Speculation: Win or Lose against Carolina?

Win and Advance? Or Lose for Laf?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Losing doesn't just bring up your chance of lottery win...it brings up your overall draft position by at least 8 spots.

The remnants of the win now crowd have been, as usual, too quick to jump the gun.
We're ready, feel our oats, we owned the last 3 wks of the regular season!!
THE CUP IS OURS!!!
Already!!!! Why even bother playing the games???

Not so fast.
We have made remarkable progress in 2 short years.
For this we should take stock, be aware and be grateful.

However, IMO, we are not quite there.
We need to go back 1-2 steps now to advance 3-5 steps more not too far down the road.

Then we will legit be competing, no ?, with reasonable claim to being a contenda.

Now I wouldn't throw the games but I would play Staal and Smith until they drop, and a coupla other such moves.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Who would wish for us to lose at this point? I don't get it. I agree we are a huge long shot to do much in the playoffs, with the inexperience and lack of depth. But winning the play in round and getting some experience would be great for this squad.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Speaking of beating the Canes, I see that the puck line on the series for NYR -2.5 is +750. Is it really that unlikely we end up outscoring them by 3 goals or more?

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
lol. I don't generally gamble, but I was thinking about putting up $117 to win $1,000. If we sweep it's a guaranteed win! :)

Those odds definitely look worth a stab!

I have a very hard time believing that there isn't at least a 12% chance that we outscore them by 3+ for the series.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Those odds definitely look worth a stab!

I have a very hard time believing that there isn't at least a 12% chance that we outscore them by 3+ for the series.

What's nice about that bet is I can lose and the odds are still decent that the Rangers advance!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Not to me. Every team would be dealing with this. I would only be a bit sad because it likely wouldn't be celebrated properly (like a cup victory parade in the city, etc.)
This is a very valid point and something probably not too many people really even thought about. Whatever team does win the cup, there is just no way that it can be properly celebrated. People are still going to have to social distance, and will endanger lives if there is the typical celebration. It's a shame though, as however you want to look at it there will be an asterisk beside that 2019-20 season but disagree that it will be "tainted". Teams that had momentum going towards the playoffs will have lost that momentum. So if not anything else it evened out the playing field and there are some teams that might have a better chance now.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
wasn't today the day the extended rosters were to be announced?
or, was it extended, like the deadline to opt out, which was originally Tuesday ,but then became 3 days after RTP/CBA ratification?
so maybe 5 days after ratification?
that's getting very close to Camps, which begin sometime next week, IIRC

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
wasn't today the day the extended rosters were to be announced?
or, was it extended, like the deadline to opt out, which was originally Tuesday ,but then became 3 days after RTP/CBA ratification?
so maybe 5 days after ratification?
that's getting very close to Camps, which begin sometime next week, IIRC

the start of phase 3 and opening camps was pushed back to July 13th but I'm sure that is contingent on the vote to ratify the new deal going thru on both sides. not that I don't expect it to go thru, just not sure if there might be any delays getting all the players votes back.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Speaking of beating the Canes, I see that the puck line on the series for NYR -2.5 is +750. Is it really that unlikely we end up outscoring them by 3 goals or more?
Is there any way to get on this online within NYS? Lmfao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad