Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - WCQF Game 2: NSH @ ANA | 9:30 pm CT (7:30 PM Local)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
For all his limitations, Goose plays really hard in the playoffs. He was working his ass off last night on the boards and the backcheck.

everyone works their ass off in the playoffs. effort is rarely the problem this time of year. skill sets start to show here. that's why I think we can make a run if rinne plays well with guys like forsberg, ryjo, and neal being able to get the offense going. just don't see what gaustad brings other than leadership I guess. everyone hustles and finishes check.

Lightningbolt

Oct 24, 2014
everyone works their ass off in the playoffs. effort is rarely the problem this time of year. skill sets start to show here. that's why I think we can make a run if rinne plays well with guys like forsberg, ryjo, and neal being able to get the offense going. just don't see what gaustad brings other than leadership I guess. everyone hustles and finishes check.

Exactly

Lightningbolt

Oct 24, 2014
Hustle and checking isn't a problem on this team, come playoff time scoring gets more difficult which is why you need depth on offense and more guys capable of creating chances.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Goose needs to teach Ribeiro some face off skills; bit late to teach an old dog new tricks, but man he was 0-5 last night and 1-12 in Game 1. Lavi clearly trying to limit him at the dot in Game 2. Credit to the Ducks though at the dot, Kesler is one of the best in the league.

And something I just noticed reading the box scores for the FO stats:

-In game 1, we won 3-2 having allowed 29 shots with Rinne saving 27 of them for a 931SV%
-In game 2, we won 3-2 having allowed 29 shots with Rinne saving 27 of them for a 931SV%

zomg illuminati

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
And still my favorite moment from last night other than the final horn:

thank you! when that happened I was wondering who the Duck was that bounced off him like he was in a Jackass skit...

the Fox feed was from the other side and I couldn't tell until I saw that view that FF threw a butt cheek right into him

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
If Getzlaf spent as much time talking to his linemates as he does with the refs maybe they'd execute better.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
This series is just going to get harder as we go cause you know the Ducks are going to come out full force now for the next game as it's do or die. Hoping our team is prepared to battle the next game, stay focused, focus on their game, and keep this momentum going.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Also I'm expecting the Ducks to probably change goalies. Hope the Preds figure out the other goalie quickly if the Ducks do make a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad