Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - WCQF Game 2: NSH @ ANA | 9:30 pm CT (7:30 PM Local)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
No, you didn't see that coming. After that Silfvernerg penalty we played a heck of a defensive game for 6 minutes. Even that goal wasn't a defensive breakdown. It was all on Rinne. So had Rinne stopped such a easy puck the game would've (should've) ended 3-1.

Not taking away from that defensive masterpiece. However not having any offensive zone time what so ever and constantly having to defend is not a recipe for success. So maybe saying "saw it coming" was a bit extreme. More like "it didn't shock me". Great group effort defensively either way. Love that extra push from guys like Arvy and Ribs.

Last edited:

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Yeah, very good chance we see Andersen next game. Gibson wasn't even a confirmed started until the very end of practice. That's common in the regular season, but less so in the playoffs to me.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Andersen isn't any better than Gibson. He wasn't anything special in last year's playoffs. In current form I'd say Andersen is worse than Gibson.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
Yeah, very good chance we see Andersen next game. Gibson wasn't even a confirmed started until the very end of practice. That's common in the regular season, but less so in the playoffs to me.

God I hope this doesn't bite us like the goalie switch last year.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
Watching the recap and I swear almost all of Weber's PP goals look exactly the same. I'm ok with that.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Before the series we said that we have a chance if Rinne plays up to his level.

He has and the series is 2-0. Safe to say that everyone of us was correct.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
Wow! At least Goudreau is telling it like it is. Summary: Our players were played like goons and Nashville laughed at us. Awesome!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Before the series we said that we have a chance if Rinne plays up to his level.

He has and the series is 2-0. Safe to say that everyone of us was correct.

Dude you've talked crap about Rinne both games until the final score was in our favor. You really have zero business commenting on Rinne.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I was hoping for a close loss, but I suppose that I can live with a victory, instead.

I wonder if the Ducks pull a Red Wings and change from Gibson to Andersen in game 3 and maybe beyond if they win.

It's very possible. Boudreau did exactly that in 2014, against LA, when the Ducks lost the first two games at home, and it sparked them to three straight victories. The only difference is that it was the other way around: Andersen started the series and was replaced with Gibson.

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Dude you've talked crap about Rinne both games until the final score was in our favor. You really have zero business commenting on Rinne.

I have the right to talk about him. I'm starting to gain more and more trust to him after that horrendous reg. season. He played really well tonight and I've said all along that if he plays up to his level we have a very good chance of winning this series. He still has something to prove in this series but he was tested tonight, especially early and managed to survive.

He's played well through the series and if he continues like that, we'll win this series. Others have delivered.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
What a game! The defensive play has been majestic so far this series and I mean from the forwards to the d-core. We are in their face at every turn. We are physical. We are back checking. We are supporting the puck. We are chipping pucks out the zone. It has been amazing to watch thus far. The Ducks look lost offensively. Neither team had much zone time offensively but I will take an ugly dump in chase game with Anaheim every day of the week. When they are able to run n gun is when their big stars are dangerous. This feels good man. Let's keep the momentum going at home.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I have the right to talk about him. I'm starting to gain more and more trust to him after that horrendous reg. season. He played really well tonight and I've said all along that if he plays up to his level we have a very good chance of winning this series. He still has something to prove in this series but he was tested tonight, especially early and managed to survive.

He's played well through the series and if he continues like that, we'll win this series. Others have delivered.

Before the game was over you were all about blaming Rinne, now all of the sudden he is awesome. Just shut it already.

wpgpreds

May 10, 2011
Wilson's looked really good so far.. Invisible in the regular season but if he can come up clutch when it counts I don't care that much..

Beautiful setup on Ek's goal, and another great one to Arvidsson that should've been buried - hope he can keep it up!

GO PREDS

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Before the game was over you were all about blaming Rinne, now all of the sudden he is awesome. Just shut it already.

Yeah, that was before I knew the puck got deflected in that 3-2 goal. At first I thought it went straight and that would've been a catchable puck even for me. But it got deflected so it was a difficult shot hence not Rinne's fault. Rinne hasn't let any softies in this series, which he did a lot in the reg. season.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
Oh yeah. Closing notes before I try to calm down and sleep. F-you Anaheim!

CgS5BBCUIAAm4JJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad