Proposal: WIN - COL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I could see the Avs being all over this. For Winnipeg they'd probably want either an upgrade on Timmins or Jost in this deal. Ehlers is damn good, young, and signed for a long time.

And no I'm not giving up Byram.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
I don't view that as the case, although I like Ehlers.

Connor may be one of the most underrated top-6 forwards in the NHL at the moment IMO.
That would make Ehlers even more underrated, as he produces like a topline forward while having middle-6 usage and very little PP, 3v3, 4v4

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Here we have a bunch of jets fans acting like Ehlers (career high 64 pts) is worth the world plus some. Did it with trouba too. Jost, Timmins and a 1st would definitely get it done if you guys fall any further from a wildcard spot. Ehlers and Connor do not have the same value in a vacuum. I'd trade Byram for Connor but no way does Ehlers return anything like that. I'd consider Nylander better and we don't see any "it'd take heiskanen or Makar to land nylander", we see Pesce offers etc. Stop reaching.

Reactions: milehigh11

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Timmins would just be amongst the pack of D prospects the Jets, he wouldn’t go into the roster and he would be the top prospect even. Yost is just, nothing of interest at this point. Late 1st rd pick. Not much quality in that offer, Jets would pass on that easy.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Timmins would just be amongst the pack of D prospects the Jets, he wouldn’t go into the roster and he would be the top prospect even. Yost is just, nothing of interest at this point. Late 1st rd pick. Not much quality in that offer, Jets would pass on that easy.

Lmao, have you seen the jets dcore? He'd easily jump right into the lineup

Lastwind

Jan 20, 2020
Ottawa, ON
Actually I have to agree that it would not be enough for the Jets.

They are currently fighting for a playoff spot, and I don’t see how a draft pick and Jost helps them get points. Timmins probably does go in their lineup but that doesn’t offset losing Ehlers. In my opinion.

This trade only makes sense if they are rebuilding and lower in the standings.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Lmao, have you seen the jets dcore? He'd easily jump right into the lineup

He wouldn’t even be the Jets top D prospect, so no he wouldn’t. It has less to do with talent and more to do with experience. Jets have multi prospects that have more talent then the current roster players.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
The Jets aren't trading for futures at the moment.If they lose 4+ of their 6 games before the deadline that may change, but any futures offers at the moment are likely a hard no.

As for value, seems like three quarters for a dollar. All good pieces, but nothing worth moving Ehlers for.

Reactions: hn777 and Huffer

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Here we have a bunch of jets fans acting like Ehlers (career high 64 pts) is worth the world plus some. Did it with trouba too. Jost, Timmins and a 1st would definitely get it done if you guys fall any further from a wildcard spot. Ehlers and Connor do not have the same value in a vacuum. I'd trade Byram for Connor but no way does Ehlers return anything like that. I'd consider Nylander better and we don't see any "it'd take heiskanen or Makar to land nylander", we see Pesce offers etc. Stop reaching.
As a Jets fan, I would be humble enough to value Avs fans opinion of Makar vs Byram (as an example), but Avs fans know better how to evaluate Ehlers vs Connor than Jets fans?

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
He wouldn’t even be the Jets top D prospect, so no he wouldn’t. It has less to do with talent and more to do with experience. Jets have multi prospects that have more talent then the current roster players.

Timmins > bittetto > poolman > niku

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Ehlers has produced similarly to Rantanen over the last two seasons at 5v5. He’s not playing with Mackinnon either. Signed longterm at 6M. Take that into account when making offers

Oh come on lol... Ehlers had 37 pts in 62 games last year, that's barely a 50 pt pace. He also has 7 pts in 21 playoff games. Might want to ease off the Rantanen comparisons lmao, Rantanen scored 54 even strength pts last season which is ten off Ehlers career high points total. Might be overeating him slightly.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Ehlers has produced similarly to Rantanen over the last two seasons at 5v5. He’s not playing with Mackinnon either. Signed longterm at 6M. Take that into account when making offers
So tired of the 5 on 5 arguments, power play goals count just as much as a 5 on 5 goal on the score sheet. You can compare Ehlers to Rantanen when he puts up over 90 points.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
He also a top end line driver and has turned down #1PP time to play in a more suitable position on PP2.

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad