Proposal: WIN - COL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Actually, the Jets are not desperate for defencemen in their pipeline. They have Heinola, who showed very well in his stint as an 18 year old and the highly regarded Dylan Samberg, who might actually step in later this year.

What the Jets do need is an actual top 4 RHD with term, nothing of which is being offered here.

This proposal was crafted by legitimate beat writers by the way lol so if you want to throw shade throw it that way. I simply stood up for Timmins as a prospect and got roasted for thinking he'd be one of the better jets D prospects if moved there. Glad you made the point of highly regarded prospects though considering I got flamed for thinking Timmins was also in that category.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
For those blasting me for regarding Timmins as a top prospect and saying that other avs fans are embarrassed by me or roasting me for creating this proposal when it isnt close to the case. Classic case of knowing your own guys and what they bring.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200213_185644_com.twitter.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20200213_185644_com.twitter.android.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 5

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
For those blasting me for regarding Timmins as a top prospect and saying that other avs fans are embarrassed by me or roasting me for creating this proposal when it isnt close to the case. Classic case of knowing your own guys and what they bring.

What the hell are you on about now. It was a pathetic trade offer for Ehlers. You have already admitted as such by taking the L.

Why are you so fixated on trying to prove yourself right when you already admitted you were wrong? LOL

Nedarb

Feb 19, 2019
What the hell are you on about now. It was a pathetic trade offer for Ehlers. You have already admitted as such by taking the L.

Why are you so fixated on trying to prove yourself right when you already admitted you were wrong? LOL
At least it’s not from 2 years ago lol

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

The last two replies I got implied I made up the proposal. And that I'm the only one who thinks Timmins is highly touted and other avs fans are embarrassed by me. Simply showing avs fans didn't like the idea of giving up Timmins and that it wasn't my proposal originally. I'm not fixated on anything, If someone's going to reply to me and take shots I'll provide the facts

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
So you are taking about a guy like Byram right? I wouldn't say he is destroying juniors...his play has really dropped off this year, but I think you just made my point. Byram would never get a player like connor or ehler...cause you know what...there are players that destroy juniors that never make the NHL....thanks for making my point for me. if you were a little brighter you would have had this figured out hours ago, but I am glad I helped out.

Did I say Byram? How do we go from talking to about Timmins and Ehlers to MacKinnon and Byram and you have the audacity to bring up my intelligence all the while snitching when I called you a name that hurt your feelings lmao. Byrams point totals are on track, his goals are down but he has 14 pts in his last 6 games and is willing his team into the playoffs. But yeah your right avs wouldn't trade Byram for Ehlers and a trade like that hasn't happened in any recent memory because giving up a cost controlled expansion draft exempt assett with #1 D potential is ridiculous. And didn't you flame me for stat watching? You telling me been watching byram? Remind me of the last time team Canada iced an 18 year old as their top defensive dman. Hes more than offensive.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The last two replies I got implied I made up the proposal. And that I'm the only one who thinks Timmins is highly touted and other avs fans are embarrassed by me. Simply showing avs fans didn't like the idea of giving up Timmins and that it wasn't my proposal originally. I'm not fixated on anything, If someone's going to reply to me and take shots I'll provide the facts

Doesn't matter whether you made the proposal up, what matters was how vehemently you were defending it after proposing it in this thread. Your best course of action is to let it lie and pretend it never happened. lol

You are extremely high on Timmins - we get it. Doesn't change anything.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Doesn't matter whether you made the proposal up, what matters was how vehemently you were defending it after proposing it in this thread. Your best course of action is to let it lie and pretend it never happened. lol

You are extremely high on Timmins - we get it. Doesn't change anything.

Holy man your calling me fixated? Go to page one comment one and tell me again i proposed this deal. Jesus christ I wasn't even replying to you and you jumped back in

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
So tired of the 5 on 5 arguments, power play goals count just as much as a 5 on 5 goal on the score sheet. You can compare Ehlers to Rantanen when he puts up over 90 points.
Thats the thing though. Because of a stacked top end to the Jets Ehlers dosnt really get PP time so its hard to compare anything but 5v5

Reactions: hn777

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Holy man your calling me fixated? Go to page one comment one and tell me again i proposed this deal. Jesus christ

You defended the deal with misguided passion. What difference does it make? You actually thought it was a fair deal when everyone (and i mean EVERYONE) thinks you were insane!

Reactions: Snowman

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
You defended the deal with misguided passion. What difference does it make? You actually thought it was a fair deal when everyone (and i mean EVERYONE) thinks you were insane!

And I just posted something that shows a fan base that also felt the same as me but yet you keep saying EVERYONE disagrees. I can't provide factual info that proves your statements against me wrong without being told I'm fixated? Cool beans dude.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
And I just posted something that shows a fan base that also felt the same as me but yet you keep saying EVERYONE disagrees. I can't provide factual info that proves your statements against me wrong without being told I'm fixated? Cool beans dude.

So what are you saying now? That you believe the proposed trade was fair? LOL

Are you "taking the W"? hahahahah

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
So what are you saying now? That you believe the proposed trade was fair? LOL

Are you "taking the W"? hahahahah

I wasn't even replying to you and you decided to come back at me. I was accused of making the proposal and proved otherwise. I was told all avs fans disagree with me and I proved otherwise. I was told that Timmins is isn't even close to Bouchard and proved otherwise. You keep running around in circles trying to make me look bad and it's hilarious. I love that I'm the main focus of your evening

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
It isn't my proposal and the majority of my debate was defending the quality of Timmins as a player. And I haven't seen one avs fan come at me for saying Timmins is a stud. Because he is.
Timmons is also a kid who missed a year due to injury and has a decent but inconsistent year in the minors this year. So two red flags right there. He may or may not be a stud (or a bust), but it's too already to say which way it will go (or, more likely, where he will end up in the middle). That's just a fact.

As a jets fan, i wouldn't mind having him in our prospect pool at all. tThat said, having him as the main piece in an ehlers trade is insane. If we trade ehlers, it needs to be for a guy whose unknowns are in the past. We need to know EXACTLY what were getting, and it needs to be a RHD under 27 with term/team control who can step into top 4 shutdown role.

That's why jets fans are telling you to pound sand.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I wasn't even replying to you and you decided to come back at me. I was accused of making the proposal and proved otherwise. I was told all avs fans disagree with me and I proved otherwise. I was told that Timmins is isn't even close to Bouchard and proved otherwise. You keep running around in circles trying to make me look bad and it's hilarious. I love that I'm the main focus of your evening

But here's the facts. The proposal was horribad regardless of whether you proposed it or not. Timmins is no where near Bouchard. There is more than PPG average. You are extremely homeristic. But that is understandable.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Timmons is also a kid who missed a year due to injury and has a decent but inconsistent year in the minors this year. So two red flags right there. He may or may not be a stud (or a bust), but it's too already to say which way it will go (or, more likely, where he will end up in the middle). That's just a fact.

As a jets fan, i wouldn't mind having him in our prospect pool at all. tThat said, having him as the main piece in an ehlers trade is insane. If we trade ehlers, it needs to be for a guy whose unknowns are in the past. We need to know EXACTLY what were getting, and it needs to be a RHD under 27 with term/team control who can step into top 4 shutdown role.

That's why jets fans are telling you to pound sand.

I hear that man, been going back and forth over Ehlers MacKinnon arguments and wether Timmins is a good prospect or not, it's entirely strayed from wether or not it's a fair deal. My post with the picture of the Twitter poll just proves that fan bases show huge bias as the avs fans didn't like the idea of this proposal for Ehlers. Lots of perspective involved. Thank you for the fair debate.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
But here's the facts. The proposal was horribad regardless of whether you proposed it or not. Timmins is no where near Bouchard. There is more than PPG average. You are extremely homeristic. But that is understandable.

Are you gonna provide facts that Timmins is nowhere near Bouchard?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Are you gonna provide facts that Timmins is nowhere near Bouchard?

Do i really need to? Bouchard being a year younger and who was nominated to the AHL allstar team while Timmins was not even a top D performer on his AHL team (his coach's words)? D

I mean can you try to remove your obvious Avs bias and quit while you are way way way behind?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I hear that man, been going back and forth over Ehlers MacKinnon arguments and wether Timmins is a good prospect or not, it's entirely strayed from wether or not it's a fair deal. My post with the picture of the Twitter poll just proves that fan bases show huge bias as the avs fans didn't like the idea of this proposal for Ehlers. Lots of perspective involved. Thank you for the fair debate.
Regardless of how people view Timmins as a prospect, there seems to be universal agreement that he's not enough to structure a deal for ehlers around.

The issue between the jets and the Avs is that of you want ehlers in a 1-1, you have nobody of equal value (I maintain that the only way the jets move him). We need d... girard and zadorov are below his value, and makar is much above.

I can say for certain that none of our young core will be traded for futures. There's just no point.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Do i really need to? Bouchard being a year younger and who was nominated to the AHL allstar team while Timmins was not even a top D performer on his AHL team (his coach's words)? D

I mean can you try to remove your obvious Avs bias and quit while you are way way way behind?

So because he's a year younger and made the all star team that was selected while Timmins was out injured for a month means Timmins isn't even close? And you're statements are supposed to be credible? Did I say he's better? Nope but he's definitely more than "not even close" lmao. You have provided zero facts but instead just resort to calling me bias. Imagine thinking the all star game gagues talent level. Quinn Hughes went to the all star game and Makar is ahead of him in the Calder race according to every legit hockey source so I'm sorry but you look ridiculous telling me Timmins "isn't even close" to Bouchard cause he went to the all star game. Go away.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
So because he's a year younger and made the all star team that was selected while Timmins was out injured for a month means Timmins isn't even close? And you're statements are supposed to be credible? Did I say he's better? Nope but he's definitely more than "not even close" lmao. You have provided zero facts but instead just resort to calling me bias. Imagine thinking the all star game gagues talent level. Quinn Hughes went to the all star game and Makar is ahead of him in the Calder race according to every legit hockey source so I'm sorry but you look ridiculous telling me Timmins "isn't even close" to Bouchard cause he went to the all star game. Go away.

Why not start a thread and ask the question to the general populous of HF posters then. If you are so confident about this. Because, you will get schooled like you did in this thread and have to take the L again. Like that idiotic attempt to defend 1st + B prospect plus bust for Ehlers. When you B prospect makes blunders every game and isn't a top performer on his AHL team! I mean, that kind of feedback from the coach and beat writer trumps any stats that you could possibly dream up to compare a B prospect to Bouchard.

My favorite is when you used a Pronman ranking from 2 years ago to support your B prospect. lol

I am surprised you aren't claiming your bust (Jost) is a grade A player.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So Timmons = Addison?

Personally I'd prefer Timmins over Addison but ya, they're both pretty similar in terms of upside.

Lol. Thinking 28 year old Zucker has a similar value to 23 year old Ehlers when Ehlers has the same amount of points as Zucker in 101 less games, shows an incredible lack of hockey knowledge.

Actually... Using points to justify your opinion is a pretty good show of just how "knowledgeable" you are.

Ehlers is worth more, but not a tonne more. He's become pretty overrated after a couple good years, he's looking more and more like a 50-55 point 2nd liner than he is a 65+ point 1st liner people seem to value him as.

Both he and Zucker are solid 2nd line Wings but not 1st line guys if you're serious about contending to win.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Why not start a thread and ask the question to the general populous of HF posters then. If you are so confident about this. Because, you will get schooled like you did in this thread and have to take the L again. Like that idiotic attempt to defend 1st + B prospect plus bust for Ehlers. When you B prospect makes blunders every game and isn't a top performer on his AHL team! I mean, that kind of feedback from the coach and beat writer trumps any stats that you could possibly dream up to compare a B prospect to Bouchard.

Stop fixating on one opinion you found lmao. I've provided AHL sources that say he's a top performer, I've shown that Timmins is the top scoring dman on the team by a mile the last 16 games, I've provided the fact that pre injury he was a top 50 prospect and the only reason he dropped was due to injury. Find me a first year pro that doesn't make mistakes? You've implied I don't know hockey but seem to think 30 games and a few rookie mistakes bumps Timmins off the top prospect list. You are comical. Anyone who says one guy is not even close to the other because one made a fan voted all star team tells me enough about how credible your opinion is. Any L I took was just reimbursed with your ridiculous attempts at comparing two players over an all star game. Hold the L and stop obsessing over me, im in your head at this point buddy

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Stop fixating on one opinion you found lmao. I've provided AHL sources that say he's a top performer, I've shown that Timmins is the top scoring dman on the team by a mile the last 16 games, I've provided the fact that pre injury he was a top 50 prospect and the only reason he dropped was due to injury. Find me a first year pro that doesn't make mistakes? You've implied I don't know hockey but seem to think 30 games and a few rookie mistakes bumps Timmins off the top prospect list. You are comical. Anyone who says one guy is not even close to the other because one made a fan voted all star team tells me enough about how credible your opinion is.

Anyone who thinks Timmins is close to Bouchard is insane! And you have proven that with your ridiculous homeristic defense of Ehlers for late 1st, Timmins and Bust.

I mean, you are dead in the water with that one. There is no way to defend your complete lack of understanding of player value and fair value. Why? Because you can't see past the color of the jersey.

But keep continuing to dig yourself a hole....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad