I guess are the reasons. I'd like to see sissons over gaustad too.

yeh tbf bass has been decent and usefull since the ducks are a physical team but sissons or watson have to play instead of gaustad, he's just useless in my opinion

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
veteran presence is about what i come up with. agreed on gaustad being close to useless. a little slow in transition with the speed of playoffs.

Lightningbolt

Oct 24, 2014
veteran presence is about what i come up with. agreed on gaustad being close to useless. a little slow in transition with the speed of playoffs.

Yeh I guess thats the main reason why he's in the lineup, but if i was lavi I wouldn't use that as a reason to play him, a lot of players on this team have playoff experience and can help the younger guys

Lightningbolt

Oct 24, 2014
I really hate the caps, and don't want them to win the cup, but I can't see anyone beating them 4 times in a series especially in the east

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015

For all his limitations, Goose plays really hard in the playoffs. He was working his ass off last night on the boards and the backcheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad