Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - WCQF Game 2: NSH @ ANA | 9:30 pm CT (7:30 PM Local)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Thank you to Preds33 for providing some quality GDT graphics!

G2_head.png

TONIGHT WE DINE ON DUCK SOUP!

NASHVILLE LINES

G2_lineup.png

ANAHEIM LINES
[Note: I have seen no definitive lines update on Twitter or elsewhere; asked the Ducks board and will update if necessary. Know Bieksa may be in the mix and not sure on Gibson vs Andersen]

McGinn / Getzlaf / Perry
Silfverberg / Tumbleweed / Cogliano
Wagner / Thompson / Garbutt
Stewart / Horcoff / Santorelli

Fowler / Theodore
Lindholm / Despres
Bieksa / Vatanen
[Bieksa confirmed; took current pairings from Ducks forum conjecture]

Gibson (confirmed starter)
Andersen

LET'S GO PERDS! MOAR HUMAN ROCKETSHIP!

82470969.gif

82470970.gif

82470971.gif

82470973.gif

82470974.gif

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Pucks in deep
Get a forecheck goin
Pucks in deep
Get your legs movin
Pucks in deep
Smash a face or two
Pucks in deep
Shoot it at his ears
Pucks
In
Deep

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Just win; go Perds! This game is going to be a brawl, so come out hard and stay disciplined; we absolutely cannot take as many penalties as we did last game. Weather the early storm from ANA, play your game, and pounce like...well Predators.

Is Manson back in the lineup for the Ducks tonight? I thought he was dead according to Anaheim fans.

I can't even confirm that Gibson is starting right now; I will update when I hear back from ANA fans.

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Going to be a lot tougher game to win. Important to get the first goal again and not let them dictate the game. Skate to throat Preds and don't let them back up again. :handclap:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Just don't suck Preds! Okay you can suck as long as you just win/get the "W".

It worked last time so posting again.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I don't expect them to win this one, so what I'm more looking for is that it be a close game. You just don't want the Ducks to win handily, get a lot of confidence and make it look like you're heading back home with your tail between your legs. If, instead, the Preds lose a close game, it'll feel more like an advantage heading back home, rather than a regroup, and they'll have more confidence for Game 3.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I don't expect them to win this one, so what I'm more looking for is that it be a close game. You just don't want the Ducks to win handily, get a lot of confidence and make it look like you're heading back home with your tail between your legs. If, instead, the Preds lose a close game, it'll feel more like an advantage heading back home, rather than a regroup, and they'll have more confidence for Game 3.

I keep hearing people say this- but to me, no matter what happens tonight, even if its a worst case scenario tonight we have done our job- at least get a split.

With a split in hand, the series is now a 5 game series and we have home ice. No way we are coming home with out tail between our legs....

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I keep hearing people say this- but to me, no matter what happens tonight, even if its a worst case scenario tonight we have done our job- at least get a split.

With a split in hand, the series is now a 5 game series and we have home ice. No way we are coming home with out tail between our legs....

Yes, a split is a split, but how the game transpires matters greatly. Let's not fool ourselves. The Ducks winning 1-0 in OT off of a fluke shot, like the Blues did in Game 1, is a lot different than them winning 5-0 with Perry, Getzlaf, Perron and Silfverberg all having multi-point games. Getting those guys going is a scary thing, wouldn't you agree? Of course the Preds have already done their job, but how this game plays out still matters for the rest of the series.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Please baby Jesus don't let Bieksa be healthy. I don't want to watch that ****in goon. You know he will pull a ***** move and go after Arvy. It's gonna be a late game, I don't need the extra blood pressure if watching that no class bum on the ice.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Yes, a split is a split, but how the game transpires matters greatly. Let's not fool ourselves. The Ducks winning 1-0 in OT off of a fluke shot, like the Blues did in Game 1, is a lot different than them winning 5-0 with Perry, Getzlaf, Perron and Silfverberg all having multi-point games. Getting those guys going is a scary thing, wouldn't you agree? Of course the Preds have already done their job, but how this game plays out still matters for the rest of the series.

I hear what you are saying, but I am a big student of sports history, and if you go back and look at history/playoff results, it really isn't true. There are so many highs and lows in a playoff series- its a process- and one result more times than not has very little bearing on the other games. Just go back and look at playoff results- even teams that win series have extreme lows.

Look at Detroit/TB last year as one example. First round series. At one point in the series TB could not score at all, and lost game five 4-0 at home to go down 3 games to 2. But they rallied, won the series, and went all the way to the finals.

Also, Caps/NYR last year. Caps were dominating the series and were 2 minutes away from winning the series 4-1. But NYR scored a late tying goal, and went on the win the series.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
Love the GDT. Just win.
Won't be able to watch; but couldn't last time either, so I could be a good luck charm.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I hear what you are saying, but I am a big student of sports history, and if you go back and look at history/playoff results, it really isn't true. There are so many highs and lows in a playoff series- its a process- and one result more times than not has very little bearing on the other games. Just go back and look at playoff results- even teams that win series have extreme lows.

Look at Detroit/TB last year as one example. First round series. At one point in the series TB could not score at all, and lost game five 4-0 at home to go down 3 games to 2. But they rallied, won the series, and went all the way to the finals.

Also, Caps/NYR last year. Caps were dominating the series and were 2 minutes away from winning the series 4-1. But NYR scored a late tying goal, and went on the win the series.

I hear what you're saying, too, but you're picking out examples where a team came back from an extreme low and are neglecting all of the examples where a team was embarrassed and didn't come back. It stands to reason that there have probably been 9 of those for every 1 time that a team rebounded. If you're going to put a great deal of weight on playoff history, then that failure rate has to carry a lot more than the tiny success rate.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I hear what you're saying, too, but you're picking out examples where a team came back from an extreme low and are neglecting all of the examples where a team was embarrassed and didn't come back. It stands to reason that there have probably been 9 of those for every 1 time that a team rebounded. If you're going to put a great deal of weight on playoff history, then that failure rate has to carry a lot more than the tiny success rate.

But does a 9:1 ratio really stand to reason? I don't have time to research it at the moment. That just seems really high.

I am with you to an extent though. I want a win. A close loss would be preferable if we are going to lose. I won't read too much into a blow out, but I don't want to see one. Injuries are a bigger concern than a blow out. Absolutely no injuries.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Get the WIN.
Play smart, play with passion, play tough, play to WIN.
They're going to come out tougher tonight. They're waiting to strike like a wounded animal. Wound them some more.
No injuries. No stupid penalties...and if you get one be a man and don't make it worse.
Don't let them push anyone around. Protect your goaltender. Protect your end of the ice.
Take the crowd out early with excellent plays that result in scores.

Watch out for Perry and Bieksa if he's in. They'll be out for blood.

Go Preds!

There might be cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: