Proposal: WIN - COL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The questions surrounding Timmins’ future in hockey had nothing to do with his ability to play the game at a high level, nor anything to do with potential issues involving the rookie’s character, work ethic, or ability to progress as a top-tier prospect.
With a strong 2019-20 showing so far, it is safe to make the argument that Timmins, despite suffering a career-altering injury, is no longer a question mark on the blue line for Colorado, but an asset.

Right off the AHL website.

Yesterday, Corey Pronman - prospects writer at The Athletic - released his list of Top-50 NHL prospects and there were two names that should look pretty familiar to Colorado Avalanche fans. Both Cale Makar (12) and Conor Timmins (46) were listed among the best drafted prospect in hockey..

Top 50 prospect in all the NHL? Interesting take from actual hockey people, isn't that what you wanted?

Pronman's article was well over a year ago. In fact, 2 years ago. Did you check his latest rankings? Timmins no where to be seen!

Why?
But the fact remains that Timmins consistently makes large, costly errors in nearly every game.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Hey coach, why doesnt Timmons get called up?

Oh look, an actual quote / article from recent times. Like 2 months ago. Where Timmins is not very studly.

Avaholic meanwhile posts a pronman article from 2 years ago. hahahahahahaha

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Pronman's article was well over a year ago. Did you check his latest rankings? Timmins no where to be seen!

Why?
But the fact remains that Timmins consistently makes large, costly errors in nearly every game.

He's 90th in the top 100 as of right now. Pretty impressive for someone who's played 30 hockey games in 2 years lmao. The fact jets fans are trying to ridicule me about our players is priceless. Enjoy being spanked year after year by the avs and Timmins :)

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He's 90th in the top 100 as of right now. Pretty impressive for someone who's played 30 hockey games in 2 years lmao. The fact jets fans are trying to ridicule me about our players is priceless. Enjoy being spanked year after year by the avs and Timmins :)

LOL, you make everyone in this thread smile!

Reactions: Nedarb

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Oh look, an actual quote / article from recent times. Like 2 months ago. Where Timmins is not very studly.

Avaholic meanwhile posts a pronman article from 2 years ago. hahahahahahaha

Once again, disregards the very recent quotes from the AHL itself hahaha. How's heinola holding up? Numbers don't look very good. He must suck.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
If you know anything about hockey you know upside is a factor. MacKinnon played for terrible avs teams. Ehlers has been exposed to scheifle and wheeler out the gate. To imply Ehlers upside is even in the same realm as MacKinnon is foolish. To compare the best dman in the draft to KK who most Habs fans didn't want at 3 OA is silly too. Another factor is the quality of drafts. We can also say Makar is a 4th overall and it'd be absolutely absurd to trade him for Ehlers considering he's scoring at a similar clip from the Blueline. Even before Makar played an NHL game you could see the upside just from watching him. That's kind of how scouting works my friend. Saying Timmins is a stud is far from being a homer.
Wow that is a lot of nothing....but but...upside....but but mac played for a terrible team, but but ehlers out performed mac....but but they aren't compatible.... Do you even read the crap you write? It's funny how no one is aiding with your opinion. Even other Avs fans are embarrassed by you

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'm glad, must not be very many smiles being a jets fan these days.

I dunno, i'm not a Jets fan!

bahahahaha

I asked Coach Bednar why Conor Timmins isn't in the NHL picture, especially with Makar out. Said Timmins just isn't one of top-performing D for CO Eagles.

Reactions: hn777 and Snowman

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

bahahahaha

I asked Coach Bednar why Conor Timmins isn't in the NHL picture, especially with Makar out. Said Timmins just isn't one of top-performing D for CO Eagles.

Cool

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

bahahahaha

I don't think you're posting it big enough. Maybe if you increase the size a little more a spam it a few more times it'll become true.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
I don't think you're posting it big enough. Maybe if you increase the size a little more a spam it a few more times it'll become true.

He's grasping at straws as it is. Just let him feel big and tough on the internet cause lord knows that's the only place he feels that way.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Hahaha! So angry. Here's some perspective for you. Go to the Drouin for Byram thread and read how some of those Hab fans feel about Drouin's worth. You are worse.

I've seen the thread and Drouin has proven year after year what he is. I'm saying a prospect who missed a full year of hockey and is now putting up very impressive numbers in his first year pro is a stud prospect how is that even close to the same.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Pronman's article was well over a year ago. In fact, 2 years ago. Did you check his latest rankings? Timmins no where to be seen!

Why?

Do you think maybe he dropped in the rankings due to not playing an entire year? Fact is he was considered top 50 and an A prospect and then got hurt, now in his first 30 pro games he has 19 pts and has been one of the better two way defensemen on the team, the fact he isn't a call up, you think bringing him up to sit in the press box or play 10-12 min a night is beneficial? For someone who claims I don't know hockey you sure are stubborn to the fact Timmins is a solid prospect and even if you don't like the package which I've admitted to not making sense cause Ehlers has solid term left, disregarding him as a prospect all together is a joke.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I've seen the thread and Drouin has proven year after year what he is. I'm saying a prospect who missed a full year of hockey and is now putting up very impressive numbers in his first year pro is a stud prospect how is that even close to the same.

You read what I said.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Do you think maybe he dropped in the rankings due to not playing an entire year? Fact is he was considered top 50 and an A prospect and then got hurt, now in his first 30 pro games he has 19 pts and has been one of the better two way defensemen on the team, the fact he isn't a call up, you think bringing him up to sit in the press box or play 10-12 min a night is beneficial? For someone who claims I don't know hockey you sure are stubborn to the fact Timmins is a solid prospect and even if you don't like the package which I've admitted to not making sense cause Ehlers has solid term left, disregarding him as a prospect all together is a joke.

I am simply disregarding him as a stud prospect / A-prospect. In the words of your own coach:

Timmins just isn't one of top-performing D for CO Eagles.

The problem is that you can't put aside your homerism and it costs you your credibility. You tried vehemently to justify your 1st + B prospect + bust as fair value for Ehlers. You finally saw the light.

Reactions: Snowman

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
I am simply disregarding him as a stud prospect / A-prospect. In the words of your own coach:

Timmins just isn't one of top-performing D for CO Eagles.

The problem is that you can't put aside your homerism and it costs you your credibility. You tried vehemently to justify your 1st + B prospect + bust as fair value for Ehlers. You finally saw the light.

So a guy in his first 30 games pro after an entire year off isn't a stud prospect because he wasn't the top performing dman at the time. Got it. Makes total sense. I guess heinola not performing in the elite league means he isn't a stud prospect either?

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
So a guy in his first 30 games pro after an entire year off isn't a stud prospect because he wasn't the top performing dman at the time. Got it. Makes total sense. I guess heinola not performing in the elite league means he isn't a stud prospect either?
The concussion didnt increase his value.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

He isn't one of the top performing D for the AHL team. And, the fact remains that Timmins consistently makes large, costly errors in nearly every game.

He's not a top-prospect. Not an A-prospect. Not a Romanov / Sandin. Not even close.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
The concussion didnt increase his value.

Didn't say it did. His play in his first 30 games of pro hockey after missing an entire year of development certainly did. Maybe not in a trade but if you haven't noticed the avs are very happy to hold onto Timmins.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
He isn't one of the top performing D for the AHL team. And, the fact remains that Timmins consistently makes large, costly errors in nearly every game.

He's not a top-prospect. Not an A-prospect. Not a Romanov / Sandin. Not even close.

Your gonna die by that one opinion huh hahahah the AHL writers said different but that isn't good enough for you. Is that not a form of homerism? Completely disregarding any opinion that isn't the one you've found? Laughable

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Didn't say it did. His play in his first 30 games of pro hockey after missing an entire year of development certainly did. Maybe not in a trade but if you haven't noticed the avs are very happy to hold onto Timmins.

Absolutlely no one in this thread asked for Timmins in a trade. Quite the opposite. They didn't want to trade Ehlers for such a low-ball offer.

Reactions: TS Quint

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Your gonna die by that one opinion huh hahahah the AHL writers said different but that isn't good enough for you. Is that not a form of homerism? Completely disregarding any opinion that isn't the one you've found? Laughable

Disregarding your opinion which is based on old information (Pronman from 2 years ago). LOL

He's not an A-prospect like a Romanov / Sandin / Bouchard etc. He's not even close.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Disregarding your opinion which is based on old information (Pronman from 2 years ago). LOL

He's not an A-prospect like a Romanov / Sandin / Bouchard etc. He's not even close.

Your now comparing him to other players after admitting you don't follow him in the slightest. By the way this OP offer was crafted by an avs writer on a podcast. A poll was taken and 57% said "meh" to the offer as in they weren't sure. So it's not just me that feels this way. Anyways, Timmins has 6 pts in his last 6 games and is continuing to turn heads. Maybe one day when he's in our top 4 I'll remember your name and remind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad