Proposal: WIN - COL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Your now comparing him to other players after admitting you don't follow him in the slightest. By the way this OP offer was crafted by an avs writer on a podcast. A poll was taken and 57% said "meh" to the offer as in they weren't sure. So it's not just me that feels this way. Anyways, Timmins has 6 pts in his last 6 games and is continuing to turn heads. Maybe one day when he's in our top 4 I'll remember your name and remind you.

You do that big-guy. Good luck to your B-prospect.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
You do that big-guy. Good luck to your B-prospect.

Sorry man but I'm obviously going to defend your allegations. He's the top scoring dman on the team in the last 16 games (over half of his total games played). I keep providing facts from the avs writers outside of the one you keep standing on but yet you are still convinced everyone except you and that Marie chick are right LOLLL

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Sorry man but I'm obviously going to defend your allegations. He's the top scoring dman on the team in the last 16 games (over half of his total games played). I keep providing facts from the avs writers outside of the one you keep standing on but yet you are still convinced everyone except you and that Marie chick are right LOLLL

Yet he's not one of the top performing D on the team and makes blunders every game. Just a B prospect dude. Accept it. Its a decent place to be.

No one is interested in him.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Yet he's not one of the top performing D on the team and makes blunders every game. Just a B prospect dude. Accept it. Its a decent place to be.

No one is interested in him.

Yet hes scoring at the same clip as Bouchard who he's not even close to and Bouchard played an entire year more towards his development. Interesting.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yet hes scoring at the same clip as Bouchard who he's not even close to and Bouchard played an entire year more towards his development. Interesting.

Ok he's the best A-prospect to make large mistakes every game and who is not one of the top performing D on his AHL team.

Does that work for you?

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
What other gague is there for prospects except potential and upside you complete moron. MacKinnon played for a record breaking bad team hahaha and no Ehlers doesn't sniff MacKinnons jock strap on a good day and how did people know MacKinnon would be better than he was when he wasn't producing as much? Maybe his upside and potential? Not sure though. And please man like I care what avs fans on the internet think about me, no one on here would say half the stuff their saying in person anyways.
Complete moron? Wow you are a sore loser. You seem to only watch stats so check out mackinnons junior stats compared to ehlers? Wait they played for the same team.....78 and 75 points for MacKinnon....104 and 101 for ehlers....MacKinnon barely made it to 30 goals a season....ehlers was pushing 50. Tell me more about potential? How about upside? Was wheeler and schiefele playing with ehlers in Halifax? So why aren't the abs trading mac for kk again?

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Complete moron? Wow you are a sore loser. You seem to only watch stats so check out mackinnons junior stats compared to ehlers? Wait they played for the same team.....78 and 75 points for MacKinnon....104 and 101 for ehlers....MacKinnon barely made it to 30 goals a season....ehlers was pushing 50. Tell me more about potential? How about upside? Was wheeler and schiefele playing with ehlers in Halifax? So why aren't the abs trading mac for kk again?

MacKinnon now dances entire teams game in and game out and is a top 2 player in the league. Why do you keep bringing him up? Do you expect Ehlers to reach that point?

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Ok he's the best A-prospect to make large mistakes every game and who is not one of the top performing D on his AHL team.

Does that work for you?

I'm just exposing the fact you've based your entire opinion off one writer that has very little credentials and that you said Timmins isn't even close to Bouchard but yet is performing just as well. I feel like my argument is pretty legit but it is what it is if you want to rely on one chicks opinion over all the other avs writers so be it. Have a good one

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'm just exposing the fact you've based your entire opinion off one writer that has very little credentials and that you said Timmins isn't even close to Bouchard but yet is performing just as well. I feel like my argument is pretty legit but it is what it is if you want to rely on one chicks opinion over all the other avs writers so be it. Have a good one

So because it was a woman beat writer its not valid?

#B-Prospect and MeToo movement.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Hahahahaha bro don't do me like that.
I mentioned Lauren Gardner as an avs writer with more credentials.

Good, its enough for you to be wrong all the time but to be chauvenistic would push you over the edge.

Glad we see eye to eye!

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
So this Timmins guy is kind of injury prone huh? Good thing he isn't really a good prospect in the rankings or they'd probably miss him!

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

Reports my post lmaooo sorry I hurt your feelings ill watch my language from now on

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
MacKinnon now dances entire teams game in and game out and is a top 2 player in the league. Why do you keep bringing him up? Do you expect Ehlers to reach that point?
So would you trade MacKinnon for that pile of Avs crap that was offered for Ehlers? Didn't think so....but mac had potential and upside? What does a player that outperformed him at every level have? You have every excuse in the book. Come on homer tell me expert ...or are you going down the road of calling me a complete moron again? Truth hurts when you have to face the facts.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
So would you trade MacKinnon for that pile of Avs crap that was offered for Ehlers? Didn't think so....but mac had potential and upside? What does a player that outperformed him at every level have? You have every excuse in the book. Come on homer tell me expert ...or are you going down the road of calling me a complete moron again? Truth hurts when you have to face the facts.

You make no sense man. No I wouldn't trade MacKinnon for what's offered because MacKinnon is ten times better than Ehlers is. I don't understand why you keep bringing him up. You are getting lost in your own attempt to compare the situation. Don't call me a homer and imply Ehlers is going to be or is as good as MacKinnon, that's embarassing. Hopefully you don't report this post too

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

MacKinnon scored Ehlers career high as an 18 year old. He also has 29 pts in 25 playoff games and Ehlers has 7 in 22 in fact mack eclipsed Ehlers playoff totals in his first ever series at 18. MacKinnon has back to back 95+ pt seasons and Ehlers barely paced 50 pts last year. That's right, MacKinnon doubled Ehlers pace last year and is doubling it again this year. Very very very poor attempt at comparing a deal for the two players my friend.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
MacKinnon scored Ehlers career high as an 18 year old. He also has 29 pts in 25 playoff games and Ehlers has 7 in 22 in fact mack eclipsed Ehlers playoff totals in his first ever series at 18. MacKinnon has back to back 95+ pt seasons and Ehlers barely paced 50 pts last year. That's right, MacKinnon doubled Ehlers pace last year and is doubling it again this year. Very very very poor attempt at comparing a deal for the two players my friend.
So you are saying he peaked at 18 and then went downhill until he got players on the team that can make him look good. Or where those the years he quit on the team? Good to know.

You just keep moving the goalpost dont you? Potential, upside...all your words then I prove you wrong and then it is team mates...move the posts again and you say team was crappy....you are full of excuses.

Reactions: Snowman

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I was going to comment about what a pathetic proposal that an Avs fan came up with and then write off the thread but instead, I learned that Avs prospect Timmins sounds pretty terrible.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
So you are saying he peaked at 18 and then went downhill until he got players on the team that can make him look good. Or where those the years he quit on the team? Good to know.

You just keep moving the goalpost dont you? Potential, upside...all your words then I prove you wrong and then it is team mates...move the posts again and you say team was crappy....you are full of excuses.

Do you realize some guys who never have succesful careers in the NHL absolutely destroy junior? Do you realize scouts use the terms upside and potential and that's what they base most of their reports around? Do you realize you are trying to tell me MacKinnon needs other players around him to be good? He's 30+ pts up on the second leader on the avs. MacKinnon is literally the second best player in the NHL, this is the worst attempt at trying to make me seem wrong dude. The avalanche set a historically bad record for worst finish in the cap era and I can't say that's why he struggled? Anyways man since you are clueless to how scouting works and what the terms upside and potential mean in terms of evaluating young talent, this argument will go nowhere. Basically what you are telling me is Ehlers can be the next MacKinnon because MacKinnon had a few seasons where he didn't put up insane numbers hahaha you are hurting my brain

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Ehlers has never scored 30 and I have said numerous times Timmins Jost first is only enough if Winnipeg is out of the playoff race.

Wait, if the Jets are out of the playoff race this year, you think it makes sense for the Jets to trade a core player on a SIX YEAR contract for your spare parts?!

How does that even remotely make sense? Stop posting dude.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Wait, if the Jets are out of the playoff race this year, you think it makes sense for the Jets to trade a core player on a SIX YEAR contract for your spare parts?!

How does that even remotely make sense? Stop posting dude.

Drop it man. This has already been discussed and killed. You think they are spare parts, avs fans think otherwise of Timmins. And I already agreed it wouldn't make much sense given the term Ehlers has left. That being said the jets desperately need defensemen in their pipeline.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Avaholic29 in this thread reminds me of that habs fan last summer adamantly defending his "Weber for laine" offer.

When everyone who comments on your proposal (including neutral fans AND Avs fans) saying its shit, and nobody agrees with you, *maybe* your proposal is actually shit.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Avaholic29 in this thread reminds me of that habs fan last summer adamantly defending his "Weber for laine" offer.

When everyone who comments on your proposal (including neutral fans AND Avs fans) saying its ****, and nobody agrees with you, *maybe* your proposal is actually ****.

It isn't my proposal and the majority of my debate was defending the quality of Timmins as a player. And I haven't seen one avs fan come at me for saying Timmins is a stud. Because he is.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Drop it man. This has already been discussed and killed. You think they are spare parts, avs fans think otherwise of Timmins. And I already agreed it wouldn't make much sense given the term Ehlers has left. That being said the jets desperately need defensemen in their pipeline.

Actually, the Jets are not desperate for defencemen in their pipeline. They have Heinola, who showed very well in his stint as an 18 year old and the highly regarded Dylan Samberg, who might actually step in later this year.

What the Jets do need is an actual top 4 RHD with term, nothing of which is being offered here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad